GTR2 16th Anniversary PATCH HOTFIX

Misc GTR2 16th Anniversary PATCH HOTFIX 16.0.16

Login or Register an account to download this content
Running Steam GTR2 version doesn't need to be Online !!
You'll need to be online to get the 1st Steam original version.
But afterwards, no need to be online and moreover this version can also be copied at any place you like out of Steam and can be played without any problem and witout any Internet connection.

I was just reading over the v16 changelog as I haven't checked it out in a while. Great work, as usual! And I was really happy to see a lot of P&G fixes. I see you even fixed some things I noticed like crashes, jumps, and rollovers. I'm going to try it out again soon :thumbsup:

"Developped on Dell Inspiron 531 Athlon64x2 5600+ (dual core 2.8GHz) 6Go RAM with nvidia 9800GT 512Mo."

Are you still developing on this hardware?

I just did a comparison with my old 2011 i7-2600k, which is about twice as fast, and a 1060 which is 9 times as fast :confused:

I'm impressed what you're able to get out of that hardware with GTR2 :)

1684859850982.png

1684859868650.png

I was just reading over the v16 changelog as I haven't checked it out in a while. Great work, as usual! And I was really happy to see a lot of P&G fixes. I see you even fixed some things I noticed like crashes, jumps, and rollovers. I'm going to try it out again soon :thumbsup:
and even more goodness is coming - here's our WIP working car body raindrops - excellent idea by GTR233 powered by CCGEP:

Hello. First of all, I want to thank you for the great job you have done. Thank you! It is very important for me. But I have one question, after installing your path, some cars from other mods stopped loading. I know for sure that they work. Because they worked before installation, but they don't work even after installing on top of your patch. They also worked with previous versions of your patch. Moreover, this can happen in one mod. That is, for example, one car can be loaded, but another cannot. please tell me if this can be fixed somehow? Thank you.

I have found some small bug. The #11 viper from 03 season has 2 different wheels. I think it should have the ones that are on the rear.
It isn't a bug. Most of the time, this Viper used different front and rear rims, although in some races, they used the same rim model. In the base game, they used the same rims both in fornt and in the rear wheels, I suppose to simplify.

Attachments

• viper_roos_gtr2.jpg
    viper_roos_gtr2.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
Here you can see some instances where the team used the same set of rims, both in front and in the rear.

Attachments

• viper_roos_barcelona.jpg
    viper_roos_barcelona.jpg
    689.5 KB · Views: 50
  • viper_roos_estoril.jpg
    viper_roos_estoril.jpg
    799.3 KB · Views: 43
Is my download corrupt or incomplete? Instead of ending with .7z and opening with 7zip, they end with .7z.001, .7z.002, and .7z.003.

I know they are parts 1, 2 and 3 but 001, 002, and 003 are not valid file extensions and my computer doesn't even know how to open them. Shouldn't they all end in .7z and just have the part # in the file's name instead of in the file-type extension?

Last edited:
If you have 7-Zip (which is the recommended unzipper to use in this case), first, you download the 3 files, and put them in the same folder. Then, right-click on the one ending in 7z.001, select 7-Zip, and then click on either "Extract here" or "Extract in (filename)". After that, 7-Zip will extract all the 3 files (001, 002 and 003).

Attachments

• Captura de pantalla (3).png
    Captura de pantalla (3).png
    253 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
If you have 7-Zip (which is the recommended unzipper to use in this case), first, you donwload the 3 files, and put them in the same folder. Then, right-click on the one ending in 7z.001, select 7-Zip, and then click on either "Extract here" or "Extract in (filename)". After that, 7-Zip will extract all the 3 files (001, 002 and 003).
Thank you.

I have a very particular thing:
When installing the patched PnG3 cars, all the PNG3 cars default to a steering lock of 18 degrees, with a maximum of 28 degrees - the same settings as the GTR2 HQ cars.
However, PNG3's vanilla cars have both much higher steering maximums and defaults, sometimes up to 34 degrees - the mod was very much designed around 900 degrees of rotation. Is it possible to retain all the other fixes but keep the steering lock values to the PNG3 defaults?

Also, should mention: Currently, the GTR2_Setup.cmd (and the loader) can end up in an endless loop between option 35 and 37:
1707044620397.png

skipping one of those bypasses the issue.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back