Cars Fordmans Revival

Status
Not open for further replies.
Evening All,

Well like all good journey's everything has to come to an end at some point. So what do I mean by this.

1) Ginetta Supercup - Final version should be out in the next day or two, taking on board Community suggestions and also a slight power fix, as after an onboard cam I got, it wasn't quite correct. IRL the lap times for 2017 @ Brands Hatch Indy are 47.198, but the best anybody could manage was a 49. Now, really pushing it, we get a 47.980.

2) Ginetta GT4 - Same GFX changes like above, no power changes

3) Seat Leon Cup - I know seems a long time ago now, but this is now complete, shader improvements, texture improvements, full working MOTEC, Brake Fade, V4 AI, Brake Glow

So all these will be uploaded as FINAL, so hopefully now, that RD use Mods for their racing @Bram @Paul Jeffrey @Eugene Abramoff @Rupe Wilson we will see these appear in the RD Racing Calendar very soon :thumbsup:

Again, thank you all for your following, your help, suggestions, just everything really, but thanks to @After_Midnight , @dreamer and @Guillaume Francois for there continued support, help after all the frustration I have given them.

So what do I do now....well..lets just wait and see shall we ;)

Kindest Regards

Shaun

Looks really good already Shaun, will be interesting too see how yours and the RSS car will compare. Can´t say much for visuals, but for the sound the samples are oscillating quite a bit especially the ones from the front, and some looping clicks here and there ;)

No it's not @IMrIMike , but don't worry, as RSS are working on the F4, scratch made, where mine was based on the Formula K, with all the bells and whistles changes and handles like the British F4, Mygale Chassis, so no point in having 2 versions of the same car?

So after all the videos, and excitement, what did I actually learn today. Well, our Ginetta Supercup is pretty much spot on. Yes they have a new dashboard, and are right hand drive, but everything else we have is what they used today. We have two step (up and down rear aero) and steering ratio, gearing, power, dampers, front wing, splitter, everything is pretty much as they where today, which is fantastic to hear.

The brake temps / fade need a little work, as when I asked what it the optimal brake temps, the mechanics replied, sorry cannot run that fast to take the temperatures when it's up to speed :laugh:

They was a right laugh and giggle lot, but I did get some stats and info.

The biggest one, is the GT4. I got to meet David Pittard who drives in the British GT for Team Hard and drives the Ginetta. We got talking and he drives, IRacing, and we spoke about this, and I gave my reason (not bad I will say) I just told him, a man of your calibar and money, can afford it, and he actually agreed with me, as he said, other actual pro drivers have said the same as I did, it's just to damn expensive for fun, which was so nice to hear, but he is up for testing / trying anything.....YAY I thought.

So there is a new 2017 Spec Car, so I am now trying to get the info for this, so I said, well the journey has finished, as I thought it was, hell no it isn't.

Now with all these extra contacts, this will hopefully be possible, and if, and I mean IF I can ask David to test, that would be amazing, but there is one MASSIVE change that has to be made to make this happen, and its massive.

So I will see what comes of my request, as I am back there in 2wks time so if there is anything more I need, I can get

Regards

Shaun

Hi @wesmcd1978

In all honesty I have been working on this for a while, but as I mentioned, mine is based on the Formula K 3d model, but non of the settings are, where RSS isn't, so I cannot see the point in having 2 x of the same thing.

Since my visit with the Ginetta Team, my dedication has been re-focused on this, as got a hugh update coming, which for a lot of people, esp for cockpit and VR drivers, will make a massive difference.

Regards

Shaun

As some of you that have followed the progress of this mod, there has always been one, and one big issue. The OFFICIAL GEAR RATIOS have never worked, not even for the original creators of this mod, and not for me either....but until now......

I HAVE DONE IT!!!!!

I got home @3pm, and have not stopped, and I have got the Ginetta using the OFFICIAL GEAR RATIOS and final drive where all people before me could not get it to work, because of such low ratios, AC struggled, but I have done it.

It handles like it should, you plant the power down, you will regret it, it's a RWD, you feather that throttle, and it will love you for ever and reward you with fantastic grip and fast lap times.

This is not Beginners car anymore, and I know this will upset a lot of people, but its REAL

It doesn't drive on rails anymore, from front to rear, you have to drive it like its an unleashed animal (this was actually quoted to me at Snetterton), if you unleash it to quickly (warm those brakes and tyres up) it will bit you LOL

Just finishing up a couple of bits, and sending over to the testers

How do I feel about it, I am still smiling, just feels so perfect. It's just so more demanding its more fun, if that makes sense.

Shaun

Last edited:
Maybe give the new one a different name so that those who prefer the old one can keep it as a separate car.
If the new update is current to the model that is used in racing today add 2017 to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 297 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 206 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 200 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 149 7.7%