Cars Formula RSS 4 by Race Sim Studio

Is that feldbuerg from fat-alfie?

Also on the subject of updates, I dont know if you plan on updating the physics at all, but I always felt like the car was extremely twitchy at low speeds. I know RSS GT cars tyres were overhauled at some point, anything that could also benefit RSS4 tyres?
Hi, Yes its Davids track,
I spoke with the guys regarding the physics already and everyone is happy on that side of things,
was mainly down to audio slight tweeks and animations and some visual updates and improvements. :)

Track is insane I love it....

Small adjustments made with the tyres,
ill try 1 more thing with them and see where it leads, I created a few new resources for some new content, ill give them a test and see where we are. :)
custom_showroom_1549580077.png

Ill save the rest for the new car what is been developed but the 1st few stages looked great,
we can see where the tyre was created in the moulds and formed and dried it causes color distortion in the compound, anyways ill leave these here.
bfd7c99877ad25f4410dc259b1ee3dd8.jpg

0a63e7aa570ea1792d8c3d9681ee6956.jpg

187535cd770339a977c72fa0e10a1d41.jpg

e87cddd5376ca740549eecb3dfbc3647.jpg

5cbf10f62cae0d671cf3e74490807ac2.jpg

eedd52a2a2102e5c3e97d3c107189359.jpg

2f5b2104b1dca9f5b9a1d560228c8556.jpg

RSS4 2017 V2 Released!

FORMULA RSS 4 UPDATED TO VERSION 2.0
By Race Sim Studio

Our Formula RSS 4 car has been updated to version 2.0, featuring several improvements. An e-mail with the download link will be sent to all the customers of the Formula RSS 4 and Formula Pack 2.

If you don’t own the car yet, you can buy it here.

Thank you for your support and have a good weekend!

FORMULA RSS 4 V2.0 CHANGELOG 08/02/2019
3D:
• UV Mapping fixed rear wing lower beam,
• Updated car shadows
• Optimised the car chassis main LOD / cleaned and reduced geometry by 2k triangles
• New steering column created and applied to the main steering wheel frame, bugged geometry from a past XFORM settings,
• New seat belts added and applied to Cockpit_LR & LOD_B
• New tyre textures created and more blur applied along with new shader settings
• New steering wheel TX gears added as requested, much improved the resoution
• New previews pictures
• Display textures saved again to remove the known .dds bugs we sometimes see in textures,
• New driver animations, much improved over the previous ones, also shift paddle anims updated
• A general overhaul of textures and settings in the LOD_A and lower
• Exported the main car at animation frame 10, to give a better visual appearence in the showroom, car is lower to the ground like ingame

Sounds:
• Overall volume balancing
• Added new effects samples (tyres, bodywork)
• Reduced turbo effects

Other:
• Minor updates to car naming, with short name provided

RSS4 2017 V2 Released!

FORMULA RSS 4 UPDATED TO VERSION 2.0
By Race Sim Studio

Our Formula RSS 4 car has been updated to version 2.0, featuring several improvements. An e-mail with the download link will be sent to all the customers of the Formula RSS 4 and Formula Pack 2.

If you don’t own the car yet, you can buy it here.

Thank you for your support and have a good weekend!

FORMULA RSS 4 V2.0 CHANGELOG 08/02/2019
3D:
• UV Mapping fixed rear wing lower beam,
• Updated car shadows
• Optimised the car chassis main LOD / cleaned and reduced geometry by 2k triangles
• New steering column created and applied to the main steering wheel frame, bugged geometry from a past XFORM settings,
• New seat belts added and applied to Cockpit_LR & LOD_B
• New tyre textures created and more blur applied along with new shader settings
• New steering wheel TX gears added as requested, much improved the resoution
• New previews pictures
• Display textures saved again to remove the known .dds bugs we sometimes see in textures,
• New driver animations, much improved over the previous ones, also shift paddle anims updated
• A general overhaul of textures and settings in the LOD_A and lower
• Exported the main car at animation frame 10, to give a better visual appearence in the showroom, car is lower to the ground like ingame

Sounds:
• Overall volume balancing
• Added new effects samples (tyres, bodywork)
• Reduced turbo effects

Other:
• Minor updates to car naming, with short name provided
Nice to see some love for the 'old' content! :thumbsup:

Is there an update planned for the template? ;)

Something went wrong with the exhaust foil texture. IIRC this happed during the development of v1, too. :rolleyes::D
rss4_v2.JPG

Nice to see some love for the 'old' content! :thumbsup:

Is there an update planned for the template? ;)

Something went wrong with the exhaust foil texture. IIRC this happed during the development of v1, too. :rolleyes::D
View attachment 290419
Its inside CM, it never deals with alphablend too nice,
its fine ingame I did notice it was there like that but left it, its the prefered shaders I like, CM could do with a update :)

