Formula-SimRacing ASR1992 Championship [Unofficial]

Since Catalunya accepts 30 drivers, @Kenzo Schmitz and @Dan Brewer you will be allowed to drive this race.
Dan you will need to pick a car, you can sub for Eugene in the Ferrari, or you may pick from the following:
Andrea Moda
Benetton
Fondmetal
Footwork
Jordan

Thanks.

The server is showing mod not installed for me and the join button greyed out.
Has there been any change?
Also is there no password? I didnt need one earlier. If not is it possible public might drop in?.

had to start out of the pits just because i thought the countdown would be the one to the green light out of the pits and not for the grid, woops :whistling:. i'm more then happy with P5 after that. had a lot of fun and some nice battles with the one stoppers.

Sorry to Mitch Simon. i think i put my nose somewhere where it shouldntve been. Hope u had no damage after that.

since my stupidity was cooperating with patrick's i also started from the pitlane ^^ for the first few laps i had a good pace but at some point i ran wide and lost a couple of places. after that my race went from bad to worse, with 2 drive throughs from which one i have mistaken for a stop go, so had to go around again (made it 5 visits to the pits).
but it was good fun and hopefully france will be better :)

Slow, slow, slow for me. I practised a lot for this race but was even farther off the pole time than at Sao Paulo. About 4 seconds I think. I need to improve somehow but not sure how.

I started 15th and was feeling very uneasy the first 10 laps or so. I was driving like a grandma just trying to keep it on track and yet I still had 2 or 3 offs, one of which was big and caused damage. I never felt in danger of crashing at Sao Paulo but here I was holding on for dear life at nearly every corner, even after probably 200 laps of practice.

After about 10 laps I was so far back that I stopped caring and then I started to feel comfortable and kept it on track for the rest of the race, but was still slow and there weren't many around to race with. The only real racing I had was with @Kenzo Schmitz which was fun. And I spent a lot of laps with @Kris Cobb breathing down my neck until he pitted.

Thanks to Kris for making this possible. Gotta find some pace for round 3 though. 4 seconds off the pace is really depressing.

EDIT: Oh, I did manage to finish 9th though which is alright I guess, but only because of attrition ahead of me.

Thanks for an emotionally immersive race!
My goals were modest in this speedy company.
1) have the car survive as a viable engineering unit (brake failure at Sao Paolo)
2) only get lapped once!

I was in a little inter team derby with @David Cook in the other Minardi which of itself is interesting. We have become a team that competes on track between the two garages but are sharing less and less data;) as each of us battles for #1 driver status:D. All cool and realistic. More Nico and Lewis or I suppose Esteban and Adrian than say Seb And Mark.

The pace of the top guys just amazes me here and makes me look for more pace which is why I'm here as well as for fun.
Quali
I had a clean quali run and had P13 till the last minute and @Kris Cobb and David Cook (DC) both slipped under me.
Race: Race director asked for care on lap 1 so I was conservative at T1 and was passed.
Bit of an elbows out battle for 2 laps (or 1 and a half actually) saw me in the gravel and pitting for repairs at the end of lap 2.
The 50 seconds total cost might have seen the end of target #2.
Target #1 was met and I caught and passed 2 cars which with attrition meant P14.
So I finished.
I love these cars. I learned a bit this week through carstat and Motec about temps. But if you think I will share this while I am being roundly thrashed you have another thing coming.
Thanks for the race again.

I was in a little inter team derby with @David Cook in the other Minardi which of itself is interesting. We have become a team that competes on track between the two garages but are sharing less and less data;) as each of us battles for #1 driver status:D. All cool and realistic. More Nico and Lewis or I suppose Esteban and Adrian than say Seb And Mark.

Yes, the competition between us is what makes these races interesting even when we're 4 seconds slower than the guys at the front. As for the sharing of data, if I'm holding anything back, it's because my setups are atrocious. I was just watching the replay from the view of some of the top guys and I see it's possible to have taken turns 3, 9 and the final corner flat out. I wish I had known that a few days ago so I could have aimed for a setup capable of that. I'm not sure anyone could have done it with my setup that seemed intent on my destruction.

Is anyone else having force feedback issues at this track? The rumbling is much higher all around track except the pitlane. If I turn down the shock setting entirely it's still there. I can only get it to stop by turning the force feedback off and obviously I don't want to do that.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back