rF2 FSONE 2009 @ Valencia (GP of Europe) - Sun July 4th 2010

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Hy Guys!

Some of you will know me from the GTRevo section but i’m completely new at rFactor. I try it now because of this mod and Erics idea of using it next FPWS season. So it can’t be bad :)!
Atm I’m not able to sign up this event but I thought it could be the right place to compare where I’d fit in with my lap times.

Until now I tried rf and this mod for about 4 hours and about 1,5 hours at this track. I reach a 1:38:7xx in free practice and don’t know if it’s good or not. Are grip values the same in all offline sessions?

I have huge problems to find a base setup and it would be great to get some basic tips here! No matter what I do, the car feels very slippery at low speeds and doesn’t want to turn in quick. The other problem is the huge over steer out of slow sections. Man I know how to accelerate well, but this one’s really tricky.

You don’t need to share your hard worked out mysteries, I just want to know if it’s me or some basic things in FSONE09 setups I still don’t know.

Thx in advance folks!

Q is like in RACE a little bit faster then Practice.
-The default ARB are abit to high so lower those.
- Wings for example i ran a 23/39 at Sepang this weekend. Default it 20/26 i thought, but thats low on the back and created indeed the oversteer.
- Important is also to play with your Third Spring Settings. I have it on 200 on the front and the back. So i can run as low as possible on the normal springs and Ride height without bottoming out.
- Remember in 2009 the Front Tyres got smaller you will get some more understeer then for example a 2007 car.

- Wings for example i ran a 23/39 at Sepang this weekend. Default it 20/26 i thought, but thats low on the back and created indeed the oversteer.
- Important is also to play with your Third Spring Settings. I have it on 200 on the front and the back. So i can run as low as possible on the normal springs and Ride height without bottoming out.
- Remember in 2009 the Front Tyres got smaller you will get some more understeer then for example a 2007 car.

And completely fall in love with this mod in the process. :)

Thank you Ivo! Will try it soon...

About controller:
After very much research i found my controller and ffb setting which gives me good feeling and feels close to GTR. The only thing i don't know is how to make the game increase the steering resistance at higher speeds. Of course at low speeds (hairpins) the steering wheel should give me a low resistance. But at high speeds (Eau Rouge) the resistance should be very high. I think this is a very real thing, because of the forces you can't turn the wheel as easy at high sppeds cpmpared to low speeds in real life. This is a very fine thing in GTR so you can't overdo in those quick corners. But i don't find the option in rf. You know what i mean? Can someone point me there?

At controller settings and Rates you can drop the Speed Sensitivity
Or maybe you can change the Steering Force at the Force Feedback section. I have it on the lowest. 33% i thought because i also like my wheel heavy.
Maybe that helps i am not sure. :)

Thanks for the tips Ivo, is that how much downforce you are running at Valencia ? I am struggling a bit here cant get out of the 1.41s, I should have kept my mouth shut about racing here :D no seriously we havent done much racing here before so its good to do it now, this track is certainly a challenge, the most corners of any F1 circuit currently on the calendar 23 I think.

Right it would have helped if I had applied the spring changes on both sides of the car and not just the left :D it feels much better more stable and I got straight into the 1.40s so just another 2 seconds to find now :D

Hy Guys!

Some of you will know me from the GTRevo section but i’m completely new at rFactor. I try it now because of this mod and Erics idea of using it next FPWS season. So it can’t be bad :)!
Atm I’m not able to sign up this event but I thought it could be the right place to compare where I’d fit in with my lap times.

Until now I tried rf and this mod for about 4 hours and about 1,5 hours at this track. I reach a 1:38:7xx in free practice and don’t know if it’s good or not. Are grip values the same in all offline sessions?

I have huge problems to find a base setup and it would be great to get some basic tips here! No matter what I do, the car feels very slippery at low speeds and doesn’t want to turn in quick. The other problem is the huge over steer out of slow sections. Man I know how to accelerate well, but this one’s really tricky.

You don’t need to share your hard worked out mysteries, I just want to know if it’s me or some basic things in FSONE09 setups I still don’t know.

Thx in advance folks!

No low speed grip seems to be a problem with this mod. Whatever set I use, I have no low speed grip at all. No feel either, FFB is poor.

No low speed grip seems to be a problem with this mod. Whatever set I use, I have no low speed grip at all. No feel either, FFB is poor.

FFB is actually VERY good with this mod if you set it right. I am a RACE 07 driver and drove laps upon laps with the Mak-Corp F1 on GTRE. FSONE's FFB and car feel are better IMO (and some others)...

I think some guys may have different ffb settings in their controller.ini, you might put the same ingame ffb settings but your controller.ini settings could be different, also controller settings in windows could be different.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back