Ford Sierra RS500 Cosworth BTCC

Cars Ford Sierra RS500 Cosworth BTCC 2021

Login or Register an account to download this content
To put it bluntly, static TOE means nothing.* My imaginary friend Andy Rouse here agrees. ;)

Next update, whenever it will happen, will include Doppler effect for exterior sounds. This I simply forgot to implement last time around.

* in the same vein static camber means nothing -- what happens under load is what really matters

Last edited:
TBH I have to say the car is wiggling again, I actually prefer the previous build in terms of stable steering and 'planted' feel. Not talking about being on throttle, but also when braking it's pretty unstable(?)

This is me in the stock Chong RS500 a few years ago, no sound.
It's a blast and it's very stable even over the limit.

Cheers
Robin

When I do a race with AI at Brand's Hatch, atleast 3-5 cars will all flip at turn 1. All of the AI are in the RS500 BTCC. Is this a common thing?

Hmmm, haven't happened before. I've noticed that with the new default setup the car has more tendency to go on two wheels over some curbs, so this is most propably related. More rebound stiffness could be the solution. I will investigate. Thanks for the report!

At the moment the only thing that keeps AI not rolling over, is a serious reduction of center of gravity. The question is do I want to compromise the physics for the AI?

I'll keep searching for other solutions.

Wanted to add that the AI-rolling the car in corners, which didn't happen with earlier versions is still a mystery to me, with no logical explanation. I tried everything to get rid of it, but only lowering the CoG worked. After that frustrating experience, it was not pleasant to get a 1-star review immediatelly after the upload. I know I have been guilty of releasing too many updates, but that bug was surely worth fixing as soon as possible! Less minor tweaks in the future, but if the car spontaneously combusts or something, I'll try to fix it.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.