Cars Fordmans Revival

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something I also wanted to achieve is that the car, out of the box is drivable for everybody, to some certain degree, but, with a little tinkering with setups, as they do in IRL, you can make it better. Here is a quote from another tester. I asked him
Do you think I have achieved a working out of the box car, but if you tweak it, it's better?

He replied
yeah I would say so even with the one I drove last night. It works, doesn't kill you, anyone can use it straight away, but if you play with and learn how to do more with the car you will always go faster than a default setting.

So out of the box, the car is drivable, fun, fast, but if you want to spend the time, it gets better :)

Shaun

Who remembers this little Beauty?
http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/caterham-academy.6794/

Well I was at another VIP event on Saturday and got to meet a Caterham Driver. He is getting a full sim on the 16th of August, and we talked sim racing as you do, and I told him about AC and this mod.

Now obviously it is from 2015, so I spoke to @fkkamil and he has given me permission to bring it up to 2017/2018 Spec, make model changes, as suggested from Caterham Team, and also introduce the 270R version, with full information from the Caterham Team.

Amazing what you can do, when you visit your local circuit

Shaun

OK, back to the Ginetta

ginetta_lhd.jpg

ginetta_rhd.jpg

Reports from Testers are now flowing through, and I am not just happy, I am over the moon. I am talking about very fast testers as well.

IRL
Snetterton - Pro Class doing a 1:54 / AM Class doing a 1:55
Donington - Pro Class doing a high 1:09 / AM Class doing a 1:11

SIM
Snetterton - 1:56
Donnington - Low 1:12

Also, here is a picture of the new Dashboard WIP, taken from a real photo I took while in the car
new_cockpit.jpg

Real Picture
dk_2.JPG

Always gunning for as close as possible, and just to prove, to myself how close this Mod (Ginetta) will be, or can be, I have now done a lap ( or few) and this footage is being sent and scrutinised by an official Ginetta GT4 (British GT), Supercup, Endurance, ROC driver, and ARDS Instructor, for him to give me feedback.

Lets see what happens :confused:
That's pretty awesome. :o

Well yeah, a lot of drivers nowadays, especially younger ones drive simulations at home as well. There's plenty of professional drivers who drive everything from iRacing, Assetto, RaceRoom, rF2, AM, PCARS in private just like we do. It is a great tool to learn circuits, now more so than ever with accurate laserscans. And just letting off some steam without risking anything. =]

Just meant, it's great to get direct feedback from drivers and teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back