Here's the latest news
http://insider.simbin.com/simbin-studios-is-moving-ahead/

''In the line of changes, Henrik Roos, one of three founders of SimBin and the CEO of the company, has decided to step down from his position. Henrik turns the ownership of SimBin Studios AB into the capable hands of Klaus Wohlfarth, the owner of KW Automotive, and the main investor and shareholder of SimBin Studios. Henrik Roos will continue to support the company as a business consultant.''

As a consumer, one of the best things about PC gaming is mods, mainly because there's always problems or compromises in games, and the modders usually work their way around it and provide some great content.
I normally don't buy Fantasy RPG's, but because I knew of the modding legacy of Oblivion, and that Bethesda was going to allow Steam to dl and install mods, not only did I buy Skyrim, it was the most I'd ever paid for a game on steam.

To me, cars are more important than tracks, but a good mix of both is ideal, and that's what GTR Evo has thanks to Simbin and the modders.

As a consumer, one of the best things about PC gaming is mods, mainly because there's always problems or compromises in games, and the modders usually work their way around it and provide some great content.
I normally don't buy Fantasy RPG's, but because I knew of the modding legacy of Oblivion, and that Bethesda was going to allow Steam to dl and install mods, not only did I buy Skyrim, it was the most I'd ever paid for a game on steam.

To me, cars are more important than tracks, but a good mix of both is ideal, and that's what GTR Evo has thanks to Simbin and the modders.

I must confess and say that even with games that were IDEAL for modding - atleast when looking at it from the outside - I went and bought them even though no support would be made for such. This includes Battlefield 3 and Battlefield: Bad Company 2. 2 games that come from a series with highly active modding communities. I can't help but feel that the modders are very disappointed with DICE for not making this possible. The worst part of it was, that the DICE executives said that 'Modding these games would be too difficult, so we will not make it possible' - What kind of a thing to say is that? We've seen modders making entirely new, sophisticated games out of a seemingly simplistic engine, because of the simple fact that the developers knew that modders had the skills if they sat down and gave it a try.

When all comes to all, I think developers now a days have to realize the potential that modders have. I mean, after all, there are so many stories now, that some modders had even made such a good mod for a game, that they were hired by the company who made the original game that their mods were made for. Meaning that it in no way is a one-hit-wonder story. It's something that actually happens.

Also, it says something that you, David, bought Skyrim because of the modsupport it would have. i.e., definitive proof that making games for the PC moddable actually sells their game.

When all comes to all, I think developers now a days have to realize the potential that modders have.

The disturbing reality is, the accountants get their hands on the games details, and look to reduce costs, and also maximize profits via DLC, of course, eliminating mod support presumably ensures higher DLC sales, but they forget if there's something wrong/annoying about the vanilla game, then people might not buy any DLC.

We are very much alive, but very busy! We will post some new articles on the blog in the near future.

It has indeed been a bit quiet, but as i hvae mentioned elsewhere, we have a marketing team of two peopl, and both are spread thin over multiple projects! I just have been away on a few reference trips and meeting with manufacturers. With the end result i have not been that present on RRO or been available to write some cool things for the blog.

I am sure we will make up for that soon enough though!

Modders are also respected members of the community. If modding is not allowed the impact will be much greater when bigger mod-teams gives the finger and the community follows to other titles.. In simracing, mods are so essential that i can't believe in a title that disallows it, the exeption being iRacing but it's a totally different business model. DLC will still be purchased just because those releases always are high quality, they have standardised content (all cars are made to fit in the games existing content, tracks are modeled better and consistently), their performance is scaled to fit the game requirements. Mods have variable quality and performance and sometimes won't fit in the game plus the whole hassle of installing different versions from 3rd party websites manually is totally different from automated process DLC, having the support from updates that are applied silently,,, Almost without exeptions we all use the game content over modded ones.

A lot of people had difficulties (and still have) making their own setups for GTR2 as their knowledge of making setups is too limited.

A small suggestion I would like to make is that setup options are described in game with tooltips.

If you hover over a certain setting it would be nice read what every option does and what the effect is of changing them.

The sixth season of RDGTC marks the return to a game where it all began years ago. Only this time not longer in GTR 2 or GTR Evolution but in SimBin's upcoming title GTR 3.

All licensed members and future owners of SimBin's GTR 3 are welcome to join the championship.

Drop your ideas and wishes in the thread below. Cars, race distance, team features or whatever nice you think of we would like to read.
Of course we have our own ideas already in the works and when GTR 3 will come out this will become an iconic league that people will remember for a long time!

Something I would really like, if there are enough sign ups for the season, is a "team-mate race", with that I mean that two team mates, if we will have a team championship, drive the same car with driver swaps. I don't know if GTR 3 have that future but if it has I think it could offer some fun for most racers. In essence it would mean about half the race each. I think the German (Blanche or something like that in the name) series uses this... :)

As for race distance I like it with 1-2 hour races, depending on which time the event starts :p

Jonathan: GT1, GT3, ADAC GT all have driver swaps. And an other exciting part of GT3 is that drivers are ranked by their past result ( here is where RD Ranking 2.0 can be useful :) ), and the driver pairs are made of a Gold ranked driver and a Silver/Bronze ranked one. This would be a nice addition to RDGTC. If not for the first division, then for the second div only. So its like the real life GT1 and GT3.

This way the league could be a driving school also :) Experienced drivers would help their mates with driving techniques, finding a setup that fits both of them, etc...

Jonathan: GT1, GT3, ADAC GT all have driver swaps. And an other exciting part of GT3 is that drivers are ranked by their past result ( here is where RD Ranking 2.0 can be useful :) ), and the driver pairs are made of a Gold ranked driver and a Silver/Bronze ranked one. This would be a nice addition to RDGTC. If not for the first division, then for the second div only. So its like the real life GT1 and GT3.

This way the league could be a driving school also :) Experienced drivers would help their mates with driving techniques, finding a setup that fits both of them, etc...
Now that sounds very interesting indeed :)

That would mean, if I understand it correctly, a PQ first to see how fast/good you are and then the drivers not in div 1, would team up with one of the drivers in Div 1? Or something like that :confused:

As long as I can drive the GT's, and it is only half the fun as in RDGTC S5, I am in :)

Like the idea of Jonatan! Sounds very exciting!
Me like the sound of that :D

I really like the idea of having driver swaps. 2-3drivers per car, 3hour races. Multiclass would be awesome, but might not suit a league like this. Changeable weather conditions. At least 10 races per season, one every two weeks or so. One season in spring and one in autumn.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back