Cars Ford Transit 2005 (WIP)

How do I get in on that action... I'd probably go with an 2nd gen Safari.

ps. it's hilarious that "90s minivan" is a genre that has FF, FR and MR drivetrain models, if you count VW Type 2 as a minivan then RR as well.

Last edited:
How do I get in on that action... I'd probably go with an 2nd gen Safari.

ps. it's hilarious that "90s minivan" is a genre that has FF, FR and MR drivetrain models, if you count VW Type 2 as a minivan then RR as well.

I know someday I'll do a 3D model of my Previa so, who knows... and yeah there were some cool experiments back in the day, Toyota was one step ahead with this design in the early 90's:

85865.jpg

AWD, mid engine and supercharger sounds like you could be talking about a sports car, but it became this:

toyota-previa-estima-lucida-xr10.jpg

Love my egg van :D

I remember the first time I put one of those Previas on the lift where I used to work and my first reaction was WTF is this all doing back here? I had to do a tranny service on it and with a single post lift it was impossible. Had to end up using the ole pit.

85865.jpg

AWD, mid engine and supercharger sounds like you could be talking about a sports car, but it became this:

I remember some guy on the Locost USA forum planning and starting a car build on that drivetrain, so "Caterham" style lightweight car with all that in it. Don't think he went far with it tho, too much work (and money) needed to get everything working in a car half the size and a third the weight.

Any idea when we could download this beauty, Been waiting since the first time you posted the nurburgring lap back in 2016 :)

No idea. The plan* is to finish the FSAE car since its being built for a customer, then I'll try and move forward with the Focus RS interior and get that done, then its onto the Transit again, which needs a ton of improvements since I last worked on it.

*Plans can change, but this is what I'm hoping will happen.
If I were to make a hopeful guess, I'd say I'll aim to be working on this exclusively before the end of the year, but its impossible to make any promises. But it will get done one day, that I can promise :) (unless I suddenly fall ill or die an untimely death before release :roflmao:)

In all honestly around 6 months ago, that was the plan, to get it all wrapped up and finished for christmas. However, plans changed, I got involved in a few other projects so unfortunately it'll have to wait :unsure:

Until then, have some gifs :)

nBhXNUu.gif

c165xft.gif

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back