Forum Racing Livery Maker 2.0

2004 Walrus nosed Williams (made by Jimlaad43)
Williams_zpseab7957e.png

I can only skin the front and rear wng, but not those red parts in the middle
youve got to select the exact layer.

Open every layer and layer group and click on the "eye". That way you should see which layer represents which part. If you found the part you want to paint, clcik on the layer on the "paint-area". The overlay gives the 3d thingy.

youve got to select the exact layer.

Open every layer and layer group and click on the "eye". That way you should see which layer represents which part. If you found the part you want to paint, clcik on the layer on the "paint-area". The overlay gives the 3d thingy.
Must say this painting looks HARD :thumbsup:

Must say this painting looks HARD :thumbsup:
There are two techniques (so far), both producing great results. Ben paints all the cars himself. My technique is different, but makes car choice tougher.

My technique involves finding a picture at the right angle, and then meticulously cutting sections out and moving/reshaping them to fit the template. As you can see, both produce great results.

There are two techniques (so far), both producing great results. Ben paints all the cars himself. My technique is different, but makes car choice tougher.

My technique involves finding a picture at the right angle, and then meticulously cutting sections out and moving/reshaping them to fit the template. As you can see, both produce great results.
basically there are 3 or 4 methods.

-

My first method. just using the template itself

Example:
ferrari-s20-png.41550

Second (from thsi version on real life (picturess)helmets are used, too): Using the template itself + taking pictures of real life cars, and modifying the parts in a way you can paint them+ the yfit in the car (angle, etc etc.)

d1zt.png

Second and a half: The mid stage between Second and third:

Example:
54p5.png

Third: Mixing Method 1 and 2 with taking real life pictures, modifing a bit the colour and the shape and combinin them. (I used the sidepod and the airbox for example. But between those elements there is the tempalte)

Example:

3z9l.png

Forth: Taking a picture from here: http://racingotaku.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/allf1_a02.jpg
Mirroring it and make it fit into the template. Arranging the tyres from the size correctly, the position stays.
Then rebuild the car from scratch.

Example:
Benetton_zpsaca329e3.png

fifth: Taking real life pictures and arraging them that they have the proportions o the template.

Example:
Jordan_zps66ca94c2.png

I started with method one and evolved slowly to my current method.
Jimmy has his own method for doing it.

basically there are 3 or 4 methods.

-

My first method. just using the template itself

Example:
ferrari-s20-png.41550

Second (from thsi version on real life (picturess)helmets are used, too): Using the template itself + taking pictures of real life cars, and modifying the parts in a way you can paint them+ the yfit in the car (angle, etc etc.)

d1zt.png

Second and a half: The mid stage between Second and third:

Example:
54p5.png

Third: Mixing Method 1 and 2 with taking real life pictures, modifing a bit the colour and the shape and combinin them. (I used the sidepod and the airbox for example. But between those elements there is the tempalte)

Example:

3z9l.png

Forth: Taking a picture from here: http://racingotaku.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/allf1_a02.jpg
Mirroring it and make it fit into the template. Arranging the tyres from the size correctly, the position stays.
Then rebuild the car from scratch.

Example:
Benetton_zpsaca329e3.png

fifth: Taking real life pictures and arraging them that they have the proportions o the template.

Example:
Jordan_zps66ca94c2.png

I started with method one and evolved slowly to my current method.
Jimmy has his own method for doing it.

Come on be up to date ;)

1950_2013.jpg

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 82 90.1%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 15 16.5%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 15 16.5%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 9 9.9%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 25 27.5%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 29 31.9%