FSR 2013 Mod beta Feedback

I'm not 100% sure because I don't use both leo ffb and realfeel together (just realfeel), but at very very low speeds there is a different and simple tire model which overrides the normal one. Maybe that is the reason...

I'm not 100% sure because I don't use both leo ffb and realfeel together (just realfeel), but at very very low speeds there is a different and simple tire model which overrides the normal one. Maybe that is the reason...

The wheel starts turning left-right already in the pits without even touching the pedals and when I start moving its fine again. After completing warmup lap and stopping on the grid the wheel starts turning again.

i think ondrej meant if you hit anticut with only left or right tyres (in this case suspension work car dont jump, suspension may crasht). In morgan video car hits anticut with straight in the middle , so there works suspension also but main thing what makes car flying is bc this car hitted anitcut with car model( dont know how to say it in english :D )
In this video, only suspension crash, bc here he hitted anticut with tyres not with car model

My educated guess is that the "airphysics" mostly relates to the diffuser properties. Altering those would require fundamental changes to car properties that would affect the handling as well, so I don't think it's realistic to aim for at this point. In the Massa video above the suspension takes all the load as it breaks. If it would be stiff as in rFactor the car might well have lifted from the impact.

What I've seen in Melbourne, for example, is when you attack a bit the anti-cut in the very first corner the front wing is broken and it leaves the car by itself.

I know the anti-cut system is meant to go through corners legally, but that kind of things seem pretty strange to me in rFactor.

Yes, but it could happens if someone have a battle and some of them take T1 little bit more inside, might be prerequisite for massive crash. I have already 200 laps, but sometimes loose a concentration for a second and cut T1 with 1cm more inside from the ideal line and will get a damage from this :)

I've got another bunch of questions guys !
a) Some may like the sounds of RFT2012, it's not my case. I will therefore choose my car by ears, unless... Can you confirm it is illegal to change the sound of my car ?
b) Will this mod allow to see which tyres other drivers are on in a multiplayer event (& in broadcast) ?
c) The weight penalty for using TC will make the decision about which league I'm joining. How much of weight are we talking about here ? If someone manually switches on/off the TC in race, for example at the start & at the bottom end of stints, will the weight penalty come on & off accordingly ?

a) I think the FSR manager ( anti cheat tool ) looks all the files of the mod, and any modification is forbidden ( like the camera file of the car for example ) : the extreme case is a ban-life ( http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/penalties-handed-following-cheating.52030/ )

b) No. we can't see the tyres of other drivers.

c) I donno how much extra weight we have, but i know we loose 0.2/0.3s a lap using the TC
and only WT driver can use it, WS and WC drivers can't use the TC

That's great news, thanks David !
By whatever sound I want, you mean like... even from 2012 mod ? Because it was superbly done.
I agree, TC is for wimps. But by switching it on in the formation lap and off in the first lap, wimps would get a clear advantage off the line and I don't want to take a pill every time, unless a single activation comes with a small, but durable weight penalty. If it's not the case then just tell me and we will crawl into WS.
Merci Morgan aussi!

I agree, TC is for wimps. But by switching it on in the formation lap and off in the first lap, wimps would get a clear advantage off the line and I don't want to take a pill every time, unless a single activation comes with a small, but durable weight penalty. If it's not the case then just tell me and we will crawl into WS.
Merci Morgan aussi!

We use launch control, TC only hurts your starts so you shouldn't worry about it too much.

I think the weight penalty is 2% or 0.2%. It's added/removed from the car immediately when you toggle TC on/off. I know this becuase I did this a lot with ABS in 2008 :).

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back