Cars Fordmans Revival

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Hotdogxx60 I hear what you saying, but people do have the choice of updating, and rolling back to the older version if they wish, that's the great thing about RD, they keep versions and where I have named versions, it's easy to keep track
Due to other updates, I need to think about, how we are going to do this so it doesn't become a right mess, but
It's never been done before in AC, not even Official content so, it will be a learning curve

Shaun

@Hotdogxx60 I hear what you saying, but people do have the choice of updating, and rolling back to the older version if they wish, that's the great thing about RD, they keep versions and where I have named versions, it's easy to keep track
Due to other updates, I need to think about, how we are going to do this so it doesn't become a right mess, but
It's never been done before in AC, not even Official content so, it will be a learning curve

Shaun
You never know some people may like to keep both. Me personally like it as real as it can get outside of the real thing.
:)

Why didn't the real ratios work before?

The Ratios are so low that the car got bogged down. You could not spin the rear wheels up even if you hit the redline and slamming in to first gear. I guess most of the problem was not having the correct power curve, as this need the "grunt" so to speak to get it off the line, or out the pitbox, but without this information available, it was impossible to get correct, until now.

Like I said, it wasn't just me. I spoke to the original creators, both of them including @Daniel.13 and they all said the same, just could not get them to work.

Had some fantastic feedback from the testers. Some question what have I done :laugh:

You turn the car from a very balanced one to a freaking biest.

The car feels much faster driving wise, more agile now. Especially the rear

You've to work for it much harder.

Lets put it this way, I have to turn this "Kitten" in to a raging LION. It's not until you get to see these as close as I did and spend the whole day watching nothing else, looking at official laptimes that you realise, these are no mugs car. For example, 10 laps of testing and the driver got out, sweating, eyes watering you can tell he had a good workout. :D

Below is a WIP FUN video just showing one of the massive updates coming to the Ginetta. As you all know Ginetta is British built car and when I showed video to the Ginetta Teams, the first thing they said was OH, its LHD. IRL Ginetta's are RHD. Now people have got used to the LHD so we took it upon ourselves to have both, in game at the same time, so THE DRIVER can either choose LHD or RHD.

The data.acd for BOTH will need to be uploaded to the server, it's the only way this can work

Also with this massive update, is the power / gears and aero changes, like I mentioned already. So to keep everybody happy, we are introducing a new version.

This will be called Ginetta Supercup2017_RHD and Ginetta Supercup2017_LHD. So if people want to keep the old version they can, but they can also download this without over riding any of the files. ALL SKINS WORK!!.

Release date and more info to follow.

Shaun

Just some screenies
Showroom_ginetta_supercup2017_rhd_15-6-2017-17-38-42.jpg

Showroom_ginetta_supercup2017_rhd_15-6-2017-17-38-57.jpg

Showroom_ginetta_supercup2017_rhd_15-6-2017-17-39-12.jpg

Sorry for the radio silence, I have not had (and still don't) internet at home, there is an external fault somewhere, (thank god for work internet) :thumbsup: and where I live, no 3G or 4G :roflmao:

Been told it will be fixed by Thursday :(

Sorry for the radio silence, I have not had (and still don't) internet at home, there is an external fault somewhere, (thank god for work internet) :thumbsup: and where I live, no 3G or 4G :roflmao:
Welcome in my world! I am offline at home since 16. June. The cable guys found the problem in a switch few houses down the street. Now i am waiting for the excavator to digg for the broken cable switch...hope i am online again till christmas...:poop::(

Hello from the stone age as well
I'm stuck with a phone and half a gigabyte of mobile data until next month. Good thing I have these forums to pass the time!

Hi All,

So where are we at. Well we now have, as you might have guessed a LHD and RHD Ginetta, and we are using 2017 Specs as provided by the teams. We have full real gear ratios, final drive working, although a little slow "out of the box" this is still WIP.

Aero, tyres and Car Inertia needed some work, as well as other fundamental things that I just didn't know about, so I am seriously really pleased to say that @mclarenf1papa has been helping and I cannot thank him enough for what he is doing, and helping me gain more knowledge, as I said, way back when this all started, I have tried to teach myself, and there is things that are just not documented.

Also, we are working on a complete new Dashboard, so that it replicates what is actually in the car today.

Here is a WIP Picture
new_motec_ginetta.png

I am at Snetterton next weekend with Team Hard as a VIP, so I aim to gather more info, more REF photos, as I now have @mclarenf1papa to consult with as well to ask the right questions.

So what about the old Ginetta. This WILL NOT be changed or updated, as people have posted, they like the old version, why not give them access to both, so I listened, and the new version will be named Ginetta_Supercup2017_RHD and Ginetta_Supercup2017_LHD.

I have updated the UI files so it's easy to see the difference and I have all 4 versions running quiet happy in AC.

Why so much detail you ask, it's a free mod?

Yes your right, it's free, and for me and the team it's fun, but also this is as close as it will get, with proper team input. Nothing against PCARS, who have the "Official License" for the car, but they got it so wrong, on a disastrous level, I hope that we can make this as close as possible, so current and future Ginetta drivers can use this as an aid / tool

Like I said, being this close to the team and cars, you soon realise that these don't drive on rails, they are not glued to the track and they are really hard work to drive, these are not beginner cars to drive, they give you a serious work out.

So for me, we had a fantastic model and settings from original creators, and I cannot thank them enough.

I took it to the next level, so it worked in AC, handling aero, and other bits and bobs was all updated, and now, this is taken it to a whole new level, with real team feedback, RHD now as they are IRL, and full motec update, as in IRL.

This will be not everybody's cup of Tea, due to how much more you have to work to keep it on the track, but hopefully, you will appreciate the challenge it brings and it really does make you smile when you nail that lap

Again, thank you all for your support and following

Regards

Shaun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 315 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 216 10.6%
  • < 3 years