Cars Formula RSS 4 by Race Sim Studio

Hi :)
Personally I think its because hardly anyone reads descriptions and stuff no more....

I hear what you're saying, I read so much detailed technical info for work that I'm probably guilty of glossing over things that aren't work-related. I suppose I just assumed the emails about updates were dealt with directly from RSS and not through Sellfy. As well, I suppose I must bear some guilt here as I have not registered with Sellfy for any of the 6 or so of your creations I've purchased. Even if I had registered, it's highly likely I wouldn't have check the box about emailing news and offers...assuming it would be general marketing and news from Sellfy and not specific news and offers from RSS. My bad on that assumption if that isn't the case. I like to keep my online registrations to a minimum but I tend to opt out of emails of news and offers because I'm not keen on my inbox blowing up with messages that I'm not interested in 99.9% of the time. Guess I need to register on Sellfy then, eh?

Slightly OT: I noticed what I think is an issue with one of your GT paint templates. Don't want to hijack this thread but it would be cool if someone could look into it when they have a minute. I did post about it in the forum thread relating to the paint kit as well. Nothing mission critical, you guys do a solid job. :thumbsup:

I hear what you're saying, I read so much detailed technical info for work that I'm probably guilty of glossing over things that aren't work-related. I suppose I just assumed the emails about updates were dealt with directly from RSS and not through Sellfy. As well, I suppose I must bear some guilt here as I have not registered with Sellfy for any of the 6 or so of your creations I've purchased. Even if I had registered, it's highly likely I wouldn't have check the box about emailing news and offers...assuming it would be general marketing and news from Sellfy and not specific news and offers from RSS. My bad on that assumption if that isn't the case. I like to keep my online registrations to a minimum but I tend to opt out of emails of news and offers because I'm not keen on my inbox blowing up with messages that I'm not interested in 99.9% of the time. Guess I need to register on Sellfy then, eh?

Slightly OT: I noticed what I think is an issue with one of your GT paint templates. Don't want to hijack this thread but it would be cool if someone could look into it when they have a minute. I did post about it in the forum thread relating to the paint kit as well. Nothing mission critical, you guys do a solid job. :thumbsup:
Hi Man,
Yes dont quote me 100% on any of this stuff, I am certainly no expert with this Sellfy,
Mainly I just have access myself to download and check the content QA, and to make any fixes if required then upload builds back to our Drop Box account ready to be checked again its kinda like our system we have, I never actually used it to buy anything so like I say im no expert at all with it or any settings within the software, not 100% sure with this emails and offers how that works correctly either,
was just my personal POV on the subject trying to help you guys out, :)
Please do register with Sellfy, you can simply log into Sellfy and download the product again when you receive no direct emails but online you notice the rest of the guys running new fresh updates,
like hey I want some of this action too, just go to your personal Sellfy and grab that puppy again. :D

On a much more serious note and more to what my expertise is,
regarding these templates, I am going to build all brand new templates and packs of templates to all content and have them within the shop I believe we discussed in a separate section, obviously as a free download goes without saying,

issue is just here on RD just for this GT pack alone we have 3 different downloads in different areas,
and what we provided was minimal because of the upload limitations,
I think all the templates to this GT pack and soon this NGT pack will be around 2.5-3GB,
we feel 1 download covering everything and available with the cars is the best place to have them and more freedom with sizes of the zips,

so this is on my list of jobs along with making new 3D myself, working with the other 3D artists and checking progress and making sure they have everything they need the resources,
making new content and settings and textures for some new upcoming projects we are working on, among the cars and stuff,
and also working on textures and settings for this RF2 currently we have about 9 cars completed inside RF2 so major DEV going on here as well, which reminds me I need to go check a brand new build just sent, also trying to complete some textures and settings for this shaders patch I like to help on this also, so pretty snowed under currently its non stop all day long,
we do know about these "template" issues and the situation its just finding a spare 3-4hrs sorting them out, wants doing soon ill speak with the guys again this morning and see if we can make some time to get them updated and inside the shop.:)

Please do register with Sellfy, you can simply log into Sellfy and download the product again when you receive no direct emails but online you notice the rest of the guys running new fresh updates,
like hey I want some of this action too, just go to your personal Sellfy and grab that puppy again. :D

Will do. On the down side, I probably wouldn't notice the updates unless I got an email as I don't race online...mainly due to time and availability (and maybe reckless drivers). I'll just have to check Sellfy on occasion and keep my eyes on the mod threads here as well for news.

No worries on the templates, I understand completely. I figured you guys might be aware, only wanted to make sure. I had a bit of an itch to do a Lister Stor...uh...RSS Tornado livery last weekend and noticed the issue. It's all good. :)

Will do. On the down side, I probably wouldn't notice the updates unless I got an email as I don't race online...mainly due to time and availability. I will just have to check Sellfy on occasion and keep my eyes on the mod threads here.

