GSC2013 v1.10 Bug Report thread

Hi Reiza,
I don't know if you are aware, or if you even intend this feature to be used but I thought I should report it.

I tried editing the plr file, in particular the 'number of race sessions'.
I changed it to 3, and it worked very well:
race 1 starts according to qualifying positions, then race 2 is a reversal of race 1's results, the race 2 is a final between the top 6 cars. OK so far.
Everything works fine if I run them one after the other in the same game session,
but if I try to quit the game after race 1, the game freezes. I have to Ctrl Alt Del to close it down.
Not sure if anything can be done, but it was a good way of running endurance distances totalling 3 to 5 hrs, so it's a shame its not possible to quit between the sessions.

Spoody, I had problems passing the first main game screen (asking for a player name) when I installed into C:\Program Files\GSC2013. It was suggested I install into C:\GSC2013 (the default) and it worked. this happened on two separate PC's so something strange happens if you install into anything other than the default.

Try it at least.

Spoody, I had problems passing the first main game screen (asking for a player name) when I installed into C:\Program Files\GSC2013. It was suggested I install into C:\GSC2013 (the default) and it worked. this happened on two separate PC's so something strange happens if you install into anything other than the default.

Try it at least.

OK, I'll try this immediately and will come back with the results. Thanks

Go into your main GSC folder and open GSC Config (right click on it and choose run as administrator). Set up these settings the way you want and then click ok.
AFTER doing this, try opening the game with GSC.exe (again right click and choose run as admin) in the main folder, it will hopefully work this time.

When you first run the game for the very first time it first diverts into the config, and is then supposed to continue into the game. I have always had an error message at that point, so it is good to try the method above instead to avoid any problem, and it always worked for me, hope it helps you.

After this, the normal shortcut should work ok.

Go into your main GSC folder and open GSC Config (right click on it and choose run as administrator). Set up these settings the way you want and then click ok.
AFTER doing this, try opening the game with GSC.exe (again right click and choose run as admin) in the main folder, it will hopefully work this time.

When you first run the game for the very first time it first diverts into the config, and is then supposed to continue into the game. I have always had an error message at that point, so it is good to try the method above instead to avoid any problem, and it always worked for me, hope it helps you.

After this, the normal shortcut should work ok.

I tried exactly what you said, but still cannot go passed the initial config window. I don't get an error message though. When I click OK, some seconds later the same window appears, but always with the smallest resolution although I asked for the highest.

ok,
well then the next thing I would try is :
put the GSC Synch files into your main GSC folder and run it. If there are any corrupt files it will download and replace them. That might fix it.

Well, finally , I was able to resolve the problem, and maybe it could help other players with the same problem.

My laptop has 2 graphic cards: 1 is integrated Intel 3000, the other is Nvidia Geforce T 550M. In the config window I was not able to choose: only the integrated Intel 3000 was present.
I had the same problem with rfactor 2, after installing the trackmap plugin.
So in GSC2013 I tried to uninstall the trackmap plugin (standard installed) by removing the 'Trackmap'-folder, the TrackMapPlugin.dll, and the d3d9.dll from the installation directory.
Now it is working fine! Strange kind of bug ~~~~

Sorry to have bothered you all.
Thanks anyway :)

Bug report - no points being issued in Opala championship.

Has anyone run an offline Opala championship yet?
I have only just tried them and there are no points awarded after the race.
These are great fun to race though!

I got the game tonight, already got a bit of a weird bug, unless it's a feature, which I doubt.

This is the same kart in all 3 images:
j7l4.jpg

j5oc.jpg

spcb.jpg

As you can see - while it's actually turquoise/blue, it transitions into dark blue, and then into black, with the angle, probably something to do with lighting and shadows.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Ok. In investigating my issue with strange fps drops in Formula Retro, using large grids... I have discovered that if i run retros and THEN something else, i get stutters and issues with those models as well. Restart and run anything other than retros, i can go full grid size, no issues... I tested this several times and the more you run the retros the worse it gets. And it gets worse more rapidly if you restart the race often and have large grid sizes.

My idea as a developer, is that this is a memory bug? It certainly seems that the retro models behave strange, and the more you run them the more corrupt your mem gets. I did a test for this too, looking at mem usage stats. First race retros on 25 grid, mem usage 2 gig, restart race, usage 2.6 gig, restart again, 3.4 gig and so on... Then i switched to stock cars, and suddenly i hade 40 fps instead of usual 90ish, and mem usage was still 3.4 gig.

Restarted the sim and did stocks straight away with a full grid, 33 AI, now fluid locked 60 fps and mem usage only 1.5 gig or so.

This is my ramblings for now :)

Love the sim however, just pointing out something i've noticed. Also this could maybe explain stutters i've heard of with retros on low ram systems.

Specs:

Win 8.1
NVidia GTX680 x2 (for GSC in single card config)
8 Gb. RAM 1600MHz.
I53570 @ 4.1GHz./4 cores

I got the game tonight, already got a bit of a weird bug, unless it's a feature, which I doubt.

This is the same kart in all 3 images:
j7l4.jpg

j5oc.jpg

spcb.jpg

As you can see - while it's actually turquoise/blue, it transitions into dark blue, and then into black, with the angle, probably something to do with lighting and shadows.

Has anyone else noticed this?

yes, with 2 skins of opala, I solved copying and past the dds from 1.0 version

Where can I get the skins for 1.0 if I've already installed 1.1, without doing a full reinstall?

hmmm, if you tell me what skin is, I could upload it and send the link with pm

EDIT
I found what skin is, it's bugged also in my pc, I'll upload it later and I'll send you PM

EDIT again
sorry, it is a new skin of 1.1 version, so no way

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back