GT5 GT5 Time Trials Archive

Status
Not open for further replies.

TTPromo.jpg

The question of who the fastest drivers are in the GT5 community is soon to be answered! There's no opposition and no excuses here. It's just you and your machine versus the track.

The time trials will be open to all RaceDepartment members, both licensed and unlicensed. The only requirement to take part is that you own a copy of GT5 and abide by the specific restrictions imposed by the TT. Events will run on a variety of tracks but will make use of GT5's borrow feature to ensure that everyone uses the exact same car with the exact same upgrades. The cars will be supplied by yours truly.

The prize given to the winner will vary but may include items such as cars, helmets, suits and paints, or the choice of car/track for a Club racing event. And of course, you'll win the respect of your fellow drivers. :)

Above you can see a little hint of the car and track that will be used for the first TT event. Stay tuned!

Great idea, used to love the "Seriously not Serious club" time trials that we did here on the Race 07 forum a couple of years back - although it was serious enough that we kept a points tally, it was fun to try and beat those around you every week, no matter how fast (or slow in my case) you were!

J

RDTT%252520-%2525201.jpg

Car: RUF RGT '00
Track: Dasdana (Custom)
Tyres: Sports Soft
Tuning: No - Brake Balance Only

Driving Aids: All Off / ABS 1 maximum
Tyre/Fuel Depletion: Off
Grip Reduction: Real
Mechanical Damage: Off

Availability: 1st November 2011 - 15th November 2011

Prizes

To celebrate the first GT5 TT, the prize on offer is a brand new BMW M5 in a fetching metallic purple! It comes with full aero upgrades, every available upgrade part, and a complete set of tyres. This car is seriously fast.

BMW%252520M5%252520Prize.jpg

In addition to the car there will be a bonus prize awarded to one of the top ten drivers between 2nd and 10th. The driver will be picked by a random number generator. So, even if you don't make 1st place there is still a chance to win a prize!

Rules
  • You must run the TT in Practice => A-Spec Free Run, available from the GT Life screen.
  • You must only use the car made available by the event organiser via GT5's borrow feature.
  • You must not swap any of the upgrade parts. The parts on the car when borrowed are the ones that must be used.
  • If tuning is allowed then you may tweak the settings of parts. If tuning is not allowed then they must be left as they are.
  • Two wheels must remain on the track at all times. Cutting corners or using run-offs will result in disqualification.
  • You must save a replay of your best lap for verification in case you win the event. No replay = No prizes.

How to Enter

The GT5 TTs are open to all RaceDepartment members, both licensed and unlicensed. The first thing you will need to do is add me to your friends list. My PSN ID is Goffik. When you send the request, please put 'RD GT5 TT' in the message so that I know who you are.

Once done and in GT5, click on 'Profile' and then click on my avatar. At the bottom of the screen below my B-Spec drivers, you will see the car required for the TT. Click on it and then click the 'borrow' button. You now have the car and are almost ready to go! What you do next depends on the track being used:

Regular Track: Click on 'Practice' and then 'A-Spec Free Run'. Selecting the required track will bring up the options menu (driving aids, etc), which must be set up according the the event restrictions detailed above. Click OK, wait for the track to load, and then burn some rubber!

Custom Track: Click on 'Profile' and then click on my avatar. On the menu to the left, click the 'Track List' button. You will now see the track required for the TT. Click on it and then click the 'Download' button. Once complete (it only takes a few seconds), return to the GTHome screen and select your own 'Track List' button. Set the track you just downloaded as a favourite. From here on you follow the same procedure as for Regular Tracks above, and the custom track will appear under the 'My Tracks' tab.

When you are done running laps, do not forget to click on the 'Save Best Lap Replay' button! This is very important as a replay will be required for verification should you win the event. It will also be used to make a video of the winning lap which will be posted here once the event closes.

Post your lap times in this thread and they will be added to the leader board below. You can make as many attempts and post as many times as you like, so if at first you don't succeed, try try try again! :wink:

Note: If the car is unavailable, please check back later. It simply means that I am running a few laps in it myself!

Leaderboard

1) tHenOrthfACe - 1.05.784
2) Ludovic Cogotti - 1:06.299
3) Jake Holford - 1:06.925
4) Dubravko Sparovec - 1:08.206
5) Scott Søvik - 1:08.252
6) Bradley Vanian - 1:08.675
7) Luke McVicar - 1:08.897
8) Dimitrios Tsiakalos - 1:09.032
9) Gary Middleton - 1:12.747
10) Hyman Logan - 1:15.533

Ross's Time: 1:10.015 (For reference only.)

The Winning Lap

How about 2 classes? wheel users and pad users?

I'd rather not split the community, nor can I offer two sets of prizes each time. Also, what would prevent a wheel user from posting their time under the pad section, or vice-versa? Besides, in addition to the GT Academy our own club events are proof that pad users can be just as fast as wheel users. It's about practising with the equipment you have, not the equipment itself.

The first TT event is now underway!

There was a guy who got into the finals for GT Academy, was running top 10 with a DS3, i think he set his final time with a wheel but would have made it through to Silverstone on his gamepad time. So for sure, gamepad users can compete with the wheel users.

Can you remember his name? I know the guy you mean but didn't really follow the Academy after the public event closed. It would be nice to see if there are any replays of his laps available, to show us how fast pad users can be!

One more thing that I should have mentioned in the OP is that I am not actually taking part in this TT myself. My time is posted simply for fun and will not be counted when it comes to deciding the winner. In other words, you can win the TT regardless of whether your time is faster or slower than mine. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 333 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 224 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 169 7.8%