Wow...what would i like to see in GTR3....well, thats a big question.
The only answer i can think of is: I would rather have less classes and gimmicks and more natural car physics than loads of classes and bad car physics.
Putting together a top5 i would say:

1) AI...what can i say...dont make it good, make it the best!
2) Car physics, with a good damage system: tyre puctures (not like F1 2010:cool:) ect
3) Good weather system with a rain radar (look at the dutch www.buienradar.nl).
4) Safety car for accidents and very bad weather
5) Grapics, race classes and good exterior(!!) sounds for the replay!!

Something in that order but thats my personal view.

Hi All,
Ever since Multiplayer went via Internet all is good, but the fine art and fun of playing Offline (internet) via normal LAN just dissappeared!!!!

For people in 3rd world countries, like us in South Africa, no multiplayer options are really available, as even if we have internet to activate games ect., we can't play online 'cause the damn ISP's are too slow and too erratic to keep a connection stable. How can I play against friends in the same room/city without being dropped all the time?!

This is a plea for the poor suckers that can't afford 8mb lines as there are no 1mb options where we are. We also want to feel the adrenaline of playing multiplayer games (like Race and GTR 3 ect.) while watching our buddies wreck there gaming Peripherals just to get a flat tire on the last lap.

For those that also have this need, please reply :)

Regards
An old dog (NFSHP3 player :) )

Wow...what would i like to see in GTR3....well, thats a big question.
The only answer i can think of is: I would rather have less classes and gimmicks and more natural car physics than loads of classes and bad car physics.
Putting together a top5 i would say:

1) AI...what can i say...dont make it good, make it the best!
2) Car physics, with a good damage system: tyre puctures (not like F1 2010:cool:) ect
3) Good weather system with a rain radar (look at the dutch www.buienradar.nl).
4) Safety car for accidents and very bad weather
5) Grapics, race classes and good exterior(!!) sounds for the replay!!

Something in that order but thats my personal view.

.....and if possible, all of the above in normal LAN play mode, without needing the internet for Lanning!!!! - Yes, it is a burning topic for me!!!

• targus

I have Steam and quite a few games from them too but my first preference is still boxed game and DD from Gamersgate or Impulse second. Steam is ok but prefer not having a client running in the background and GG and Impulse games don't require that.

In laps after the chequered flag? Never seen this before in any game as far as i can remember. Saftey cars and red flags would be pretty sweet too. Anything to spice up racing the AI drivers, more defending, more aggressive when trying to pass you and each other. This would make my time uni away from a good enough internet connection much better, as the offline mode on GTR-E is pretty good, but there is always room for improvement

.....and if possible, all of the above in normal LAN play mode, without needing the internet for Lanning!!!! - Yes, it is a burning topic for me!!!

But it is possible to play on a LAN without any need of an internet connection, as far as I know, in our past released games.

Maybe the steam platform is leading you to think you need Internet, but Steam itself has an offline mode. And you can still access / launch the server in offline mode.

Steam has been nothing but "win" for me. However, I can understand the need for something tangible to go with the money you just spent, I was the same way. I suppose if I had lots of issues with steam I would still feel the same way. The only drawback with steam is that its too easy to make impulse purchases.

1. 24-hour lighting changes (This means headlights need to work)
2. Car to Pit Voice Recognition for calls of when you want to pit in to get the team ready
3. Pit Crew Animations
4. Full Career Mode including cash to buy different cars in each class
5. True Simulation Feel
6. Eyefinity Support
7. Functional Side and Rearview mirrors
8. Mod Tools
9. In-game Skin Manager and Skin downloads on entrance to the track

But it is possible to play on a LAN without any need of an internet connection, as far as I know, in our past released games.

Maybe the steam platform is leading you to think you need Internet, but Steam itself has an offline mode. And you can still access / launch the server in offline mode.

i love this feature, and use it every few months for LANs with friends, as we don't have an active internet connection at that site.

1_hard-core sim. maximum realism,
2_game menu better as now.
3_graphic modern...

p.s. Simbin simulators is my lover and best in moment,
i hope they will be stay on top:) how last 5-6 years.

sry for my bad english.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea