GTR2 16th Anniversary PATCH HOTFIX

Misc GTR2 16th Anniversary PATCH HOTFIX 16.0.16

Login or Register an account to download this content
@GTR233 thanks so much as always for your dedication to GTR2 :)

I am having some odd bugs with this release with some (not all) old track mods e.g. Road Atlanta 2016 and SGT Suzuka. The game's visuals freeze as soon as the track is loaded, and remain frozen indefinitely. But if I click to on the big red "go to track" button, I can hear the game functioning normally in the background (e.g. I can hear myself driving the car in the audio, but only see the frozen menu screen). Is this a bug you can replicate on your end? If so, do you have any idea what might be causing it?

Last edited:
I cannot replicate that on my side so I do not know : try a fresh install with 16.0.0 + hotfix 16.0.14.
Did you manually enable dynamic clouds in these tracks ? It works in most tracks but not all, especially the clouds shadowcaster effect which I disabled in Targa Florio (you have the dyn clouds in sky but no shadows of clouds on the ground).

Today I upload hotfix 14, mainly to fix png3 bugs from 2015.
Next week I may upload full 16.1.0 with all hotfixes included.

Last edited:
Thank you or your reply to my request dealing with Autopit file entry and my problem. The issue is now fixed. Thank you for an outstanding mod
Glad you sort it :)

MJQT : I have tested these 2 tracks with dynamic clouds in trk and my fps are cut by 2 if I enabled shadowcaster so my advice is to delete ShadowCaster=(Static, Texture, 64,64) from peter-boese-gtr233-dyn.clouds instance.

Moreover the shadowcasters are too big in these tracks so big fps hit : search for all shadowcasters lines in trk and
- replace Dynamic by Static
- replace any size superior to 128,128 by 64,64 (I see 1024,1024 and even 2048,2048 which is crazy!)

Last edited:
I cannot replicate that on my side so I do not know : try a fresh install with 16.0.0 + hotfix 16.0.14.
Will do when I have a moment today.

Did you manually enable dynamic clouds in these tracks ? It works in most tracks but not all, especially the clouds shadowcaster effect which I disabled in Targa Florio (you have the dyn clouds in sky but no shadows of clouds on the ground).
No, I didn't manually enable it in those tracks. I also tried using the usual 4K skies instead of the dynamic clouds in the GTR2 SETUP command prompt, and Road Atlanta 2016 did the same thing as before, sadly.

MJQT : I have tested these 2 tracks with dynamic clouds in trk and my fps are cut by 2 if I enabled shadowcaster so my advice is to delete ShadowCaster=(Static, Texture, 64,64) from peter-boese-gtr233-dyn.clouds instance.

Moreover the shadowcasters are too big in these tracks so big fps hit : search for all shadowcasters lines in trk and
- replace Dynamic by Static
- replace any size superior to 128,128 by 64,64 (I see 1024,1024 and even 2048,2048 which is crazy!)
As I said I tested both Suzuka and NeelJ Road Atlanta 2016 (but reduced shadowcasters size as I wrote above) and no issue with or without dynamic clouds enabled (of course less fps with dyn. clouds)
So I've solved the problem, and it's an interesting one. I had turned the game up to max settings, including "Shadows" to "Full" - instead of "Medium", as is suggested by the graphics presets. Both SGT Suzuka and Road Atlanta 2016 freeze up on my system when "Shadows" are on "Full" or on "High", but neither freeze when on "Medium".No TRK file tweaking was required in the end to solve the issue. Although I may do it anyway, just to make these tracks a little more lightweight :)

Thank you for your help @GTR233 :inlove:

Last edited:
I have never installed the patch.
Does every new release contain all previous patches and fixes? or only the new files?
Last hotfix includes all previous hotfixes so what you need :

- install GTR2 at the root of one of your drives (default Steam path is too long and will not work by example, but you can copy the GTR2 folder from steamapps to c:\games\GTR2 which is ok)
- download the 3 parts of Anniversary Patch 16.0.0 and use only 7z.001 master archive to extract files where your GTR2 install is (7zip will call 002/003 archives when needed so just ignore 002/003, they just need to be at same place as 001)
OVERWRITE ALL FILES AND FOLDERS
- download last hotfix (16.0.16 today)
and extract hotfix in GTR2 install : OVERWRITE ALL
- You may want CrewChief plugin so go to thecrewchief.org to get installer and INSTALL IT IN DEFAULT PATH
- run GTR2_SETUP.CMD to configure GTR2 as you like :)

I have updated svm page to differentiate gtr2 from png3 svm :
download txt file below then rename file by deleting .TXT extension to get .7z archive and extract it in your gtr2hq install to overwrite 2 cmd files.

Attachments

• GTR2_SETUP_7_03.7z.txt
    41.5 KB · Views: 70
Oh, oh! I downloaded this patch and ran the setup.cmd. Both Gtr2 and PnG ctd before i can load a car or track inUI! Help!
I guess you only installed this hotfix : for sure it will not work because you must download and install the 4 7zip archives. Full GTR2 16th Anniversary patch is 4.3 Gb size whereas hotfix is only 200 Mb because it is a small patch for the full patch.
Follow exactly install here :

You are correct GTR233, I didn't have the Anniversary Patch installed. My mistake. I d think I have the game working now. I re ran DXsetup and that seemed to work.

Hello, I have a problem, what happens is that when I installed this patch the HUD stopped working. Do you know of any solution? sorry for my english, i'm using google translate :p

Which hud do you speak about : in car cockpit small lcd motec specific for each car or the big generic one ?
- small lcd : you must set Administrator rights to gtr2config.exe before run it, then pick any 32bits resolution and NEVER 16bits. Plus there is M key in game to turn this lcd ON/OFF (I disabled it in any anniversary PLAYER PLR so M key does nothing with my patch)
- game generic HUD : you have to check a box in menu to enable/disable it, plus you have a shortcut numeric key (3 if I recall...or maybe 2 : one is for mirror and the other is for hud)

Do you use one of my generic hud from gtr2_setup ? Maybe there is a bug in my setup with specific combo hud style+lang : what is your language and which style did you choose ?

Hi, Just today decided to install the HQ patch + the 2005 thing and it seems to be that the Spyker AI is broken? Maybe i installed it all wrong as did it like

HQ patch p1-2-3
HOTFIX
I only noticed it when testing to make sure the game ran fine around Vallelunga so idk if it also effects other tracks.

Your video is funny :D
Thanks for reporting ;)
The bug you experienced may be due to a specific combo in gtr2_setup or a mod you added because spyker works on my side.
To be honest I will not search and try to fix it in the next days just because the 16.5.0 (maybe v17 if release is closer to 17th anniversary date...) version that I prepare for more than 6 months is too much different from the 16.0.16 available. That said, I promise to pay attention to the spyker for next version which works flawlessly with body dirt/rain on my pc at the moment.

Your video is funny :D
Thanks for reporting ;)
The bug you experienced may be due to a specific combo in gtr2_setup or a mod you added because spyker works on my side.
To be honest I will not search and try to fix it in the next days just because the 16.5.0 (maybe v17 if release is closer to 17th anniversary date...) version that I prepare for more than 6 months is too much different from the 16.0.16 available. That said, I promise to pay attention to the spyker for next version which works flawlessly with body dirt/rain on my pc at the moment.
Might be an setup thing. As the only thing i have installed on that game version is the HQ mod + the 2005 stuff from you.

I'll do a full re-install whenever & report back.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back