Paul Jeffrey

Premium
GT Sport Released 2.jpg

Polyphony Digital have released highly anticipated Gran Turismo Sport on PlayStation 4, debuting a new direction for the long running racing franchise.

With the new title Gran Turismo and Polyphony Digital have moved away from the traditional car collection and customisation formula that has worked so well for the series in the past, focusing the main gameplay experience on a detailed online 'esport' experiment designed to take players away from campaign style driving and into the world of competitive online competition. Supported and endorsed by the world governing body of motorsport, the FIA.

Available in an array of different bundle choices, players of the Sony PlayStation 4 today have their first opportunity to try out the full Gran Turismo Sport game following a long and often delayed development programme by Polyphony Digital.

As with many modern games, the new release doesn't come cheap for those wanting to get their hands of the title from day one, with prices ranging from £49.99 into well into the hundreds of pounds. You can check up on the different versions of the title at the Gran Turismo site HERE.

Already released in a limited access beta over the past few weeks, European regions now have access to the full title and can take on the array of vehicles so lovingly crafted by the Japanese gaming giants.

If you missed our earlier car reveal article, check it out HERE.
Wanting to know what tracks come with GT Sport? Fear not, we covered it earlier HERE.

To mark the release of GT Sport in Europe Polyphony have released a new trailer, which can be viewed below:

GT Sport is available for PlayStation 4 right now.

GT Sport Released.jpg
GT Sport Released 3.jpg
GT Sport Released 4.jpg

You can find the latest news and discussion regarding the Gran Turismo series of games at the Gran Turismo sub forum here at RaceDepartment. Join in the discussion with your fellow GT fans today!

What do you think of the game? Impressed or left cold? Happy with the latest GT franchise direction? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Mate every time I read one of your posts I'm reinvigorated by your love of sim racing and the RD community.. :O_o::whistling:
A lot of your comments just seem to throw :poop: on the members of RD for being sim racing enthusiasts..
To paraphrase... "yeah, let's join a sim racing community and then cristicise the members for spending their money on sim racing, makes sense." :rolleyes:
Instead of only paying attention to my negative comments, consider them all or just block my posts. Problem solved.

in Gran Turismo Sport, FIA cooperation and prospect to organize worldwide racing competition in e-sports means much for me in this boring world of mindless laptime grinders with bilion of tracks and cars inside. But firs, GTS must growing up strong because it still have little online issues. The same as have R3E during his lifetime. I my opinion, adhesion into online connection will create much troubles. But anyway, first days are impressive. The online racing gives me most fun. GTS looking great and presents approach to the car sim game unprecedented anywhere.

Last edited:
well that's not really true, overall package is very good,
of course if you are ONLY after most realistic physics, then maybe not, but so many things are so much better then most of the "sims"

I'd recommend watching this one , but yeah if you need to buy new system it could be difficutl to decide
I did upgrade to PS4Pro from my PS4 for it though, and no regrets

My god..., are you drunk Patrick ?
The AI is nowhere, just ...a train.
Physics are..a joke, surely a joke.(must be a joke)
let talks about tracks, and finally no, we won't talk about "these" tracks.:sleep:
at least they succeed in their attempt to make a good photo mode!
60 bucks for good photos!:confused:
you said "of course if you are ONLY after most realistic physics, then maybe not"
The solo content is inexistant, so the WHOLE game is only about hotlaping or multiplayer (the AI is so dumb that you can forget solo race) and you said "of course if you are ONLY after most realistic physics, then maybe not"...but...if you're not interested in good/realistic physics , what are you interested in ? (in GTS i mean )
there is nothing else to do...

When you play Automobilista and switch to Gran tourismo sport, you vomite instantly all the content of your stomach.(no fake and tested )
you will say that the comparaison is not good, because those 2 games are completly different and you're ri.. wrong.
Do not put "Sport " or "Motorsport" (hi Forza) in the title of your game if you do not want to be compare with Reiza or Kunos these days

Polyphony Digital miss the mark by a mile, and i am still wondering what the mark was! (even regardless the support used)
i still do not understand what they tried to do.
what a fail.

Last edited:
Hello game experts! What do you mean physics called realistic? Realistic. To what real physic do you compare your opinion? Did you experts, have some experience in... for example Ferrari 488 GT3, some others race or hipercars? Realistic mean to you - hard to drive, in effect of dominance of oversteer, understeer or both? Hardnto brake on race or road or performance tires? Realistic physics... Bull s...t.

Hello game experts! What do you mean physics called realistic? Realistic. To what real physic do you compare your opinion? Did you experts, have some experience in... for example Ferrari 488 GT3, some others race or hipercars? Realistic mean to you - hard to drive, in effect of dominance of oversteer, understeer or both? Hardnto brake on race or road or performance tires? Realistic physics... Bull s...t.
Not an expert, no experience with race cars but I saw this post and would like to answer :)
For me it's actually about the opposite. I find a lot of games/Sims way too hard!
Did a driver training last year with my old c-class and pushing it to the limit on a test Parcours is nothing hard, nor slippery. It's only on normal to good road tires, 195/65. The amount of grip was quite high and yes, it's setup to understeer like all consumer road cars but it was fun, grippy and totally easy!

Also I have some experience with indoor karts. Same thing there.

Then you watch the vln series on the Nordschleife and as long as you don't push a racecar over it's limit it looks totally easy there too. No sliding, no oversteer, no sudden loss of grip.

I don't have a ps4 so this is a general comment. Not about GTS.

But that's why I like AC and AMS the most at the moment. When you drive quite slowly (like you would dare to in real life), you can cruise with a hit if tire squealing here and there but you don't spin out without knowing what happened.
If you spin out in these 2 games you know what was the cause.
It's not like it would feel unrealistically for me.
If I compare it to pcars 1 it's like ac and AMS have endless grip but when you lose the car, you're gone. Pcars 1 feels more like drifting all the time.

So I won't dare to say that one is unrealistic and one is not. But from what I can guess, have felt and seen in my life, AMS and AC nail that pretty much.
PCars 2 actually comes very close! Not that trustworthy for me yet, but definitely enjoyable!

Not an expert, no experience with race cars but I saw this post and would like to answer :)
For me it's actually about the opposite. I find a lot of games/Sims way too hard!
Did a driver training last year with my old c-class and pushing it to the limit on a test Parcours is nothing hard, nor slippery. It's only on normal to good road tires, 195/65. The amount of grip was quite high and yes, it's setup to understeer like all consumer road cars but it was fun, grippy and totally easy!

Also I have some experience with indoor karts. Same thing there.

Then you watch the vln series on the Nordschleife and as long as you don't push a racecar over it's limit it looks totally easy there too. No sliding, no oversteer, no sudden loss of grip.

I don't have a ps4 so this is a general comment. Not about GTS.

But that's why I like AC and AMS the most at the moment. When you drive quite slowly (like you would dare to in real life), you can cruise with a hit if tire squealing here and there but you don't spin out without knowing what happened.
If you spin out in these 2 games you know what was the cause.
It's not like it would feel unrealistically for me.
If I compare it to pcars 1 it's like ac and AMS have endless grip but when you lose the car, you're gone. Pcars 1 feels more like drifting all the time.

So I won't dare to say that one is unrealistic and one is not. But from what I can guess, have felt and seen in my life, AMS and AC nail that pretty much.
PCars 2 actually comes very close! Not that trustworthy for me yet, but definitely enjoyable!
I agree that many sims come across as more difficult to drive than the real thing, and this point of view has been supported by real life racing drivers who test racing sims, they comment on how hard it is.
Now part of the reason why it is hard might come from not having the sensation of sitting in a vehicle travelling at 200+km/h towards a brick wall, so you instinctively just dare to brake later and push harder, probably too hard.

Jesus Christ.

Why does almost every thread on every forum turn into a childish "this is a sim, O no it isn't, O yes it is" debate?

Someone says "I love this game and I'm really glad I bought it"....and some other fking idiot just HAS to reply with "It's a load of crap you're an arsehole for liking that game".

Almost predictably someone else with a small dick complex will post that back in 1974 they were at a track with their uncle and almost got to touch a race car and therefore are unquestionably qualified to debate the rights and wrongs of physics engines, newtons laws and string theory. When this fails to impress they will quote age, or income, or post a pretend picture of their "real life car"....all in a bid to get some kid to agree that they do indeed have a superior appreciation of "what constitutes a sim".

At the end of the day we're all sitting at home with toy steering wheels (no matter how much money you paid for it) playing video games and getting a SUBJECTIVE experience...nothing more and nothing less.

Those are Scapes. Only the car is an in-game model. The background is a picture taken in real life with photometric lighting data they then use on any car model put into the pic.
This much is true, but it's still a very powerful feature that we've not seen done better in any game before.
Is it essential? No.
But it's cool and while I won't spend hours in there I do find myself wanting to grab a few cool shots after having spent hours on making a cool livery.
On that, they livery editor, that thing is pretty rad, I want that for all my racing games now! :D

Has anyone tried the new Thrustmaster wheel yet with GTS????, I think the FFB with my T300 is really enjoyable but would be interested to hear peoples opinions.
I tried it in a demo booth at the mall. 8 laps around the Horse Thief Mile in a Mustang. Can't say I was impressed or otherwise because the overall FFB was terrible IMO. I imagine it's a stronger feeling T300 when it's working well.

Jesus Christ.

Why does almost every thread on every forum turn into a childish "this is a sim, O no it isn't, O yes it is" debate?

Someone says "I love this game and I'm really glad I bought it"....and some other fking idiot just HAS to reply with "It's a load of crap you're an arsehole for liking that game".

Almost predictably someone else with a small dick complex will post that back in 1974 they were at a track with their uncle and almost got to touch a race car and therefore are unquestionably qualified to debate the rights and wrongs of physics engines, newtons laws and string theory. When this fails to impress they will quote age, or income, or post a pretend picture of their "real life car"....all in a bid to get some kid to agree that they do indeed have a superior appreciation of "what constitutes a sim".

At the end of the day we're all sitting at home with toy steering wheels (no matter how much money you paid for it) playing video games and getting a SUBJECTIVE experience...nothing more and nothing less.
First of all, can we let Jesus Christ out of this ?
so... you are "that "man, the one with we can't debate, the one who said that we denied others players experiences, and found that innapropriate.
so he decided to denied our right to debate and to find a software not good enough.
i still can't choose if this is paradoxal or schyzophrenic.

by the way what a sim is supposed to be, is NOT subjective at all.
and Gran tourismo , as Forza are NOT simracing games.

Say to Kunos that all the work they've done for the Porsche DLC's, the historic cars they drove for real (i mean IN REAL LIFE) tell them that all the data for tyres they have etc..., all these data from cars the Manufacturers give to them etc.. are all subjective things.
tell them man, "this is all subjective things"!
I'm waiting here the reponse from Stefano,should be funny.
Tell to Reiza studios that the wonderful job they've done is all subjective , and not knowledge dependant.
only luck i guess...

There is nothing subjective when you tried to recreate/simulate reality from real data, real physics
Nothing.
Real physics in REAL life are NOT subjective as far as i know (correct me if i'm wrong...)
Only few variable here: how good you are to simulate reality, how good the tools you use are, how good the data you use to do it are.
Nothing more nothing less.

post scriptum:why do you think Ferrari or Redbull are ok to spend thousand hours in their so expensive simulator if ALL is subjective ?
And if all is subjective, i say Mario Kart 8 has more real physics than Gran tourismo Sport
Can you denied that ?
i'm ready to debate with subjective arguments :D

Last edited:
I agree with your post Monstro. There's no reason for name calling and cursing to get your point across. There will always be different opinions, but learning how to debate intelligently shows character or the lack thereof. No reason to turn this good forum into a YouTube comment section.:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back