Paul Jeffrey

Premium
GT Sport Released 2.jpg

Polyphony Digital have released highly anticipated Gran Turismo Sport on PlayStation 4, debuting a new direction for the long running racing franchise.

With the new title Gran Turismo and Polyphony Digital have moved away from the traditional car collection and customisation formula that has worked so well for the series in the past, focusing the main gameplay experience on a detailed online 'esport' experiment designed to take players away from campaign style driving and into the world of competitive online competition. Supported and endorsed by the world governing body of motorsport, the FIA.

Available in an array of different bundle choices, players of the Sony PlayStation 4 today have their first opportunity to try out the full Gran Turismo Sport game following a long and often delayed development programme by Polyphony Digital.

As with many modern games, the new release doesn't come cheap for those wanting to get their hands of the title from day one, with prices ranging from £49.99 into well into the hundreds of pounds. You can check up on the different versions of the title at the Gran Turismo site HERE.

Already released in a limited access beta over the past few weeks, European regions now have access to the full title and can take on the array of vehicles so lovingly crafted by the Japanese gaming giants.

If you missed our earlier car reveal article, check it out HERE.
Wanting to know what tracks come with GT Sport? Fear not, we covered it earlier HERE.

To mark the release of GT Sport in Europe Polyphony have released a new trailer, which can be viewed below:

GT Sport is available for PlayStation 4 right now.

GT Sport Released.jpg
GT Sport Released 3.jpg
GT Sport Released 4.jpg

You can find the latest news and discussion regarding the Gran Turismo series of games at the Gran Turismo sub forum here at RaceDepartment. Join in the discussion with your fellow GT fans today!

What do you think of the game? Impressed or left cold? Happy with the latest GT franchise direction? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
so far enjoying it !

visually it's outstanding, eventhough it's all pre-baked, which is a shame, would love to see dynamic time of day & weather, but oh well, maybe in GT7

once there is more tracks and cars and if their MP system works out, this could be very good racing game on PS4

so far not a huge fan of people ruining my races by pushing me off the road :( really hoping that as their safety rating inevitably drops , I won't be in same pool with them

So far playing solid with the DS4 (only use wheel/pedals on PC) without having to tweak any settings. Handling seems OK and the majority of cars I've driven so far all feel different. sounds are good too.

Graphically it is superb. New livery editor is a welcome addition. The dynamic cut scenes when browsing cars are outrageously good.

For lovers of car photography the Scapes mode is sublime.

It's a slightly different approach to GT's of days gone by, but so far I'm having fun.

Beautiful game for sure. I like most everything about it. It's light on car content, but there's plenty of tracks in typical GT fashion. I don't have a PS4 compatible wheel so I'm using the DS controller and it's atrocious. I see that they have it listed as a game bug that they will fix later but the steering linearity is all messed up with the DS controller. I bet the game is great with a wheel though. No real campaign to speak of other than a bunch of challenges. The game was clearly designed to be an online only game.

Last edited:
I would love to play it but buying a ps4 just to play gts is a bit to much.
I wish they would release it for pc.
Perhaps you could use PS NOW service on your PC in order to test it.
I just checked and it is not available for the moment.
There is nothing extraordinary in this game IMO (ffb is very basic).

Last edited:
Perhaps you could use PS NOW service on your PC in order to test it.
I just checked and it is not available for the moment.
There is nothing extraordinary in this game IMO (ffb is very basic).
well that's not really true, overall package is very good,
of course if you are ONLY after most realistic physics, then maybe not, but so many things are so much better then most of the "sims"

I'd recommend watching this one , but yeah if you need to buy new system it could be difficutl to decide
I did upgrade to PS4Pro from my PS4 for it though, and no regrets

well that's not really true, overall package is very good,
of course if you are ONLY after most realistic physics, then maybe not, but so many things are so much better then most of the "sims"
Well that's not true for you.
On french forums most of people have been disapointed.
What "sims" are you talking about?

Personaly i would not recommend to buy a PS4 only for this game. Graphics are not bad, but i'm still more impressed by DriveClub graphics and as i said the ffb is basic. Most of tracks are coming from the imagination of Yamauchi (or his designers) and i find them boring.
So...it depends on what you are looking for. If you are looking for cinematic and photo show it's for you.
Even the history section is full of approximations.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.