Resource icon

Skins Formula Classic 1991 Skins, Performance, Reliability AMS 3.051

Login or Register an account to download this content
McLaren sound and Williams Renault sound were confused. Please switch them. Your work is great but the sounds all together are only standard and not very characteristic excepting the Williams Renault sound which you gave unfortunately the Mclaren.

Last edited:
Sooo good, thanks for this. I have been waiting all summer for Reiza to release a quick fix to the fuel consumption issue with these beauties (no idea how to calculate the confusing consumption factor). This is a great answer to the issue.

I hope Reiza will address it at some point. I raised it in the beta forum but never received an acknowledgment that they are looking at it. But I assume, based on past performance, that it won't be left hanging after well earned summer holidays are over and they are able to put out one last patch for AMS sometime this autumn.

Huge thanks, as always, for your time, effort, and skill.

@Keith Windsor
This pack is really good, and Im happy is updated!
One question: There are any restrictions to use the Historic Version for online purposes?
To be honest I'm not really sure. There are two sets of cars in my mod - If you use the multiplayer set of cars, there are no changes to the engine or other physics so they are identical to the default Formula Classics, but you would have to try it to find out.
But I think they might only work if all players also have the same mod installed.

@Keith Windsor Hey thank you so much for your mod! Anyways i wanted to know how can i set the default amount of cars to 32 instead of 26 to make all drivers appear on races. How do i go about doing that?

Last edited:
@Keith Windsor Hey thank you so much for your mod! Anyways i wanted to know how can i set the default amount of cars to 32 instead of 26 to make all drivers appear on races. How do i go about doing that?

You need to do a couple of things:
First, for each of the drivers that you need to appear, edit as follows:

just open the relevant driver .veh file using notepad and remove the word VOID from the end of the hdv line.

Example: to make Blundell appear in your game, open 91blundell8.veh using notepad.

Change the line
HDVehicle=F_Classic.hdvVOID
to
HDVehicle=F_Classic.hdv

Save the file again as 91blundell8.veh and the car will then appear in game.

AND ALSO,
to get all cars to appear (actually I think there are 34 in total), you need to open the SRS file and edit the line

Max Opponents = 25

to read
Max Opponents = 33

(Or if you specifically want 32 cars total, you can set it to 31 opponents and leave a couple of drivers as VOID in their veh)

Keith, for some strange reason i have the 1988 engine performance with the 1991 carset? In the showroom it says (i.e.) 3.5l Lamborghini V12 with 1300+ horsepower? Also, on track i can change the boost pressure (??) from 0 to 1.5 bars? How is this possible? It happen on all cars.

Keith, for some strange reason i have the 1988 engine performance with the 1991 carset? In the showroom it says (i.e.) 3.5l Lamborghini V12 with 1300+ horsepower? Also, on track i can change the boost pressure (??) from 0 to 1.5 bars? How is this possible? It happen on all cars.

Unfortunately, this mod was actually made before the Formula Classics had any turbo boost. Reiza have added the turbo and it now appears in both my 1988 mod and 1991 mod. It might be possible to deactivate it in the engine files but on the other hand it may be built into the game code. I will need to take another look at the engine files.

Man! Thank you very much for this mod! Swear to you, I've tears in my eyes now! I'm old school, dinossaur cos' I still driving by keyboard since I played every single day Geoff Crammond's F1GP in the late 90's. I was feeling kinda bad these days, then I decide to buy some simulator, hopping to find out these memorable days of 90's. I spent hours and hours to set Automobilista to keyboard in a way I could reaaly enjoy, had fun with the 86' classics but then!! Then in the end I find out this amazing mod your prepare. Thank you very much bro! I can attack the zebras far more agresivelly than on the original 86' classics, now with all those beautifull skins and perfect data, thanks to you!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 390 12.1%