GTR 2

• Deleted member 133

Download: Thompson Raceway 1962

Downloads: A new file has been added by System:

Thompson Raceway 1962

Thompson62 is an original Track created in Bob's track Builder, Modeled (with some latitude) after the 2 mile configuration of the Thompson raceway, the self proclaimed "America's Toughest Road Racing Course" (I think at some time Bridgehampton made a similar claim) which was used between 1957 and 1967.
Version: 0.9
Date: 6/21/09
Track: BDibble342
AIW: Greybrad
Testing: VonKliest, Greybrad, et. al.
We wish to thank the following individuals for publishing BTB Xpacks containing texures and objects used in constructing this track:
EnnisFargis
Jay_P-666
WierdBeard
Chub pearson
Big Carva

History, Photos, track maps etc. from: www.coldplugs.com, an all around great site for local ( to New England) road racing history!
Track History copied from coldplugs:
Thompson Raceway, in northeastern Connecticut, was originally built as a 5/8 mile banked oval on leased land by a couple of brothers who were serious racing enthusiasts. One owned a construction firm and wanted to keep his men busy towards the end of the depression. Later, he kept them busy building the Massachusetts Turnpike.
George Weaver was the prime mover in converting the track to a road racing course. He was an original SCCA member and had the first competition license issued by the club. He arranged to lease additional land, and became the track's general manager (and secretary, and treasurer....). The "new" 1.5 mile track opened in 1952, and was subsequently expended several times. The 2 mile configuration was constructed in 1956 and used until 1967. Spectators and participants loved the place, and there was much wailing and weeping when it closed in 1967 (the oval is still used for some NASCAR events). After the Weavers closed the 2 mile track in 1967 a 1.7 Mile road course was built by the owners of the property the oval occupies, using parts of the "old " 2 mile track, events were held there until 1977 after which road racing at Thompson was discontinued permanently.

• Deleted member 133

Download: RC-Track Genk Belgium Version 2.0

RC-Track Genk Belgium Version 2.0

Just some minor changes, but I though, why not make this track also for GTR-EVO.
This track, that is yet to be build later this year, is actually going to be used for model racing cars.
These cars exist in scale 1/10, 1/8 and even 1/5, but I build the track to race 1/10th cars. That is why the track is build this wide. This is just to get an idea of the proportions of a RC-car onto this track.
The actual reason why I upload this track here, is because I have a little problem with it.
I can race this track offline without any problems, I can also host without problems, but nobody seems able to join.
So I hope that some of you can test this track, and perhaps tell me what is wrong with it.
Bear in mind that it is just a simple track(my first), with only the nessesary details on it.
However, any comments about improving the track are welcome, of course.

P.S. If you want to know where this track is going to be build, here is the link to the website.
http://www.modelracegenk.be/

• Deleted member 133

Download: Hillclimb 2009 v0.81 for GTR²

Hillclimb 2009 v0.81 for GTR²

First i want to Thank "Bob" from Bobs Track Builder for his awsome Work
he has done with his Programm...

Description for "Hillclimb_2009_v_0_8_1 for GTR²_by userxy aka_HSR_CJ"
----------------------------------------------------------------------

This fictional Track was made by my self. For the first Time it was only for
HSR-Community, but i released it for hole Racing-Community.

Track-Details :
---------------------

- 6,5km of Track
- Heavy up`s and Down`s
- Short and Blind Corners
- Long Straights

There are some things to do, most important is Background-Image Height Setting.
There more to do and i can need a bit of help, if someone can help me out please contact me.

Installation :
-----------------

Copy "Hillclimb2009" to your "GTR2/Game Data/Locations/" Folder...

Info :
-------

Please post any bugs!!!

You dont have any Permissions to edit or convert this Track without asking me!!!

Thanks to :
---------------
SimBin for GTR2
SimGarage for 3DSIMED

• Deleted member 133

Download: Bridgehampton

Bridgehampton

This Bridgehampton is an original track created in Bob's Track Builder, pains-takingly modeled after the world-famous Bridgehampton Race Circuit, circa 1967. Steve Smith and I have spent many hours adjusting the track geometry and test driving this version to produce a driving experience as close to that of the actual track as our modest computer-modeling skills allow.
Version: 2.0
Date: September 10, 2009
Track modeling: B. Dibble
CAM Files: Umma Gumma
Horizon images: Bud Lucas (borrowed from Bud’s excellent rFactor version of this track with his kind permission)
Testing: Steve (Toonces) Smith, Kurt (von Kliest) Dibble, Greg (Greg7) Davis, Umma Gumma, et alia.
We wish to thank Brendon Pywell for his wonderful Bob’s Track Builder, without which we could not even dream of building tracks, and the following individuals for publishing BTB Xpacks containing textures and objects used in constructing this track: EnnisFargis, Jay_P-666, WierdBeard, Chub Pearson, and Big Carva.
Installation: unzip to the "\GameData\Locations" subdirectory

