I liked boxed version........nothing against steam I have bought the odd game via download.......but I like to wander into a shop and browse the shelves and have something tangable in my hand, once I given over my hard earned cash :)

Steam. It's the easiest way to get it in hands and it is always updated.

The boxed version would be way too difficult to get. If it ever reaches the nearest shop it still means over 100 km's of driving and it's over priced. Web shops have their delivery delays.. and we already have enough stuff in our home :)

How would you like to buy GTR3 (Poll)

I thought it would be nice to start a new thread on this topic of "How will you buy GTR3?" but using a poll. It will be much easier to see what the community wants - plus people who are usually shy can vote.

I have Included 5 options:
- Boxed version
- Boxed but installed via Steam (like if you buy a GTR Evo box and install the online version)
- Steam Download
- Paid download
- Play time-limited demo then buy license

EDIT: I voted for non-steam box install, because I like having a box for security, however I haven't tried steam (I use GTR Evo offline). The only game I have ever paid-downloaded is rFactor (and BTB - but I have to download that), and the only reason i didn't buy a box is 'cause I couldn't get one when the game was 4 years old ;)

I like Steam because I tend to loan out games and never get them back. With Steam my entire library is just a login away and I wish all distributors used the service. In fact if rFactor was on Steam I would have impulse bought it 10 times by now, but the easiest way to do it appears to be Amazon, and thats just enough to keep me from buying it.

I'd like to buy it with your money...........but if I can;t do that option, then a download would be fine. love to get a download thats fast though. Steam is waaaay to slow it seems.

Boxed. It would be cool if they could do a 'limited-edition' boxed game, with maybe some sort of extras. Maybe a season review (HD maybe, with alternate camera angles?, OK i'm dreaming now lol) of whatever Championship the game is licensed to.

• coneman

i always get the box version of my games. so i voted box non-steam

I voted for "Box with steam install".

I'm perfectly happy with the Steam install with direct updates etc and it has always been reliable for me, but I wont pay for a game without getting my Box for the shelf :)

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 41 85.4%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 8 16.7%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 4 8.3%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 15 31.3%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 15 31.3%