Ford Sierra RS500 Cosworth BTCC

Cars Ford Sierra RS500 Cosworth BTCC 2021

Login or Register an account to download this content
AadHofman updated Ford Sierra RS500 Cosworth BTCC with a new update entry:

Return of the Son of Sierra

Last hurrah for this graphically outdated mod, for Custom Shaders Patch (doesn't work with Vanilla).

NOTE: Use FFB-tweaks with CSP, otherwise FFB is way too heavy.

MORE IMPORTANT NOTE: Upload includes acd-file only! Drop it into your Sierra folder. If you don't have the car, but want it (not recommended:p), install previous version first.

- front suspension reconstructed, rear tweaked.
- faster steering
- somewhat stiffer default setup
- minor tweaks here and there

Read the rest of this update entry...

You say, "Fully locked differential (i.e. spool) to save the rear tires as in real life. This will induce turn-in understeer and corner exit oversteer."

Wrong. The differential was invented precisely to avoid dragging the inside wheel (and thus abrading the rubber). The Porsche 935 had so much torque that it tore up differentials (I still have a spider gear missing some teeth sitting on my desktop), so they gave it a spool axle, which meant they had to come in for tires half again as often. You're right about the effect, though. Spools are hell to drive.

You say, "Fully locked differential (i.e. spool) to save the rear tires as in real life. This will induce turn-in understeer and corner exit oversteer."

Wrong. The differential was invented precisely to avoid dragging the inside wheel (and thus abrading the rubber). The Porsche 935 had so much torque that it tore up differentials (I still have a spider gear missing some teeth sitting on my desktop), so they gave it a spool axle, which meant they had to come in for tires half again as often. You're right about the effect, though. Spools are hell to drive.
Locked diffs will behave differently when the less-loaded wheel is under peak slip vs when it is over it. It will scrub the inside wheel in cornering, but will also avoid spinning it in acceleration, which is the more likely of the two to wear tires on a car like that IMO.

Hi and great mod by the way, just in the process of installing it whilst I type this!
PS could you please tell me (or anyone else on here) what is the name of the mod for the rev counter + speedometer you are showing in your screenshots? Any info would be much appreciated! :cool:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.