Formula-SimRacing ASR1992 Championship [Unofficial]

Just watched the replay, top job by broadcast team as usual. My race was quite difficult (headache+very understeery car), very slow, very much off the pace. Fourth place looked like a big achivement, pity brakes failed with just few laps to go. A bit strange, I used duct 1 in all previous races and Hungary is not known as heavy track for brakes. Something to think about for Spa, hope to finally score some points, see you there.

Last edited:
Spa is up.
We will TEST this one. If there are major issues please post feedback!! Wednesday before Raceday will be the final track we will use!
http://avidchronicracing.com/FSR/FSRSpaFinal.rfcmp

I'd say this one is much better than the RR Spa just because of the flat Eau Rouge cause theirs had some big bumps just before the hill and made steering through the corner much more difficult. Thumbs up for this one.

Last edited:
Been practicing on ths server.
It all seems fine to me no major problems with this track.
Small Issue:
However there is an invisible lump just after the crest of Radillon. Depending on line you sometimes miss it but I hit it say 80% of laps. It doesnt damage the car but arrests speed a bit.

Just some info and an Opinion:
Essentially JES used Mcnolo's version and reprofiled Eau Rouge making it not only smoother but a bit flatter.
IMO It does mean that Eau Rouge/Radillon is no longer a challenge of any kind at all. You can exit pits on full fuel and cold tyres and take it flat out on a bad line. So from La Source to Les Combes its essentially one long straight.
Whether that denudes the challenge of Spa is just a personal opinion, a preference thing.

Again I am simply giving feedback, I am stating an opinion and I am aware that not all agree.
I am not getting into a rant that "you need to change this track urgently" or anything of the kind.
I would simply like drivers to be aware that there are 2 kinds or Eau Rouge. The other one is a bit lumpy but it presents a challenge.
vale Stephane Bellof
Thanks

Been practicing on ths server.
It all seems fine to me no major problems with this track.
Small Issue:
However there is an invisible lump just after the crest of Radillon. Depending on line you sometimes miss it but I hit it say 80% of laps. It doesnt damage the car but arrests speed a bit.

Just some info and an Opinion:
Essentially JES used Mcnolo's version and reprofiled Eau Rouge making it not only smoother but a bit flatter.
IMO It does mean that Eau Rouge/Radillon is no longer a challenge of any kind at all. You can exit pits on full fuel and cold tyres and take it flat out on a bad line. So from La Source to Les Combes its essentially one long straight.
Whether that denudes the challenge of Spa is just a personal opinion, a preference thing.

Again I am simply giving feedback, I am stating an opinion and I am aware that not all agree.
I am not getting into a rant that "you need to change this track urgently" or anything of the kind.
I would simply like drivers to be aware that there are 2 kinds or Eau Rouge.
vale Stephane Bellof
Thanks

Agreed. It's unfortunate that the only choices are either this flat Eau Rouge, or the one with the invisible wall, but at least this one is driveable, thanks to the efforts of John-Eric.

Regarding the bump: have you tried lifting the ride height a bit to something like 3.0-5.7?

Agreed. It's unfortunate that the only choices are either this flat Eau Rouge, or the one with the invisible wall, but at least this one is driveable, thanks to the efforts of John-Eric.

Regarding the bump: have you tried lifting the ride height a bit to something like 3.0-5.7?
No I havent yet. Ill try it thanks.

But I dont agree this is the only driveble one;).

No I havent yet. Ill try it thanks.

But I dont agree this is the only driveble one;).

Which other one is there, just for interest's sake? The original one from Racerfactor is pretty good - if you manage to miss the invisible wall on Eau Rouge, which you can with high frequency. But you just need to hit it once to ruin your race.

Maybe PM me, as I don't want to turn this into a let's-change-the-track discussion.

Both Eau Rouge versions are more or less identical in curvature if you ask me. Problems are elsewhere in this track, varying FPS and some uneven curbs... Oh well, maybe Apex modding will one day put some effort to their Spa project.

rFactor2%202015-01-13%2009-20-39-44.jpg

rFactor2%202015-01-13%2009-17-25-17.jpg

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back