AC Friendly Event: Formula Abarth @ Red Bull Ring National - Sunday July 9, 2017

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
You're welcome. It's my pleasure when you guys make it so much fun. That's what I like doing:thumbsup:

Firewall the accelerator and when the lights go out, pull paddle for 1st gear and you're off. Prevents jump starts. We're all in that boat together. In Neutral, lights off, BAM engage and go:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I certainly hope so:)
Thanks Bobby, start procedure noted and lesson learned ;):)

YW, hope it works :thumbsup:
Worked a treat, thanks Pete.
Few questions though:
1) Why are all the skins the same?
2) How do you know who you are viewing in the replay, all I could see was car number and this was not useful.
3) Are there name tags in AC?
4) How do you zoom in and out on the chase cam in replay and also how do you look back?

Worked a treat, thanks Pete.
Few questions though:
2) How do you know who you are viewing in the replay, all I could see was car number and this was not useful.
3) Are there name tags in AC?
4) How do you zoom in and out on the chase cam in replay and also how do you look back?

1) Don't know !
2, 3) Ctrl L will turn on/off driver names, country flag.
4) F1 will let you scroll through the different replay views.
I don't know if there is a keyboard shortcut for looking back.

They should be different for most but not all the cars. A few get repeated, lack of original skins, but we cannot use custom skins because of the way AC is coded. If you don't have a skin I'm using then you'll see a plain Jane white car or could cause errors.
I don't know if there is a keyboard shortcut for looking back.
I usually pause the replay, cycle through the cars until I get the car behind the one I was in. Let's you see what happened behind you or watch your lines. Great for seeing what others see you doing although I have been embarrased more than once by seeing what you guys see:whistling::whistling::notworthy::notworthy::D:D

I had a huge crash with a car i was about to lap, car was dangerously slow on the outside of the fast "würth" s corner. No reason to stop racing when im about to lap, be predictable and i will make my way around you.

@Loxley i drove the line to force an error ... it worked.
The server location was EU?

I had a huge crash with a car i was about to lap, car was dangerously slow on the outside of the fast "würth" s corner. No reason to stop racing when im about to lap, be predictable and i will make my way around you.
This is the very first part of Race Craft men. Learning how to be overtaken is an "Art". That being said, we guys with experience do make errors in judgement from time to time. Not saying that was the case here @ionONE1 . I just know I've done it to a new guy before:whistling::whistling::whistling:

They should be different for most but not all the cars. A few get repeated, lack of original skins, but we cannot use custom skins because of the way AC is coded. If you don't have a skin I'm using then you'll see a plain Jane white car or could cause errors.
I was surprised, I know the skins are limited on this car, 4 or 5 I think, but I had purposely selected another car, the 3rd or 4th one, but on the replay (and in the race I think) they all seemed to be car No1.
Thinking about it, could it have been the last minute reset to 35 laps that caused it? When we all came back in it may have defaulted all to the default car No. 1?

Most games I have raced have the same issue with the skins, so that's no biggie, was just wondering why we were all the same.
LOL, the white temp car milk carton on wheels :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

I usually pause the replay, cycle through the cars until I get the car behind the one I was in.
lol, I resorted to doing just that :D

Great for seeing what others see you doing although I have been embarrased more than once by seeing what you guys see:whistling::whistling::notworthy::notworthy::D:D
:sneaky::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao: but true, good way to learn :)

Ok guys, next weeks Tatuus FA01 akd Formula Abarth Practice Server is up. Look for RaceDepartment.com US Tatuus Practice #14 and bring your Premium buddies onto it and show them a good time:):thumbsup:

Thanks for your help.

BP:D

Great racing, thanks to @Bobby Pennington for arranging it all, cheers mate! :)

At the start my car would not go into 1st gear, what's with that?
Was having to catch up through the field after dropping way back because of that poor start.
Pity we got together @Rob Milliken into the 2nd right hander mid race, I spun around after we touched, not sure what happened to you after that? :)

That explains why your car was a mobile chicane at the start :D..

Yes to bad we collided .. I was trying to stay wide enough to not pinch you off but as the turn tightened I needed to stay on my apex to avoid getting caught outside the line .. I tried to hold my line as best I could leaning to the outside, I knew you were close but I never saw your nose .. I don't think I turned in on you ? .. after looking at the replay in slomo from behind you can see I stay true to the apex .. :geek: & we are racing after all so race incident is how I see it :thumbsup:.. You probably would have got me on the way down the hill anyway :pShame tho, was a good battle brewing !!
I ended up watching the field go by threw the dust ! lol

I think I came back in 14th or 15th, once I got the car facing the right way again lol ..

Still good Fun battling throughout the field ! ! Thx all for the laps !

@Loxley i drove the line to force an error ... it worked.
The server location was EU?

LOL - yes you did! You had the first turn nailed and I knew you'd be on my gearbox at turn 2 - I stayed left to give the inside to you for a pass. I should watched the road and not the rearview mirror! I had a blast coming back through the field. Some great racing with Sean Rogers!

That explains why your car was a mobile chicane at the start :D..

Yes to bad we collided .. I was trying to stay wide enough to not pinch you off but as the turn tightened I needed to stay on my apex to avoid getting caught outside the line .. I tried to hold my line as best I could leaning to the outside, I knew you were close but I never saw your nose .. I don't think I turned in on you ? .. after looking at the replay in slomo from behind you can see I stay true to the apex .. :geek: & we are racing after all so race incident is how I see it :thumbsup:.. You probably would have got me on the way down the hill anyway :pShame tho, was a good battle brewing !!
I ended up watching the field go by threw the dust ! lol

I think I came back in 14th or 15th, once I got the car facing the right way again lol ..

Still good Fun battling throughout the field ! ! Thx all for the laps !

Yeah, that start was a shocker mate! :whistling: lol

Was awesome racing :) You could have given me more room as I was hugging the apex and could not go anymore to the right, but it's all good, we were racing and sometimes it goes that way :D
I saw on the replay that after we started spinning from the initial contact, I bumped you back in the right direction and you continued on while I did the full 360. Pity you got caught up in the guys spinning just in the next turn or that would have been the ultimate :ninja: move! :)

Sometimes I have my best races coming back after a spin, odd that, but true :)
Looking forward to the next race

LOL - yes you did! You had the first turn nailed and I knew you'd be on my gearbox at turn 2 - I stayed left to give the inside to you for a pass. I should watched the road and not the rearview mirror! I had a blast coming back through the field. Some great racing with Sean Rogers!
Was great stuff, you kept me honest for a few laps, but after you got by you were just too quick in the end and started pulling away in the last few laps :thumbsup:

As the newbie, I tried really hard not to interfere with the fast guys (aka everyone else!) - I mostly succeeded by I think I had an incident on the inside of a corner as I was trying to get out of the way after a spinout...something glitchy happened and my car and the other seemed to be moving erratically, like a timing issue. Anyway, sorry if I affected you then, or anyone some other time and didn't even realize it.
in any case, I've signed up for next race and hoping for no spinouts or problems....

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.