Ford Sierra RS500 Cosworth BTCC

Cars Ford Sierra RS500 Cosworth BTCC 2021

Login or Register an account to download this content
This is nothing against the maker of the mod, but I am wondering how many more iterations of the same Sierra model from nine years ago we do actually need, still. There's currently four mods with the exact same model on RD, all of them basing themselves on a prior mod.

Just curious here, again, no ill meaning intended.

I think you should try to do the car not to please the ai but the people who drive it. Modifying physics to make the ai drive better makes no sense since there are already parameters for the ai. If you don't know you should learn, ask people who knows and might wanna help.
Just a thought.

I think you should try to do the car not to please the ai but the people who drive it. Modifying physics to make the ai drive better makes no sense since there are already parameters for the ai. If you don't know you should learn, ask people who knows and might wanna help.
Just a thought.

I'm not as dumb as you think I am. Of course I adjusted the ai parameters, but they didn't help. No point in having a car which the AI can't handle.

Regarding the old 3d model, I only offer one version (there will be no more), and the idea was to provide proper physics and sounds, not rehashed old physics and Kunos' Celica sounds you get elsewhere. If only the 3d model matters, then it is a bit pointless, I agree.

Bad news: The aero tweak didn't solve the myster altogether.

Good news: Removing tire lookup tables did! AI doesn't seem to like them. I have to retweak the tires to suit Kunos default calculations, which isn't that big of a problem since we are not dealing with a high downforce car here.

Btw, now that I have joined the VR camp, I noticed that the timing of rev light and shifting animation needed fixing, so I did those. I also have noticed some holes in textures, but I'll leave that for later, perhaps.

Bad news: The aero tweak didn't solve the myster altogether.

Good news: Removing tire lookup tables did! AI doesn't seem to like them. I have to retweak the tires to suit Kunos default calculations, which isn't that big of a problem since we are not dealing with a high downforce car here.
Would you mind posting an example of the lookup table you were using? The AI shouldn’t have problems unless the LUT has issues.

AadHofman updated Ford Sierra RS500 Cosworth BTCC with a new update entry:

Final update...

...at least with all the skins present and vanilla physics. Smaller, if any, updates from now on.

- Tweaks all around, including suspension geometry (again, doesn't show properly in CM, for some odd reason). Old setups pretty much useless -> my apologies to the Great Moloch of simracing.
- Tire LUTs removed as they caused the AI cars to roll over. Original (higher) center of gravity restored.
- More beer

Read the rest of this update entry...

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes