Ginetta SuperCup 2017

Cars Ginetta SuperCup 2017 1.7

Login or Register an account to download this content
OK can I just clear something up here. I have been asked, which made me giggle, how much you made from the Ginetta.....

Well it's not a case of how much I have made, lets just say how much I have spent.

This has cost "me" around £1,500. Yes no joke. This has been paying for people's time, as if you require quality, it comes at a cost. Some have dedicated it for free but this also includes my travel costs (petrol), hotels, days holiday from work to attend sessions, and no, we / I have never ever setup a donations page, and never will, it's not my style.

Like I said before, and I say it again, this is a community project, done by a set of dedicated community members for you all to enjoy.

What do we get out of it....your happy feedback and enjoyment knowing that we did a good job :thumbsup:

Hope that clears things up.

Shaun

PS - Don't get me wrong I am not looking for OMG or anything else, it was just presumed that I made some money out of this mod, and I just wanted to clarify that I didn't and me personally, just love the fact that a non super / hyper / British car is available to race for everybody :thumbsup:

Last edited:
OK can I just clear something up here. I have been asked, which made me giggle, how much you made from the Ginetta.....

Well it's not a case of how much I have made, lets just say how much I have spent.

This has cost "me" around £1,500. Yes no joke. This has been paying for people's time, as if you require quality, it comes at a cost. Some have dedicated it for free but this also includes my travel costs (petrol), hotels, days holiday from work to attend sessions, and no, we / I have never ever setup a donations page, and never will, it's not my style.

Like I said before, and I say it again, this is a community project, done by a set of dedicated community members for you all to enjoy.

What do we get out of it....your happy feedback and enjoyment knowing that we did a good job :thumbsup:

Hope that clears things up.

Shaun

PS - Don't get me wrong I am not looking for OMG or anything else, it was just presumed that I made some money out of this mod, and I just wanted to clarify that I didn't and me personally, just love the fact that a non super / hyper / British car is available to race for everybody :thumbsup:
My work is still for free...........

458 italia, has only brake and gas pedals, and if you press your real clutch pedal, nothing happens, makes sense. in your car, there are only brake and gas pedals, but the real clutch pedal still works.

Got confirmation. I have looked again at my photos and spoken to Team Hard and my foot was covering the clutch pedal (they are tiny) so it was my fault.

The car does have a fully working clutch and they use this to pull away, pitlane and start only.

We will model this in. So thankfully, the car is correct, we are just missing a pedal :D

Shaun

Hi Shaun
Take the occasion to make my compliments for the fanstastic work, lots of passion behind the project.;)

I would report a couple issues, minor thing, but easy to fix.
The brake disks overshine, they almost turn white in some conditions because the material settings, and the golden part of the disks generate weird light effects caused by the normal maps (the blur one), same for rims, bad light reflections in the central part.

Some examples of the problem.
Bwikjw.jpg

JtAXb7.jpg

As you can see the specular power is to strong.

So (hope you don't mind) I edited the brake disks material, the normal maps blur for disks and rims, and the rims blur diffuse one.

Here how it looks with the changes.
umbx0D.jpg

Xo0GdE.jpg

These are the material settings I've used.
KjZ1tJ.jpg

And here the files I edited.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/yjn6tnyf1470gd7/ginetta_texure_edited.rar?dl=0

Would be nice if you could give them a look, and feel free of use them, if you think is worth of course. :)

Thanks for your work.

Hi Shaun
Take the occasion to make my compliments for the fanstastic work, lots of passion behind the project.;)

I would report a couple issues, minor thing, but easy to fix.
The brake disks overshine, they almost turn white in some conditions because the material settings, and the golden part of the disks generate weird light effects caused by the normal maps (the blur one), same for rims, bad light reflections in the central part.

Some examples of the problem.
Bwikjw.jpg

JtAXb7.jpg

As you can see the specular power is to strong.

So (hope you don't mind) I edited the brake disks material, the normal maps blur for disks and rims, and the rims blur diffuse one.

Here how it looks with the changes.
umbx0D.jpg

Xo0GdE.jpg

These are the material settings I've used.
KjZ1tJ.jpg

And here the files I edited.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/yjn6tnyf1470gd7/ginetta_texure_edited.rar?dl=0

Would be nice if you could give them a look, and feel free of use them, if you think is worth of course. :)

Thanks for your work.

@Alman: Many thanks for your feedback and suggestions.
Can you tell me your PP settings and the specific conditions which provide the issues you've mentioned for trying to replicate it?
Also a question about the blurred rims. All blurred rims are affected? Also the colored?

Thanks for your help and greets
After_Midnight

@Alman: Many thanks for your feedback and suggestions.
Can you tell me your PP settings and the specific conditions which provide the issues you've mentioned for trying to replicate it?
Also a question about the blurred rims. All blurred rims are affected? Also the colored?

Thanks for your help and greets
After_Midnight

Hi
Sorry for delay, I had a loong day.:coffee:

I use gbW AE PP all default 2:00 PM in the morning it's even worst, as the sun is lower and more direct.
I tested mainly with sunny weathers, with cloudy weather is less evident.
With colored rims is also less evident, but still there.
Strong normal maps can generate static light reflections instead of "smoothly" reflect the light source, that rotate with the rim or brake disk can cause that problem.

Anyway I'm glad to help.;)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back