No worries on the templates, I understand completely. I figured you guys might be aware, only wanted to make sure. I had a bit of an itch to do a Lister Stor...uh...RSS Tornado livery last weekend and noticed the issue. It's all good. :)
Hi,
Can you send a link to the forum post regarding the Tornado, I must have missed it,
just want to make sure its all there and correct when updated. :)

I was looking inside the GT main thread sorry about that, I am sure all cars have wireframes 100% well in my mind lol ill check it :)

Again, no worries. It's possible I missed it as that .psb file has a lot of groups and layers for all of the default liveries, but I did my best to check through it thoroughly before posting about it. If it's in there, I'll feel a bit of an a$$. :redface:

I forgot to mention I'm not using the 3D version, just the standard 2D .psb. For some reason the 3Ds aren't working for me, it's possible I unchecked something a few years back when I installed PS that is needed for the 3D to work properly....but that's definitely my problem. ;)

Again, no worries. It's possible I missed it as that .psb file has a lot of groups and layers for all of the default liveries, but I did my best to check through it thoroughly before posting about it. If it's in there, I'll feel a bit of an a$$. :redface:
Well looking you left 4 star review,
but looking inside all the 2D layers in the pack1 GT Templates,
"all 2d layers have the UV there"
looking inside the 3D templates,
the 55 and the Tornado have the UV there, but inside photoshop you do not need UV layers when working with 3D as the photoshop system is much better with more features,
the 2D UV templates and paints, we add later to the 3D,
1ST import a 3D file the raw geometry into photoshop, then add 2ND, the PSD which we saved prior the main base templates,
we did update 1 car with new UV at some point but never the 3D only the 2D layers,
its a simple case of re applying the 2D layer or using the photoshop UV settings.

when inside photoshop you have this function,
its live view of the UV stored inside the 3D layers, you can change colors and transparency live,
so its not actually a requirement to provide it inside the 3D layers,
its more knowing the software and capabilities of the software, yes we can provide 1000 PSD and settings and textures,
but also there needs to be some understanding on how to use the templates, the 3D layers and settings,
someone opened a thread a while back regarding the 2018 Hybrid I believe,
quite a few people couldnt even paint on the layers, it was just locked with the padlock, which is probably the most easiest option in the PSD layers to understand, anyways like I am saying there needs to be some understanding on how things work. :)

https://gyazo.com/fc3824feb069a627c40e03dd554a235b

So you're saying the UV layer is in the Tornado (not Vortex, as in your video) 2D MAIN_LIVERY.psb file? I just pulled it out of the V1.1 template pack again and I cannot find it...sorry mate...

I downloaded and checked the previous GT template pack as well and did not find it in that file either. Thierry Waring had noted he couldn't find it either in the reviews. I'm not trying to cause you trouble here, if it's in there and I'm missing it, it's on me, but I cannot find it.

PS_screencap.png

So you're saying the UV layer is in the Tornado (not Vortex, as in your video) 2D MAIN_LIVERY.psb file? I just pulled it out of the V1.1 template pack again and I cannot find it...sorry mate...

PS_screencap.png
I opened it straight away and was there your inside the wrong file lol :)
e59b97394a900cc0ab9cf260b0252216.png

PS_screencap.png
The confusion on my side is because,
here you are leaving a review talking about the VORTEX
b8614509d0b921f8c13969019d96de31.png

but here your talking about the Tornado at the same time the same issues.
5b6189d93fc087736ed3e46eaa171e57.png

And like I mentioned the UV is there inside the files the main cars paints the Chassis_P
188a96eece4e6d1091f965edebcb74fe.jpg

I opened it straight away and was there your inside the wrong file lol :)
e59b97394a900cc0ab9cf260b0252216.png
Ok, I accept that....so what's the MAIN_LIVERY.psb file then...is that just for your default liveries? Really sorry about that. :O_o: I could swear I went through all the other files as well but it's possible I missed one.

I did say Vortex there, didn't I...:redface:

Ok, I accept that....so what's the MAIN_LIVERY.psb file then...is that just for your default liveries? Really sorry about that. :O_o: I could swear I went through all the other files as well but it's possible I missed one.
Yeah was just RSS Dev files we shared as like a bonus lol,
ill remove it to stop confusion and no longer add them into templates for the end users,
sorry about the misunderstanding. :)

I'm registered on sellfy and also noticed some mail issues. I received mails on Jan 22nd (URD newsletter) and Feb 8th (RSS F4), but I didn't get mails about the RSS V6 2 update on Jan 25th and also about the URD Detroid update on Jan 26th.

I'm registered on sellfy and also noticed some mail issues. I received mails on Jan 22nd (URD newsletter) and Feb 8th (RSS F4), but I didn't get mails about the RSS V6 2 update on Jan 25th and also about the URD Detroid update on Jan 26th.
Yes not sure what is happening with it currently :)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.