Track History:
FASTEN YOUR SEAT BELTS, IT'S GOING TO BE A BUMPY RIDE

Bridgehampton was never smooth, and B. Dibble's meticulous recreation of this wonderful old track represents the sorry state the surface was in toward the end of its life. It was built in 1957 and paved by a local contractor who never did lay down a proper foundation, so it was kind of dilapidated from the git-go and never got the wrinkles out even after it was repaved a couple of times. In its heyday, in the late Sixties, Bridge-hampton hosted a couple of USRRC (U.S. Road Racing Championship, a precursor of the Can-Am series) races and a couple of full-blown Can-Am events (the winged Chaparral 2E debuted there in 1966). It fell into disrepair in the Seventies and faded away, like Riverside--another great track of that era--in the Eighties. I think its last race was a club event in the Nineties. As the track lay dying, some city-slicker came along, promising to restore it to its former glory, but everybody knew that was horsepucky--he really wanted to build McMansions--and now the property is a rich guys' golf course (sitting atop the area's only aquifer). You can still walk the main straight and the first three turns, but other than that, it's G-O-N-E.

When I was growing up, my parents had a place on the Island not far from the track, and one day in the spring of 1960 I heard a big V8 thumping off in the distance and went to investigate. Briggs Cunningham (who had won the America's Cup and wanted to win Le Mans) had prepared three Corvettes for the 24-hour race at the Sarthe, and brought a couple to "the Bridge" (which was named after the most distinctive feature of the old round-the-houses race on the outskirts of town) for a 25-hour test run with drivers Bob Grossman and John Fitch, who went on to finish tenth with the car (after its sister cars dropped out). I bought the car later, and always intended to race it there, but never got the chance.

I did eventually race a Porsche Speedster at the Bridge, and even later, when I was the Editor of Car and Driver, we tested there in everything from Holman & Moody-prepped muscle cars to an 18-wheeler (minus the trailer) and a gaggle of race cars, including a demon Mini-Cooper (based on the Alec Issigonis original), Mark Donohue's Camaro, and a wicked fast Formula Atlantic. The best race I ever saw there was a NASCAR Grand National, where the fearless fender-benders spent most of the lap wreathed in roostertails of sand. The sand could be deadly; Hodge Brush was killed soon after the track opened when he went off at the exit of T13 in his Porsche Speedster and flipped it over.

Lap times in modern cars are sure to beat the old absolute lap record, 1:24.6, set by Bruce McLaren. I can't be totally sure, but cars from the GTL-GTR2 mod might compare with real steel (or fiberglass) times like these:

Richard Petty (1964 NASCAR Plymouth), 1:50.1
Dan Gurney (1968 Shelby Cobra 289), 1:49.0
Skip Scott (1966 Shelby Cobra 427), 1:47.4
Mark Donohue (1968 Chevy Camaro), 1:46.5
Skip Scott (1967 Ford GT), 1:46.2
Herb Wetanson (1966 Porsche 906), 1:43.8
Mark Donohue (1969 Chevy Camaro), 1:43.0
Swede Savage (1970 Plymouth Barracuda), 1:42.2
Chris Amon (1966 McLaren M1B), 1:33.4
Jim Hall (1966 Chaparral 2E), 1:32.9
Jo Siffert (1969 Porsche 917PA), 1:29.2
Denny Hulme (1968 McLaren M6B), 1:27.7
Bruce McLaren (1969 McLaren M8B), 1:24.6

This is the third ver of Bridgehampton I've worked on (first with Lou Magyar's GPL ver, then Bud Lucas' ver for rFactor), and thanks to the realistic bumps, this ver is the most immersive. My thanks to B. Dibble for reviving all those old muscle memories, and to the unofficial track historian, Peter Klebnikov, for all his help with the proper historical perspectives.

Enjoy!

--Steve Smith

• Deleted member 133

Download: Riverside70

Riverside70

Riverside International Raceway 1970 that was located in riverside California USA,Built in the 50's the last race ran in the late 80's I think and is now a shopping mall and housing.:damnit:

Extract to your GTR2/GameData/Locations

• Deleted member 133

Download: Willow Springs

Willow Springs

Willow Sprins race corse located in Palmdale Califonia USA. It hosts motorcycles to race cars..

