GT5 GT5 Time Trials Archive

Status
Not open for further replies.

TTPromo.jpg

The question of who the fastest drivers are in the GT5 community is soon to be answered! There's no opposition and no excuses here. It's just you and your machine versus the track.

The time trials will be open to all RaceDepartment members, both licensed and unlicensed. The only requirement to take part is that you own a copy of GT5 and abide by the specific restrictions imposed by the TT. Events will run on a variety of tracks but will make use of GT5's borrow feature to ensure that everyone uses the exact same car with the exact same upgrades. The cars will be supplied by yours truly.

The prize given to the winner will vary but may include items such as cars, helmets, suits and paints, or the choice of car/track for a Club racing event. And of course, you'll win the respect of your fellow drivers. :)

Above you can see a little hint of the car and track that will be used for the first TT event. Stay tuned!

Congratulations Markus Hakamo, that time makes you the winner of TT 2! :)

Stuart Pocock has been randomly selected as the winner of the bonus prize! Yes, I know it has ended up being the 'slowest' driver again, but I promise the random number generator was used! (If it happens a third time, even I'll start getting suspicious!)

Please check your PM's for info about sending me your replays for confirmation. Your prizes will be sent as soon as that's done, and a video of the winning lap will be posted here.

TT 3 will be coming soon...

TT%2525203%252520-%252520Photo.jpg

Car: Ferrari 330 P4 Race Car '67
Track: Autodromo Nazionale Monza
Tyres: Racing Medium
Tuning: Yes

Driving Aids: All Off / ABS 1 maximum
Tyre/Fuel Depletion: Off
Grip Reduction: Real
Mechanical Damage: Off

Availability: 6th December 2011 - 20th December 2011

1st Prize

For the third instalment the prize is a brand new Ferrari F430 in an attractive metallic red named after the track on which the TT takes place! It has every available upgrade and a full set of tyres. No aero mods are available for this car but it really doesn't need them to be extremely fast!

TT%2525203%252520-%252520Prize.jpg

Bonus Prize

As a 'thank you' for taking part in the event, there will be a bonus prize awarded to one of the top ten drivers between 2nd and 10th. The driver will be picked by a random number generator. So, even if you don't make 1st place there is still a chance to win a prize!

Separator.png

Rules
  • You must run the TT in Practice => A-Spec Free Run, available from the GT Life screen.
  • You must only use the car made available by the event organiser via GT5's borrow feature.
  • You must not swap any of the upgrade parts. The parts on the car when borrowed are the ones that must be used.
  • If tuning is allowed then you may tweak the settings of parts. If tuning is not allowed then they must be left as they are.
  • Two wheels must remain on the track at all times. Cutting corners or using run-offs will result in disqualification.
  • You must save a replay of your best lap for verification in case you win the event. No replay = No prizes.

How to Enter

The GT5 TTs are open to all RaceDepartment members, both licensed and unlicensed. The first thing you will need to do is add me to your friends list. My PSN ID is Goffik. When you send the request, please put 'RD GT5 TT' in the message so that I know who you are. You may need to do this for each TT regardless of whether you have taken part before, as I will be clearing my list after every event.

Once done and in GT5, click on 'Profile' and then click on my avatar. At the bottom of the screen below my B-Spec drivers, you will see the car required for the TT. Click on it and then click the 'borrow' button. You now have the car and are almost ready to go! What you do next depends on the track being used:

Regular Track: Click on 'Practice' and then 'A-Spec Free Run'. Selecting the required track will bring up the options menu (driving aids, etc), which must be set up according the the event restrictions detailed above. Click OK, wait for the track to load, and then burn some rubber!

Custom Track: Click on 'Profile' and then click on my avatar. On the menu to the left, click the 'Track List' button. You will now see the track required for the TT. Click on it and then click the 'Download' button. Once complete (it only takes a few seconds), return to the GTHome screen and select your own 'Track List' button. Set the track you just downloaded as a favourite. From here on you follow the same procedure as for Regular Tracks above, and the custom track will appear under the 'My Tracks' tab.

When you are done running laps, do not forget to click on the 'Save Best Lap Replay' button! This is very important as a replay will be required for verification should you win the event. It will also be used to make a video of the winning lap which will be posted here once the event closes.

Post your lap times in this thread and they will be added to the leader board below. You can make as many attempts and post as many times as you like, so if at first you don't succeed, try try try again! :wink:

Note: If the car is unavailable, please check back later. It simply means that I am running a few laps in it myself!

Separator.png

Leaderboard

1) Matthijs Van Vendeloo - 1:43.403
2) Patrick Speleman - 1:43.872
3) Markus Hakamo - 1:43.925
4) Bradley Vanian - 1:43.962
5) Dubravko Sparovec - 1:44.637
6) Mike Campbell - 1:45.468
7) Karl Warburton - 1:45.701
8) Stuart Pocock - 1:47.012
9) Vitor M. A. da Cruz - 1:48.280
10) Gary Middleton - 1:49.832

Ross's Time: 1:45.635 (For reference only.)

Separator.png

The Winning Lap by Matthijs van Vendeloo

Additional Information

As before, you will need to send me a new friend request even if you have taken part in previous TTs. This is because I clear my list each time to remove 'passing traffic'.

Please remember that 'tuning' only means that you may tweak the settings of parts (eg, gear ratios if the car comes with a customisable transmission already fitted). You may not change the parts themselves or use any other tyres.

If we already own the car, do we have to borrow yours in particular? Or can we drive in our own as long as it hasn't been upgraded?

No, you have to borrow the car, that is adressed very clearly under rules section. It is to ensure that everyone uses excact same car. Note that e.g. Ross may have installed certain parts or made some setup adjustments (I don't know if that is the case but at least hypotehically)

No, you have to borrow the car, that is adressed very clearly under rules section. It is to ensure that everyone uses excact same car.

Exactly right. You MUST use the car I provide.

Marcus (with a 'c'), I suggest that you read the first post in full, as everything you need to know is clearly explained there. If you can't spare a few minutes to read it then you run a very high risk of being disqualified.

I think I'll give this a miss, as I don't think this first impression has done me any favors. :oops:

There's no need to be like that, Marcus. Suggesting that you read the post in full was for your own benefit, and was not any kind of indication on the kind of 'impression' you have given. You are not the first to ask a question that has already been answered, and you will undoubtedly not be the last.

Surely you can understand the importance of reading the rules before taking part in any organised event? Whether you win or not depends solely on your lap time, and not on the questions you asked beforehand.

Oh yeah, I understand, I was just worried that I'd given the impression that I was just going to be a burden on this event, so felt it'd be best if I backed out. :)

I may give this a go afterall, we'll see what happens over the weekend. :) Thanks

I don't understand... why aren't people posting their lap times?

I've have had multiple friend requests and I can see from the activity log that people are using the car. You don't have to instantly go into 1st place to post your time here. The whole idea is to compete with your fellow RD'ers, but it's not much of a competition if everyone keeps their times secret, is it? It defeats the whole object of the TT's existence.

So come on people, post your times, fast or slow, no-one cares! Otherwise, what's the point?

Thanks Stu and Ross :)

I think this win was 90 % hard work and dedication and 10% speed:) A funny detail in this TT was that my 14 months old daughter received Cars 1&2 movies from film club not too long ago. When I saw the promo picture I couln't help it but it was just like Lightning McQueen on Porto Corsa track:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 106 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 139 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 197 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 381 28.3%