Ginetta SuperCup 2017

Cars Ginetta SuperCup 2017 1.7

Login or Register an account to download this content
I'm talking about this Michelin windshield banner, I don't feel comfortable driving with them. i like clean windshield. Btw thanks for quick reply! I absolutely loved your Seat Leon mod.
VDtjwrPr.jpg

What the hell has that got to do with single monitors, and being comfortable? Banners are on windshields most of the time to stop as much of the sunlight getting in your eyes as possible (and occasionally just to show sponsor nonsense). They exist in reality, thus they are there in mods :)

Sadly, due to technical difficulties in game engines working with transparency, they aren't always as solid as they should be, but what's there is there. In racing mods, as in real racing, you only need to see the road, not the sky and the rest of the circuit.

Fair enough but i insist Shaun Clarke to create a version without that banner. I've been able to delete those banners with the help of 3dsim on all kunos cars and almost all mods but when i do the same with this car it throws a couple of errors thus my request. I know you people take realism seriously but what's the fun if someone can't drive it to its limit for having a petty issue like this? This banner bothers me, it's a psychological thing.

Insist... really??

What's the problem with driving to the limit with a banner? They have them in reality, since sunlight in the eyes leads to mistakes happening/bad crashes, etc. Even total amateurs will slap a ton of masking tape all over the top of the windscreen to hide the worst of the light getting in their eyes.

I find the same thing for what it's worth. Try and work through it... it's very much worth it. You learn to appreciate things more.... like cars with low seating where the solid part of the top of the wheel totally blocks the road, or in F1 mods where you simply don't see anything other than the side of the road due to the cockpit rim being in the way.

If you just want fun without reality getting in the way, there's always the F5 cam...... :p

Fair enough but i insist Shaun Clarke to create a version without that banner. I've been able to delete those banners with the help of 3dsim on all kunos cars and almost all mods but when i do the same with this car it throws a couple of errors thus my request. I know you people take realism seriously but what's the fun if someone can't drive it to its limit for having a petty issue like this? This banner bothers me, it's a psychological thing.
I would be careful with writing new KN5 or fbx files with the 3simedit app. It will not work properly and add alot of issues here and there.
Also it will write a KN5 with different since in comparsion to the original once. Online play should be impossible in this way.
Shaun nad the team tried to provide a most realistic mod as possible. And the windscreen banner is a part of it ;)

Greets After_Midnight

Ok, so I've tinkered with the cam settings and managed to find a good driving position. I noticed that the car loses traction easily under full throttle with traction control enabled, The result is even more pronounced with TC disabled but that's understandable.

@Cracker_Z If you don't like the Banner, then download the templates, create your own skin, and remove the banner from your skin.

All the details on how and what do to is here, there is no need to play with the cams, kn5 files anything else.
http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/ginetta-2017-templates.17517/

As @After_Midnight said there is NO TCS or ABS, if you leave the car with factory settings. You can turn it on, like you have, but I have empty settings file so it will make no difference what so ever.

What you are feeling is placebo effect.

@Cracker_Z If you don't like the Banner, then download the templates, create your own skin, and remove the banner from your skin.

All the details on how and what do to is here, there is no need to play with the cams, kn5 files anything else.
http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/ginetta-2017-templates.17517/

As @After_Midnight said there is NO TCS or ABS, if you leave the car with factory settings. You can turn it on, like you have, but I have empty settings file so it will make no difference what so ever.

What you are feeling is placebo effect.

It doesn't work, I'm fairly confident that it won't work unless it's erased from the .kn5 file itself because I tried placing an empty folder inside the skins folder, you can clearly see the default model with number 34 written on the windshield and "CLARKE" on the rear, the "MICHELIN" banner is evident. Of course, you can overlay your skins on the model with this method but I want to REMOVE it!

It doesn't work, I'm fairly confident that it won't work unless it's erased from the .kn5 file itself because I tried placing an empty folder inside the skins folder, you can clearly see the default model with number 34 written on the windshield and "CLARKE" on the rear, the "MICHELIN" banner is evident. Of course, you can overlay your skins on the model with this method but I want to REMOVE it!
Leave it with me

Ofc will it work like with all other cars. There is no need for cracking and modifying the KN5 files. To be honest also your reason for that is just stupid :cautious:
Whatever here are files for you made by me:
-the windscreen banner is close to invisble from the inside
-the windscreen number is gone
-the name on the rear window is gone

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ipp2vln5oimxo60/Cracker_Z.rar

Please don't expect more help from me in this case because I'll work in the opposite direction :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back