Cars Ford Transit 2005 (WIP)

wil thee be a s1 version to? big cool rims and a bit lower ?
Yeah I hope so.

I have the physics more or less ready, though I'll wait till this model is 100% before I start making the S1 (will be minor changes visually anyway).

Its basically the 2004 Mustang Cobra SVT engine swapped in, with a few other tweaks here and there to help it keep up (LSD, sticky rubber, better brakes etc). But really it still has the same suspension geometry, just slightly lowered, which makes it just hilarious to drive.

These are old pics, but this is the rims I will be using (maybe spruce them up a bit), they are from the Mk7 SportVan or whatever its called.

TeCDVgnh.jpg

2q9qKt8h.jpg

Oh I found an old video of it too:

Trying my hand at a bit of damage as well as dirt. Doesn't look great but its the first car I've added it to, will leave it for now and maybe come back to it later. This interior isn't going to finish itself!

NuFbjwCh.jpg

tpqVxuvh.jpg

I imagine it'd take a genuine effort to flip one of those unladen.

An S3 version loaded with cargo might be good for a laugh, now that I think about it...

What do we think, should I include the fully laden Transit as the S1 version? Will that be something people are actually interested in driving or will it just fragment the userbase?

Anyway, I made it, heven't done any testing yet, just verified the numbers are all correct ingame.

Kerbweight 2070kg, weight distribution 58%F, CoG Height 0.770m.
JwxwYpPh.jpg

Max Gross Mass 3325kg, weight distribution 42%F, CoG Height 0.916m.
M6Ol2deh.jpg

Loving this! Looks like it will be good fun. When you release this I expect there will be many many TopGear style nurburgring videos!

S1 version: Fully loaded
S2 version: Mustang engine, lowered as you mentioned above
S3 version: Race version - Lowered more, stiffer suspension, front splitter, 550 GT1 V12 and a big GT1 style wing at the back lol :roflmao:
Joking of course on S3.... or am I?!?;)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea