GSC2013 v1.10 Bug Report thread

Hi Reiza,
I don't know if you are aware, or if you even intend this feature to be used but I thought I should report it.

I tried editing the plr file, in particular the 'number of race sessions'.
I changed it to 3, and it worked very well:
race 1 starts according to qualifying positions, then race 2 is a reversal of race 1's results, the race 2 is a final between the top 6 cars. OK so far.
Everything works fine if I run them one after the other in the same game session,
but if I try to quit the game after race 1, the game freezes. I have to Ctrl Alt Del to close it down.
Not sure if anything can be done, but it was a good way of running endurance distances totalling 3 to 5 hrs, so it's a shame its not possible to quit between the sessions.

Switch off Antivirus, Microsoft Security Essentials, FRAPS or other background programs.
Run installer as administrator.
Choose a path other than program files. Something like C:\GSC2013 is best

I cannot install the game, I get:

(path)\GSC.exe
an error has occurred while trying to replace the existing file: DeleteFile failed; code 5
Accesss is denied

I have tried different drives for installation as well as launching the installer as administrator, same mistake all the time.

That does sound like a security interference, either from some Windows setting, a firewall or antivirus program. Have you got any of that running in the background? What is your Windows version?

OK, I tried yet again, still got the error in rewriting GSC.exe, but ignored it and did not get more errors in other files (as I had with the previous installation).

At the end of the installation, I got several errors more, and the direct x installation complained about part being in use. However, after all of that, the game was installed (no icons in desktop though), and it runs.

I would suggest:
- Hard look into the installation procedure that is complaining for no reason (and it is the only thing I had trouble installing in this pc ever).
- Make available some checksums for the installation files, so it is possible to discard corrupt donwloads with other methods than just keep downloading gigabites just in case.

The game (unlike the installation) looks beautiful.

The D/server still will not allow me to run both on the same pc (D/sever and sim)
I have GSC2012 and FTrucks working ok D/server and sim. :(
i can start it up but when i try to join it it crashes and then will not close down properly.

The D/server still will not allow me to run both on the same pc (D/sever and sim)
I have GSC2012 and FTrucks working ok D/server and sim. :(
i can start it up but when i try to join it it crashes and then will not close down properly.

I have also the same problem.

When i start my dedicated server and i want to join from the same PC it gives problems.
I join with the option lan enabled and i get into game.

But when other guys join the ping is very high, around the 400+

What have i done to try fix the problem:

1. First i have make a ping test ( a ping of 4ms )
2. Then i make a dedicated map under userdata with his own player.plr and multiplayer.ini
3. I have used other ports in that folder.

Nothing helps.

Franklin, keep in mind that you always will have very low ping to your own machine (around 1ms), since you're local. Other players will connect with you over Internet, and they can be at great distances from you, so they'll always have a ping way higher than you.
Ping times (latency) are a direct product of distance, but can also be affected by saturated and/or bad links.

I got 3 issues with this game:
1. the game goes back to desktop every couple of minutes (sometime it take 5 minutes other times 2 minutes). I don't have this issue with any otehr game.
2. In game my G27 seems to have a 30% deadzone on the throttle paddle. The settings show 0% and all my other race games don't have that issue. Very annoying.
3. I tried the kart championship, great feel, although i qualify on pole I need start to start somewhere in the back of the field and with the start my controls are locked dead left which makes me crash into the tire wall untill the first kart goes over start finish the controls are released.

^^ No. 2 for me as well. The throttle in game is unresponsive until i have the throttle pedal pressed at almost 50%. This is certainly the case for stock cars and formulas. Will have to check with other cars.

Another 'bug' appears to be the side mirrors. The side mirrors viewed from inside the cockpit don't reflect what is behind me, but appear to be pointing more outwards and thus most of the time reflect the sides of the track and are useless like this.

No other workarounds ? I seem to prefer driving with a closer fov. I guess i'll just have to get used to it. I do think the side mirrors shouldn't be rendered completely useless if one just happens to prefer a closer fov, though. If you attempt to simulate realistic mirror reflections, you should also add an option to adjust mirror's position/angle if it's codeable. Having only one is more a hinderence than it is realism. Just my opinion. Cheers.:thumbsup:

I don't know what is causing your throttle problem, but my G27 throttle works perfectly in this game. Do you use the Logitech profiler software? It's not the greatest piece of software but it does seem to set the wheel up better than the default windows option.

No other workarounds ? I seem to prefer driving with a closer fov. I guess i'll just have to get used to it. I do think the side mirrors shouldn't be rendered completely useless if one just happens to prefer a closer fov, though. If you attempt to simulate realistic mirror reflections, you should also add an option to adjust mirror's position/angle if it's codeable. Having only one is more a hinderence than it is realism. Just my opinion. Cheers.:thumbsup:

Did you try what I suggested?

Tried it. Still the same issue. Parked the car on Cordoba straight in a race. All i can see in the side mirrors is grass left and right of the track. I see nothing of what's behind me on the track. Only the cockpit mirror is usable and changing the mirror angles didn't improve visibility on that one either.

link to screenshot

@Keith:

I'm using an old Sidewinder wheel. :)

Last edited:
Unfortunately I must agree. I haven't tested all cars, and I know racing car mirrors are not very good in real life but many of these seem to be pointing in completely the wrong direction. Almost as if some wrong numbers have been entered somewhere. It's be great if this could be looked at, I really like to use only my mirrors and no cheating with the look back option, but as it is I am force to use look back :)

EDIT:
if anyone at Reiza is able to tell me which numbers in which file affect the direction they are pointing, I would happily spend some trial and error adjusting them.

Did you try what I suggested?

I came here today with the same issue. I did the shift +seat movement keys and it did change to a certain degree, but still not getting the angle I would hope for. I feel like I can't see the side of my car very well. I don't mean that as "I want to be able to see more clearly than I would in reality", but more of a "I should realistically be able to see better than this". The mirror angle doesn't seem to be changing, just kind of zooming in and out.

I played with it for quite a while last night and just couldn't get it right. I find myself cycling views really fast so I can see where a car is, which is disastrous. :) Maybe I will play with it more tonight.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back