The tyres look like they are wobbling a lot now when rolling; particularly noticeable when racing AI :O_o:
Thanks Leon,
Yes I do see it there, its strange because the LOD_A on the car I am driving is perfect,
it gets so close to the car a few meters away but yet its still wobbling, obviously should be the LOD_A this close also, ill go check what is happening inside 3ds max.
https://gyazo.com/00f8e93f39f29d15c55f0a5cb61c67d9

Its inside CM, it never deals with alphablend too nice,
its fine ingame I did notice it was there like that but left it, its the prefered shaders I like, CM could do with a update :)
Disgaree on the ingame part, as it is very noticeable on darker liveries.
Screenshot_rss_formula_rss_4_magione_9-2-119-9-56-1.jpg

And this is comparison between v1.0 and v2.0 in CM showroom:
rss4_v2a.JPG

Thanks Leon,
Yes I do see it there, its strange because the LOD_A on the car I am driving is perfect,
it gets so close to the car a few meters away but yet its still wobbling, obviously should be the LOD_A this close also, ill go check what is happening inside 3ds max.
https://gyazo.com/00f8e93f39f29d15c55f0a5cb61c67d9

yes it's weird because it doesn't seem to be affecting the player, but it is immediately visible on AI. Glad you could reproduce it :thumbsup:

Love this little puppy :D

Disgaree on the ingame part, as it is very noticeable on darker liveries.
View attachment 290494

And this is comaprison between v1.0 and v2.0 in CM showroom:
View attachment 290495
Yeah I noticed the shader difference, even when I was rendering some pics for David on the website I noticed it inside CM, I wouldnt have left it if I would have noticed it ingame,
either way Leons discovery is quite serious,
I can only presume it was this way all the time even inside V1.0 the RR wheel wobble,
I just fixed it now so will go and check it ingame, + make the tailpipe cover shield alphatest not alphablend :)

yes it's weird because it doesn't seem to be affecting the player, but it is immediately visible on AI. Glad you could reproduce it :thumbsup:

Love this little puppy :D
Yes really sorry about that,
I checked every mm of everything this LOD_B with the bad wheel there was nothing I touched inside that file,
I simply opened the file and added the new seat belts inside the LOD_B I was there maybe 5 minutes if that and simply saved it again, like I say from what I know I am simply wondering if this bug was there from day 1 the entire RR wheel dummy was rotated strange. :)

So anyways the Tailpipe cover and the LOD_B wonky wheel as been rectified,
I highly doubt there will be an official patch, more like a silent update, IDK,
these guys sort these things out in the team,
like I say I can only apologize for the mistake with the wheel,
I will send this patch to the team to inspect. :)

Hi Guys,
We made a silent update to the V2 RSS4 2017,
we updated the single car and the pack2,

which addresses the tailpipe cover and the LOD_B wheel issues,
please download the content again from the shop,
sorry about the inconvenience. :)

I think he was anticipating my updates with the bugs, he knows by now there will still be something wrong somewhere :p

I don't seem to be getting update emails regarding any of the RSS products I've purchased...hmmm... :(
Hi :)
Personally I think its because hardly anyone reads descriptions and stuff no more,
I do it myself as well read very little to nothing, I was saying to Ilja last night if I woke up on a morning and read everything I do or use or download, I would just be sat here all day long and get no work done at all,
anyways like I was saying I think its because on average no one is reading much any more,

like here on our Sellfy page for the cars for example,
f7959a2a0cbc9814cb873d8136db4b1d.png

Here is shows this,
Order now to stay up to date with the latest update packages. We recommend registering to SellFy and making a purchase so you can download an unlimited number of times, and track your purchase!

And making sure these are ticked on the checkout page,
d2c4f67a1bca5e7efbc9ca9004b3591e.png

Main thing here not everyone is registering directly with sellfy,
RSS Make products to sell,
Sellfy makes software for businesses to sell there products online,

So how it works is we make content/products and use this Sellfy platform when we sell products to customers its using this software so its important to register directly with Sellfy itself,
when we make updates to content I am sure it sends all the emails to everyone but its not 100% sending to everyone it depends on if you registered and what boxes you ticked on checkout,

I dont see to any of this stuff its the guys in the Team who run the websites and the shop and all social media, I just make the 3D content and visuals for the cars and a few settings in the data whats needed for the visuals ect,

You can email us admin@racesimstudio.com and request a new update,
or send me a PM with the email you used on your purschase and I will forward you a new download for the content you purchased. :)

I would highly recommend registering with Sellfy though its way simpler I have been told to keep track of your products and updates.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.