rF2 FSONE 2009 @ Valencia (GP of Europe) - Sun July 4th 2010

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
This mod has massive potential.

Great event. Been practicing for a week for this race. Gotta say Ivo it was a great choice. Track is challenging.

Qualied 6th for race 1. Got a good start and stayed 6th for sometime. Few wings missing up ahead got me 4th behind Mattia. We had a fantastic fight. Could see Mattia was struggling in the few laps leading to the 20 minute mark. I was already feeling the tyres under me wearing out but being behind someone gives you the extra ommmphhh to keep going. Mattia spinned and I took 3rd. Great fight Mattia.

Race 2 I qualied 2nd. Well happy for that since the Chris's and the Bryan's were doing crazy times in Q1. Botched my start and was 7th I think by turn 1 lol. So close to take off Kevin's rear wing under braking. I hope I didnt mess anyones race there. Sorry if I did. Lost front wing and cruised to get it sorted in the pits. Finished 8th I think in race 2. It was tougher than R1 for sure. Thank you all for joining and making this event a great one.

Thank you Ivo and RD.

PS: I had guests today and I was having some BBQ with them. At the mark of 8:20pm I sneaked away and came to join the server. :)

a little Report of race 1 (race 2 i had a disco during formation lap when i was 3rd :( )

after the disco of Bryan i was first :D started well and kept my position, but Chris Heller was more fast on straight and so he pass me easily... after that i had cold tyres and brakes and so i did some stupid errors and that cause me to lose 2 position... now also Andreas and Chris Butcher were in front of me..... i was a bit more fast than Chris, but on that track with high down force was really hard try a pass and so when he spun i pass him, but now i had behind me Abdul!!! :D
yeah Abdul was a nice fight but i ruins all!!! :( i had also some problems with tyres but i think that i made that error because your pressure..... i never open the gas on that kerb, but yesterday i did it and so i spun :(... after that i pitted and change the front wing. when i exited from the pit lane i was 9th and i had 3 laps for try some overtake!!! was lucky and fast enough for doing 2 overtake and Chris Butcher spun in front of me and so i did 6th in the end!!! not a bad position but it could be really better, but accident happens and in every case the fun that i had was really enough for let me be happy also if i did some error and also if i had a disco in race 2!!!! :D

thank you all again, Ivo, RD, and all the staff-admins!! cu at the next race!!! i hope to be enough fast like on that track for give you a nice fight again!!! :D

Horrible evening for me, race one the Ferrari infront of me didn't get of the line and as i tried to avoid it, a Toyota behind me hit me. The car had wheel alignment issues after this. Really struggled before getting a tank slapper over the bridge and the Renault beside me helping me into the wall.

Race two was much better, was running quite happily in 6th? after the retirement up ahead untill a momental loss of concentration left me into the wall on the fast right right section. The car was in a reall bad shape, It had no wings and the steering actually had no effect. While I was at the end of my accident a Ferrari behind me had no where to go and hit me (really sorry for that, the car really would not steer or brake). All in all two horrible dnfs. Really do enjoy this mod though.

Thanks to Ivo for organising and to all who raced.

To be honest, yesterday it was a bit boring so i looked whats going on in the club events. I knew this massive mod and thought, why not - try it out. Jump in the server and did some laps together with Bryan and others. First i spun every seconnd corner (f u c k :wink:, TC was forbidden in 2009) and tried to find a way to control the power out of corners. Slowly my times go better and short before the event i touched the mid 37 (with less fuel of 10l).
In qualy 1 with full fuel it reached for P4 (not bad for Nakajima :rolleyes:), due Bryan disconect already P3 in formation lap. Main target wasn´to spin and see what happen. After Chris H. passed Mattia i was closely behind him and was several times short beside him but he stayed in front. After a braking too late from ham before the bridge i passed him, unfortunately we touched a bit but all wings and tyres stayed on the car :redface:. I couldn´t wait much more cause also Abul behind me was looking for a pass. After that i could make a gap and finish for me sensationel on P2.
Race 2 started from 6th and first corner was really traffic. I think i lost one place but get also one or two from another cars. So still 6th or 5th, not sure but in front of me was now Kevin which i could pass on the straight. Then i started the fight with Chris B. and thought i´m a bit faster but i couldn´t make much pressure cause the gap goes never under 0,5 sec and it seemed on straight he had the faster car, so it was very hard to find a overtake opportunity. Then i spun unfortunaly and he was away. But one lap later he spun also and the play begun again. :wink: I tried too much and spun again but still in fourth. I was already satisfied with P4 but then i saw a black frontwing on the track. Is this Chris ones ? Yes it was and i gained P3 from him so lucky again on the podium.

