1. Proper flag rules (i.e. penalties for dis-obeying them, red flags etc.)
2. Endurance type pitstops, i.e. staying in the garage for 30mins to fix mechanical problems, could work well with red flags if there's a stopapge
3. More Pit-crew animations
4. Maybe after a driver change, the opertunity to walk around the track/pitlane/garage? It would make things much more immersive than just accelerating time till its your turn to drive.
5. Endurance racing of course :D

An up-to-date version of GTR2 would be good enough for me. Improved visuals, licenced GT content etc.

GTR2 was so good with it's series, physics, endurance racing, day/night transitions and everything, it was more complete than rFactor can manage or Race Series(though it wasn't meant to be). If we can have that all again in an improved updated package then it would be perfect:good:.

make the game mod-friendly, lights, oval races and dirt oval races (drag would be cool also). of course you have to have karts if you want me to buy it.
rFactor 2 should be your choice for that. Hopefully GTR3 will stick to licenced GT series properly simulated like they did with GTR1/2. Though I agree that I hope they continue to support modding and reduce some of the restrictions that the Race Series has caused with model ID's etc.

I guess we can have both ;)

In a very personal opinion, formula 1 cars are not really suited for online simracing, meaning the gap between drivers skills can be so huge I often end up alone in a race. I really prefer slower cars when it comes to multiplayer.

F1 and the like require a little more formal settings for online racing, which did and still is happening with rF and Race07 here at RD. But in general, they are not the kind of cars to "jump on a server and race" that say an S2000 or even GT class car can sustain...

Good netcode will be a winner either way as will a good admin interface for servers.

Talking of slower cars, look how well the short lived Clio mod I did filled the servers. First race filled two servers here at RD...

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.