GT5 GT5 Time Trials Archive

Status
Not open for further replies.

TTPromo.jpg

The question of who the fastest drivers are in the GT5 community is soon to be answered! There's no opposition and no excuses here. It's just you and your machine versus the track.

The time trials will be open to all RaceDepartment members, both licensed and unlicensed. The only requirement to take part is that you own a copy of GT5 and abide by the specific restrictions imposed by the TT. Events will run on a variety of tracks but will make use of GT5's borrow feature to ensure that everyone uses the exact same car with the exact same upgrades. The cars will be supplied by yours truly.

The prize given to the winner will vary but may include items such as cars, helmets, suits and paints, or the choice of car/track for a Club racing event. And of course, you'll win the respect of your fellow drivers. :)

Above you can see a little hint of the car and track that will be used for the first TT event. Stay tuned!

Ok. Also, can other people, such as myself, submit custom tracks for later TT Events ?

Sure, if you think you have a good track for a TT you can let me know. Please bear in mind though that we will be mainly running stock tracks so it may be a while before it gets used. Custom tracks will mainly be used for spicing things up a bit now and again, and for special occasions.

There is now less than 24 hours to go in this TT, so get your final times posted sharpish! The event will officially close at 12 noon tomorrow.

After that time the winner and random bonus prize recipient will be contacted via PM with details on how to provide their replays for verification. Note that you must respond within one week of receiving the message! All being well the winners will be announced here, including a video of the winning lap.

Then it's time for TT 2. :)

I'm in awe at the people doing 6 secs quicker.

You and me both. I know I can do better than my 1:10, but nowhere near that much better! Maybe a 1:08 or so. I'll have to take the car offline at quiet periods during the next TT and have a proper go myself. Just for fun of course... it would be a bit weird awarding a prize to myself if I won. :wink:

TT Closed

The first GT5 Time Trial is now closed. Thank you to everyone that took part. The provisional results are as follows:

1st place goes to tHenOrthfACe with a staggering time of 1.05.784!

The randomly selected winner of the bonus prize is Hyman Logan!

Well done guys! Please check your PMs for details on sending me your replays. The prizes will be sent after verification.

To everyone else, fear not! The next GT5 TT will be coming very soon. :)

TT%2525202%252520-%252520Photo.jpg

Car: Alfa Romeo Giulia TZ2 '65
Track: Côte d'Azur
Tyres: Racing Hard
Tuning: Yes

Driving Aids: All Off / ABS 1 maximum
Tyre/Fuel Depletion: Off
Grip Reduction: Real
Mechanical Damage: Off

Availability: 15th November 2011 - 6th December 2011

1st Prize

While the TT uses a classic Alfa Romeo, the prize for winning is a current one! On offer this time is a brand new Alfa Romeo 9C Competizione. It has a complete aero package, every upgrade part and a full set of tyres.

TT%2525202%252520-%252520Prize.jpg

Bonus Prize

As a 'thank you' for taking part in the event, there will be a bonus prize awarded to one of the top ten drivers between 2nd and 10th. The driver will be picked by a random number generator. So, even if you don't make 1st place there is still a chance to win a prize!

Separator.png

Rules
  • You must run the TT in Practice => A-Spec Free Run, available from the GT Life screen.
  • You must only use the car made available by the event organiser via GT5's borrow feature.
  • You must not swap any of the upgrade parts. The parts on the car when borrowed are the ones that must be used.
  • If tuning is allowed then you may tweak the settings of parts. If tuning is not allowed then they must be left as they are.
  • Two wheels must remain on the track at all times. Cutting corners or using run-offs will result in disqualification.
  • You must save a replay of your best lap for verification in case you win the event. No replay = No prizes.

How to Enter

The GT5 TTs are open to all RaceDepartment members, both licensed and unlicensed. The first thing you will need to do is add me to your friends list. My PSN ID is Goffik. When you send the request, please put 'RD GT5 TT' in the message so that I know who you are. You may need to do this for each TT regardless of whether you have taken part before, as I will be clearing my list after every event.

Once done and in GT5, click on 'Profile' and then click on my avatar. At the bottom of the screen below my B-Spec drivers, you will see the car required for the TT. Click on it and then click the 'borrow' button. You now have the car and are almost ready to go! What you do next depends on the track being used:

Regular Track: Click on 'Practice' and then 'A-Spec Free Run'. Selecting the required track will bring up the options menu (driving aids, etc), which must be set up according the the event restrictions detailed above. Click OK, wait for the track to load, and then burn some rubber!

Custom Track: Click on 'Profile' and then click on my avatar. On the menu to the left, click the 'Track List' button. You will now see the track required for the TT. Click on it and then click the 'Download' button. Once complete (it only takes a few seconds), return to the GTHome screen and select your own 'Track List' button. Set the track you just downloaded as a favourite. From here on you follow the same procedure as for Regular Tracks above, and the custom track will appear under the 'My Tracks' tab.

When you are done running laps, do not forget to click on the 'Save Best Lap Replay' button! This is very important as a replay will be required for verification should you win the event. It will also be used to make a video of the winning lap which will be posted here once the event closes.

Post your lap times in this thread and they will be added to the leader board below. You can make as many attempts and post as many times as you like, so if at first you don't succeed, try try try again! :wink:

Note: If the car is unavailable, please check back later. It simply means that I am running a few laps in it myself!

Separator.png

Leaderboard

1) Markus Hakamo - 1:44.827
2) tHenOrthfACe - 1:44.924
3) Dubravko Sparovec - 1:45.973
4) Bradley Vanian - 1:46:727
5) Gary Middleton - 1:50.442
6) Stuart Pocock - 1:51.254
7)
8)
9)
10)

Ross's Time: 1:48.970 (For reference only.)

Separator.png

The Winning Lap by Markus Hakamo

Additional Information

There are a few things you need to know since the last TT:

- The prize for 1st place will now always be a car, with extras thrown in on special occasions.

- The randomly awarded bonus prize is now a permanent feature.

- After every TT my friends list will be completely cleared of TT participants, so you will need to send a new request in order to take part. This is primarily to remove the 'passing traffic' and keep my list manageable.

- This particular TT will end two days earlier than normal due to me going on holiday on the 29th. TT 3 will be posted before I leave.

- This particular TT will last a week longer than normal due to me going on holiday on the 29th. It will end on 6th December.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back