Cars Fordmans Revival

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow.. They really use that font?
that looks like the A-Team font :roflmao:
600px-A-Team-Logo.svg.png

OK everything is coming a long really great now. The MOTEC just needs a little more work, the driver sides are fixed, and the car how has pedals (I know little details)

So while I am here, is there anything else that anybody has spotted with the Ginetta, that you might have failed to mention, as everything that has been posted has been done / fixed?

Cheers

Shaun

Well not many modders get to experience the car first hand, or hear feedback from drivers and crew chiefs alike!

People we're astonished by the mod and how realistic it is to the real thing with people having really positive feedback especially when they use the mod to practice for race events and start working on a setup before they've even arrived!

It was a real pleasure to hear what things people had to say about the mod first hand (even if he doesn't know the difference between mph and kmph :):)

Reactions: Two
UPDATE - THE CAR IN QUESTION

Hi all, I just thought I would post an update on the actual car. I will quote Jeremy Clarkson.

"Forgot everything, forget everything you have ever driven"

This is basically a totally new car. I asked Mclarenf1papa for some help and well, I was blown away what was actually wrong with the car ( and this goes back to the original release)

The car dimensions was totally wrong (Car Inertia in AC) so if the dimensions are wrong, then everything else is wrong.

So it has had:

A total overhaul of dimensions
A total overhaul of Aerodynamics
A Total overhaul of suspensions and handling
A total overhaul of gearing, ratios, Diff
Updated Brakes and Brake Temps
An update to tyres
Updated Power
Updated Engine Inertia
Introduced RHD version
Updated MOTEC / Dashboard
Updated Steering Ratios

Now a lot of people will moan like hell, as this does NOT drive on rails any more. You have to control the throttle, you have to control your braking, you have to actually be in control of the car, one mistake, and like IRL, you will pay for it. Now as you know I am a FWD fan, but this, well, it makes me smile everytime I drive it, to me, it's a work out, as it should be.

So just waiting for MOTEC to be completed, and then it should be ready for release.

Just wanted to update you all, as been working hard in the background and will continue to

Shaun

The car dimensions was totally wrong (Car Inertia in AC) so if the dimensions are wrong, then everything else is wrong.

So it has had:

A total overhaul of dimensions
To clarify, Shaun's talking about the inertia of the car (totally separate from the car's dimensions). Inertia in AC is calculated from a uniform density box (you enter dimensions for the box and AC calculates the "car"'s moment of inertia - as opposed to directly taking inertia inputs like in rFactor or GTR2).

Kunos suggests to use the car's dimensions if you don't have experience or data because it will leave you with inertia that is sort of (but not really very) close. Typically when doing this you end up with inertia that is higher than the real car's (and in some cases, far higher). So I fixed that...

In addition, I changed the suspension a bit to reflect what the real car runs in terms of spring rates and damping and fixed some geometry issues (excess bumpsteer caused by tie rods a few mm off).

For the tires I just did my usual (changing load sensitivity and optimum slip angles along with some other tweaks).

The car also had too much downforce before (and honestly probably still might), so I reduced that as well.

To clarify, Shaun's talking about the inertia of the car (totally separate from the car's dimensions). Inertia in AC is calculated from a uniform density box (you enter dimensions for the box and AC calculates the "car"'s moment of inertia - as opposed to directly taking inertia inputs like in rFactor or GTR2).

Kunos suggests to use the car's dimensions if you don't have experience or data because it will leave you with inertia that is sort of (but not really very) close. Typically when doing this you end up with inertia that is higher than the real car's (and in some cases, far higher). So I fixed that...

In addition, I changed the suspension a bit to reflect what the real car runs in terms of spring rates and damping and fixed some geometry issues (excess bumpsteer caused by tie rods a few mm off).

For the tires I just did my usual (changing load sensitivity and optimum slip angles along with some other tweaks).

The car also had too much downforce before (and honestly probably still might), so I reduced that as well.

Thanks for clarifying everything there :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back