Ginetta SuperCup 2017

Cars Ginetta SuperCup 2017 1.7

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hey Buddy, Loving the car, so good

couple of little things, my ambient shadows were all screwed up, it may just be something my end, i fixed it but just thought i would mention

also i tried reducing the kspecular value on the steering wheel texture/material to 0.04. looks a little more natural to me, (sorry itS the vr, its makeing me picky in the cockpit);)

ps check your inbox in about 20 mins, got a nice little scottish hill track treat for you to early test with the ginetta

If you didn't use the suspension files, the car isn't going to be accurate to the specifications published by ginetta nor will the horrific front bumpsteer be fixed...
Because like you said, you cannot trust what Ginetta publish in public to actually what the car uses.

The published Gear ratios was a very very good example, for 1 :thumbsup:

I would like to express my thanks to @mclarenf1papa as well, but I didn't end up using all your files.
Because like you said, you cannot trust what Ginetta publish in public to actually what the car uses.

The published Gear ratios was a very very good example, for 1 :thumbsup:
Spring rates are quite a lot more straightforward than information about the gearbox (and these rates were in the owner's manual for the car..gearbox info could only be found in the regulations for the series, which is certainly not as good of a source)....also springs can be adjusted, so there's no real "wrong" value.

In any case, the suspension file you're using is identical to the one I sent you but for some changes to the default setup (incidentally, not to the springs) and +2kg to the rear unsprung corner mass, all of the aero files are the same as what I sent, the car.ini includes my changes, the setup.ini is the same as what I sent besides the dampers, and the tires are the same as what I sent with the addition of some of the new parameters for 1.15. So you used all of the files but made a few tweaks here and there.

@mclarenf1papa Like I said in a PM, I send your files to a Real Life Ginetta Driver and he said, they was to soft, to spongy, to much understeer so I took some of your "suggestions" like I said, "advice" and made some changes on the response from the driver himself and we got to a point that he said, yep.

So that is why I said you did the Tyres, which like I have told everybody, they are bloody amazing, totally out of this world, and the aero, it was close but needed a small change, but the other files I changed due to feed back from a IRL driver.

I had a base model, you came in with some suggestions, they was not perfect, but gave me something to think about, I asked the IRL driver, he gave me more suggestions which changed what you had suggested so for me, although I seriously appreciate what you "proposed" it was not correct and I really respected your advice?

And I did pay you for your help and advice as a thank you

@mclarenf1papa Like I said in a PM, I send your files to a Real Life Ginetta Driver and he said, they was to soft, to spongy, to much understeer so I took some of your "suggestions" like I said, "advice" and made some changes on the response from the driver himself and we got to a point that he said, yep.

So that is why I said you did the Tyres, which like I have told everybody, they are bloody amazing, totally out of this world, and the aero, it was close but needed a small change, but the other files I changed due to feed back from a IRL driver.

I had a base model, you came in with some suggestions, they was not perfect, but gave me something to think about, I asked the IRL driver, he gave me more suggestions which changed what you had suggested so for me, although I seriously appreciate what you "proposed" it was not correct and I really respected your advice?

And I did pay you for your help and advice as a thank you
I'm not trying to argue and I understand that you appreciated the help (once again, thank you for the unprompted payment and compliments).

I'm just saying that I have the files right in front of me, and for both the lhd and rhd variants, all 23 of the files I sent you are present in some capacity. The aerodynamics and tires are identical to what I sent (no changes at all besides adding new parameters in the tires) and the rest of them are largely the same - as I detailed in my other post (with the only big difference being the dampers). If the files currently being used are as-intended I don't think it's reasonable to reduce my involvement to an advisory role...

Last edited:
wait I'm not so good at English ... so please explain me it's a newer version of 8.2 or just separate another mod ?
also one more what does it means LHD and RHD ?

Last edited:
wait I'm not so good at English ... so please explain me it's a newer version of 8.2 or just separate another mod ?
also one more what does it means LHD and RHD ?

Left Hand Drive and Right Hand Drive, basically which side the steering wheel is.

For the first question, I think it's a completely separate mod. But someone else should confirm this.

Left Hand Drive and Right Hand Drive, basically which side the steering wheel is.

For first question, I think it's completely separate mod. But someone else should confirm this.
Thanks @Jebus you beat me to it, but yes it is a totally separate mod. That is why we named it different as some like the V8.2 and some will prefer this one.

Both this and the first one are fantastic! For me both show what it's actually like to drive a racing car with sticky tyres and useful aero, grips for days begs you to keep pushing it, driving racing cars on dry tracks was never ever like driving on an ice road with glass tyres.... Brilliant stuff like these ginettas aren't made to be hard to drive, they are designed to be user friendly and thank God some people understand this!!!

these ginettas aren't made to be hard to drive, they are designed to be user friendly

These are not actually easy to drive, trust me, I have stood next to a driver after 7 laps, and they have a proper work out, come out sweating you name it.

The first one I did, V8.2 it drove on rails and these cars after attending all the sessions I have with the team, they don't drive on rails at all.

I am glad you really enjoy the new version, but trust me, they are only driver friendly if you drive with respect :thumbsup:

These are not actually easy to drive, trust me, I have stood next to a driver after 7 laps, and they have a proper work out, come out sweating you name it.

The first one I did, V8.2 it drove on rails and these cars after attending all the sessions I have with the team, they don't drive on rails at all.

I am glad you really enjoy the new version, but trust me, they are only driver friendly if you drive with respect :thumbsup:

Well the new one drives on rails, very few if any high spec racing cars don't run like on rails unless you gave set them up wrong. I get what you mean, but I mean from a stand point of me having driven racing cars and track focused track day weapons in real life and not just a 13 year old sat in front of my PS4 on a pad..

To add clearly I can drive in real life I mean...
Oh don't get me wrong, I am not taking anything away from you, I am only going on my what current Ginetta drivers tell me as I haven't been driven in one, lack of passenger seat :roflmao: but they tell me, they are not easy :thumbsup: and the simplest bit of either full throttle or a tap, can send you spinning

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back