• Deleted member 133

Download: LongBeach 1979

LongBeach 1979

LongBeach GP Corse from 1979 located in LongBeach California USA.

When i've finded my GTR-DVD again, and after the installation is done, i'll try to host some races here. If it's alright. Hopefully i can make up a dedicated server (interface)......2mb upload would by more than enough, i think?

Okay, CD found + game installed!

Starting soon, when i can connected to the server...............

Oeps! 3 hours later......i see. That's good..isn't it.

because i can't fixed my DS(interface) problem, doens't show @ GTR2 lobby

Well, we've "only" have to search for a organizer and some people to race with.

Richard, if you organize a Race Event, i 'll collect some GTR racers.......:victory:

take for example; Porsches @ Spa 2003 :lamp:

MAKE ME HAPPY!!

• Teddie

Download: TTR Pit Chief Teddie - GTR2 Sound Mod

Downloads: A new file has been added by Teddie:

TTR Pit Chief Teddie - GTR2 Sound Mod

Team Tapawan Racing Presents a Sound Modification for GTR 2
=============================================================================================
Title : TTR Pit Chief Teddie
Version(s) : 2.0
Release Date : 10-07-2006
Author : Teddie Tapawan
Voice Acting : Teddie Tapawan
Sound Editing : Teddie Tapawan
Description : This sound modification replaces GTR 2's original pit chief
voice with my voice. What you will hear is a male with an
American accent along with background pit noise and the headset
on/off beeps.
Email : teddie@tapawan.com
Other Website(s) : www.funrealtournament.com, www.smartapplerocks.com
=============================================================================================
Equipment Used for Mod
----------------------
Shure SM-57 Microphone, ART Tube MP Preamp, SoundBlaster Audigy 2
Editor Used for Mod
-------------------
Adobe Audition 2.0
Installation
------------
BE SURE TO BACK UP YOUR ORIGINAL GTR2\GameData\Sounds\PIT DIRECTORY!!!
Extract the GameData folder to your GTR2 installation directory. Select "Yes" when asked to
overwrite existing files. There are alternate pit chief sounds to choose from inside of the
ALTERNATES directory.
NOTICE NOTICE NOTICE
--------------------
PLEASE DO NOT modify this mod in any way. If you distribute this mod, keep all files
within the archive in tact (WAV files, Readme files, etc.)
Thanks for using my mod. I hope you enjoy it!
Happy Racing!,
Teddie Tapawan

• Teddie

merged threads

Downloads: A new file has been added by Teddie:

TTR Pit Chief Kathy - GTR2 Sound Mod

Team Tapawan Racing Presents a Sound Modification for GTR 2
Title : TTR Pit Chief Kathy
Version(s) : 1.0
Release Date : 10-07-2006
Author : Teddie Tapawan
Voice Acting : Kathryn Tapawan
Sound Editing : Teddie Tapawan
Description : This sound modification replaces GTR 2's original pit chief
voice with my wife's voice. What you will hear is a female
with an American accent along with background pit noise and
the headset on/off beeps. Optionally, you can also install
the included female pit chief skins.
Email : teddie@tapawan.com
Other Website(s) : www.funrealtournament.com, www.smartapplerocks.com
Equipment Used for Mod
----------------------
Shure SM-57 Microphone, ART Tube MP Preamp, SoundBlaster Audigy 2
Editor Used for Mod
-------------------
Adobe Audition 2.0
Installation
------------
BE SURE TO BACK UP YOUR ORIGINAL GTR2\GameData\Sounds\PIT DIRECTORY!!!
Extract the GameData folder from TTR_Pit_Chief_Kathy_SOUNDS_v1.0.zip to your GTR2
installation directory. Select "Yes" when asked to overwrite existing files. There are
alternate pit chief sounds to choose from inside of the ALTERNATES directory.
If you would like to use the optional female pit chief skins, extract the GameData folder
from TTR_Pit_Chief_Kathy_SKINS_v1.0.zip to your GTR2 installation directory. To uninstall
the female skins, delete the .DDS files from your GTR2\GameData\Scripts directory.
Special Thanks
--------------
Thanks to my wife for spending a lot of her free time recording all those pit chief phrases
for this sound mod. I think she did a fantastic job and I'm grateful to her.
NOTICE NOTICE NOTICE
--------------------
PLEASE DO NOT modify this mod in any way. If you distribute this mod, keep all files
within the archive in tact (WAV files, Readme files, etc.)
Thanks for using my mod. I hope you enjoy it!
Happy Racing!,
Teddie Tapawan

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back