Resource icon

Skins Formula Classic 1991 Skins, Performance, Reliability AMS 3.051

Login or Register an account to download this content
You need to do this: http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/f1-1994-1995-mod-issues-with-new-patch.132400/#post-2410394 , but naturally for Formula Classic .veh files.

Or wait the authors update.
Due to Keith's F Classic mods already using upgrade.ini files to simulate the car aero differences etc this approach won't work properly. What you need to do is copy the info from Reiza's F Classic upgrade.ini file in its entirety and paste it into each upgrade.ini file included in this mod. Essentially it is merging Reiza's upgrade file with Keith's upgrade files.

Thanks to Reiza there is some more improvement to be seen in the overtaking of lapped cars. They have introduced some blue flag behaviour which is a big improvement.

There is also some randomness in their start behaviour off the grid, and a nice slowdown after the end of the race instead of continuing at race pace.

Some of my numbers are still experimental but it looks to be working pretty well, with a noticeable increase in the passing of backmarkers. But I will keep looking at the numbers and if I can improve them more then I will definitely upload another update.

Glad to see people are still enjoying using the 88 and 91 mods :)

Huge thanks again for keeping these wonderful mods updated to take full advantage of the latest AMS goodness. The racing experience with these is better than ever.

I had one quick question. I notice that some of the characteristics in the talent files are commented out. I was just wondering why.

Cheers

When I first made the mod, I wanted to find the hdv lines and talent lines that made the best, genuine difference to the performance, so I did a lot of trial and error testing.

In the talent files I commented everything out except speed and watched the AI behaviour & recorded their lap times as I kept changing the speed number. Then I commented everything out except aggression and tested different numbers, and so on with each line of the talent file. Only aggression and speed made any discernible difference, so I un commented them. I believe minimum skill still affects the occasional poor lap that an AI can have (if I remember correctly it might be connected to AI mistakes in the plr file), so that also is uncommented.

But for the others, they had no effect on the results in my mod so I left them commented. It was also a way of eliminating any unknown or unwanted effects.

Reiza is now using courtesy so that is back in, and they have also added tire management and start skill.

But as far as I know, the others still do little or nothing.

I seem to remember there was a time when composure or crash worked, but I might be thinking back to rFactor now, and I couldn't see any effect when I made these files.

EDIT I should add that commenting a line out is not switching it off, just reverting all cars to default setting for that number.

Last edited:
Also, in the last few days I have thought that I am seeing some differences with my 88 & 91 mods since the latest Reiza updates.
I don't mean the blue flag and improved behaviour, but sometimes I think there are bigger gaps between AI lap times on the grid? I'd be interested to know if you or anyone else has noticed or is it my imagination?

Anyway I am keeping an eye out for it now and I'll test and adjust some numbers if it needs it.

Thanks for detailed explanation Keith, that makes complete sense.

I hope that Reiza will issue a brief rundown on which bits of the talent files the game is currently using. It seems that they can now have a very big influence indeed on the AI's behaviour. There are many other excellent mods which are desperately in need of some good talent and performance_upgrade.ini files to make offline racing worthwhile, but I don't want to try to update my files until we know what Reiza will use in the final 1.5.

I haven't had enough time to run many (or any full) races lately - so I've been hot lapping around Monaco and Montreal in the Ultimates :redface:. But since I don't have Baku to distract me over the next two weeks, I'll try to see if there is a noticeable difference in the 88s & 91s. The F-Ultimates are fun for a quick blast, but nothing beats these classics for a full race weekend/season.

Thanks again.

Yes the Classics are still my favourite, and Reiza's blue flag behaviour has definitely improved things further. I'm seeing overtakes where they never happened before and with less hindrance to the leaders.
As you say, once Reiza finish their AI adjustments it will be possible to dial the settings in.

Just out of curiosity, what do you lads/lasses use for settings?

I never have enough time to run 100% length races, so I only do 50%. Right now I have fuel use/time scale/track evolution set to 2x, but tire wear to 4x in order to give the possibility of more than one stop. This seems to make the AI do anywhere from 1 to 3 stops on Montreal for example. (I am loving the fact that they fixed the refueling bug :inlove:)

Yes, very happy now the refuelling is fixed.
I like to do 100% races but usually don't find time so mostly they are 50% distance with 2 x fuel and 4x tyres.

But if I want more pitstops or if they need fine tuning, I also add another couple of lines in the gdb:

PlayerTireWear = 1.25
AITireWear = 1.90

This takes a bit of extra effort, but with a bit of testing I can find the right numbers to increase tyre wear so that I pit in line with the AI, and we all pit for example between lap 9 and 12 of a 40 lap race, so we all get 3 pitstops.

Unfortunately these numbers do vary from track to track so it does need some testing before a race.

That's great information. I didn't realize you could just drop that into the gdb.

I wish we had a sticky topic at the top of the modding section where people could post tidbits exactly like this. There are so many tweaks and settings outside of the game interface (plr, gdb, aiw, rcd etc) which can greatly improve the game for one person or another - especially in offline mode. I always forget which ones I should be tweaking and there are so many I have never yet discovered - it would be good to have a quick reference.This was especially true during AMS development since the files got reset so often.

Thanks once more.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back