One more think, i would say the mod have a mirrow problem, cause some cars have the mirrows so much outside that they are not seeable in cockpit. And the virtual one is only in TV cockpit cam available and this view is nothing for me. So if i join next then only with a car with seeable mirrows like the Renault for example.

Maybe there is a chance to report this to the mod creator and change it (real modded cars are great but if it´s like this... :confused:) because i´m not sure if that would be good for further events or a league for example !? And also in 2010 the FIA ruled it that mirrows must seeable.

Unfortunately i had my replay recording off, can someone upload the replay file please ? Would be nice if i could watch the race again and see what happen around me. :redface:

:thanks: Ivo and RD for the event and all who joined for racing together.

if you want i'm uploading the replay of race 1..... for race 2 i can't because i had a disco!!! ;)

Here there is the file: http://www.mediafire.com/?51ynjhtkh2u

about the mirrors....... i know that is not realistic, but if you need you can enable the virtual mirrors also in the cockpit view!!!

go in your .plr files and open it with the notepad.... you will find those lines in the "[ Graphic Options ]" section:

Rearview="2" // 0=Off, 1=Center and Side, 2=Center only, 3=Side only (virtual mirrors only, in-car mirrors are on/off)

you can chose from the option..... you just need to set the right number of what you prefer

and

Virtual Rearview In Cockpit="1"

for enable the virtual mirrors in the cockpit view!!! ;)

EDIT: Ivo was more fast :p !!! :D

Hope you guys had fun.

I tried that one Martin but i think it was crap. Like many of the MMG tracks.
All 2010 versions are not really good. Maybe i will pick the FSR one.
But next week is Abu Dhabi first. Check the download section to find a awesome version. :)

Hey Ivo I cant find a new version of Abu have you got a link mate.

:thanks:
0020jr50.gif

you can also add virtual mirror for cockpit view in the upgrades section buy and install them and it bring the mirrors closer of the side of the car,

sorry lee i was the ferrari that hit you, i really could avoid you and very sorry if i caused your dnf,

A short race report :
Race 1 : qualified 13th and finished 8th
Race 2 : qualified 11th and finished 5th. I think I was too slow to click on the "Race" button so I had to start from the stand. It was an horrible experience, because I exited my stands early, at the beginning of the formation lap, and had to wait the formation lap a maybe half a minute after the race start before exiting the pitlane. My engine was overheating and my tires were cold : the first lap was difficult.

It was the first time for me with rFactor, FSONE09 and Valencia Street. I can tell you that I like rFactor and FSONE09 but this track is not fun (except for the last corners). The mod is fun to drive at first. I used to drive MMG F1 on GTREvo and in comparison, the FSONE09 car is like a drifting car. I had trouble with my setup also, I was slow, with too much under-steering, and the front tires were wearing very fast, and I made bad choices about tires and fuel, but I'm happy with my result.

Thank you Ivo and RD. See you on track.

Can someone shortly explain all that upgrade stuff?

btw: I have a negative budget and don't know how to ban this stupid thing from the game. Is there a way?

Does anyone know how to avoid the huge grphics problems i only get with some cars in this mod? Some are transparent, others have messed up textures. I tryed very much. Lower details etc. ...

thx in advance!

for the money just go in a test or in a race OFFLINE and write in the chat

ISI_BABYFACTORY

and in this way you will have 2.000.000.000 credits!!! :D

about the graphics problem i know only that the full option of the cars details doesn't work well, so try to set them on medium or high!!! ;)

but maybe is your mod version.....try to download it again and to reinstall it, maybe on a fresh install of rfactor!! ;)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 316 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 217 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 213 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 158 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 276 13.5%