Flat6 Series by Enduracers and GR

Cars Flat6 Series by Enduracers and GR 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
I had the loose center feeling in this mod as well. I reconfigured my minimum force (Had already done that before when it was still buried inside a text file. Hadn't noticed that the new UI actually displays it, but had also reset it to zero.) and set FFB smoothing to one (lowest above zero).

I am very pleased with the result on my T500 RS. On center feeling is reasonably tight now and I don't feel like I am losing much feel with the minor smoothing. Actually it makes it feel closer to a real car imo because the (street) cars I have driven (including the ones without power steering) did have rather smooth steering wheel response over bumps, probably because a real steering rack has quite a bit of dampening built in by design. I know my power steering equipped daily driver even has a specific, purpose-built steering damper :thumbsup:. But it's not a Flat6 :(. Admittedly non-PS cars have a lot more force in the wheel than even my T500 has, but that's a hardware limitation.

TL;DR: Try the settings in the picture if you have a T500 or try some variation of these if you have another make of wheel. Up the minimum force just enough so you can barely feel vibration when standing still in the car. Don't be afraid to use smoothing, but use it sparsely.
Edit: Now that I think about it, gear driven wheels might need significantly more dampening than belt driven ones like the T500 because they have less of it built-in. So adjust accordingly.

GRAB_009.jpg

Last edited:
I had the loose center feeling in this mod as well. I reconfigured my minimum force (Had already done that before when it was still buried inside a text file. Hadn't noticed that the new UI actually displays it, but had also reset it to zero.) and set FFB smoothing to one (lowest above zero).

I am very pleased with the result on my T500 RS. On center feeling is reasonably tight now and I don't feel like I am losing much feel with the minor smoothing. Actually it makes it feel closer to a real car imo because the (street) cars I have driven (including the ones without power steering) did have rather smooth steering wheel response over bumps, probably because a real steering rack has quite a bit of dampening built in by design. I know my power steering equipped daily driver even has a specific, purpose-built steering damper :thumbsup:. But it's not a Flat6 :(. Admittedly non-PS cars have a lot more force in the wheel than even my T500 has, but that's a hardware limitation.

TL;DR: Try the settings in the picture if you have a T500 or try some variation of these if you have another make of wheel. Up the minimum force just enough so you can barely feel vibration when standing still in the car. Don't be afraid to use smoothing, but use it sparsely.
Edit: Now that I think about it, gear driven wheels might need significantly more dampening than belt driven ones like the T500 because they have less of it built-in. So adjust accordingly.

GRAB_009.jpg
cheers i had an old ui that did not display minimum force ,now it is better

Actually it makes it feel closer to a real car imo because the (street) cars I have driven (including the ones without power steering) did have rather smooth steering wheel response over bumps, probably because a real steering rack has quite a bit of dampening built in by design. I know my power steering equipped daily driver even has a specific, purpose-built steering damper :thumbsup:. But it's not a Flat6 :(
Bit of trivia for you.
These minor changes in real cars make a BIG difference in feel.
The Porsche 911 996 in 1997 had quite an "elastic" well damped feel through the wheel. It was safe and less precise/reactive for the punters but it just felt compared to the incredibly involving 993 a bit like a Mazda.
When creating the 911 GT3 as well as...
Using the dry sump engine from the Lemans winning GT1 instead of wet sump (cost based decision for 996).
Using the Carrera 4 Chassis in stead of 2wd drive chassis as the extra reinforcement at the front made it stiffer.
They replaced all rubber suspension bushings with brass ones. The difference in feel was remarkable. The car didnt vibrate it pulsated.
The GT3 cost about 10% more than a stock 996. Today its worth about triple a similar aged 996 and worth every penny.

It has auto blip. The brake bias is a LOT to the forward in the default setup, added to the fact that it has a engine at the very back of the car, it will be very tail happy.
But it is predictable, as you would expect from a GT spec car, nice mod.

Is it realistic to have the brake bias so much to the forward? I ask out of ignorance. Changing the brake bias made the back not step out during braking and the car fealt much more like I expected it to, much more like a race car.

Is it realistic to have the brake bias so much to the forward? I ask out of ignorance. Changing the brake bias made the back not step out during braking and the car fealt much more like I expected it to, much more like a race car.
You can setup your car in real life so I guess it is realistic. And I wanted to say to the back, just noticed it now:D

I believe realistic in this context means plausibly used by actual racing drivers set up by professional teams. :p
I know, it is possible to do extreme setups, the question is what will be faster.
I haven't tried the mod that much, as I'm waiting more for the endurance mod, so I can't tell if the car is faster with certain brake bias setups.

There is a very good video Niels made about how brake systems work and how they are transferred to racing games.It gives some good info on how it works and all of that.

BUG --- anyone else having an issue with supplied version of Spa? The track side trees are see through [semi-opaque]. Quite an unnerving effect ... should really do a short video to show what's happening :O_o:

Others have different solutions, however had this issue for a while, only thing that solved it was disabling AA and FXAA in game and use Nvidia controls panels AA and FXAA, may work.

With the G27 i struggled the few laps i drove this car.

First off FFB is ultra soft, although it's good in all other cars.
Default brake bias seems completely messed up and the driving
felt unprecise and then just snapped, giving me a floaty feeling like
i had in R3E (maybe still have, haven't checked in quite some time).
Something that i didn't expect to get in a highly praised rF2 mod.

So before my next approach:
Steering lock to 22, FFB up a few notches and min force to 5%?

With the G27 i struggled the few laps i drove this car.

First off FFB is ultra soft, although it's good in all other cars.
Default brake bias seems completely messed up and the driving
felt unprecise and then just snapped, giving me a floaty feeling like
i had in R3E (maybe still have, haven't checked in quite some time).
Something that i didn't expect to get in a highly praised rF2 mod.

I found it fine with my G25, after the real road rubbered in it just felt better and better. As I'm new to rF2 I was amazed at the way the track evolved. Went I went back to my SCE Flat 6 conversion it felt a bit more planted from the off.

Yea that's what I did. I always run with GT cars lock of around 22-23 with a 540' wheel. Bear in mind also that there appears to be some FFB strength tweaks to be made in the tuning of the car itself. So go check out the tuning and you should find it under Power Steering. It has settings from lightest to heaviest or something and the default is very close to the lightest so maybe that'll make a difference. I haven't personally tried it yet.

For me to get the car drivable so far I just pushed the brake bias forward a few clicks and put the lock at 22.

Don't know if i'm doing something wrong or if that's just how Porsches drive,
but even slight movement of the wheel results in the car basically losing all
grip and even in relatively slight bends i have a little steering and then for the
last half i have to countersteer to avoid a spin.

It's like drifting just that it doesn't require lots of steering input.
Initiate corner entry, lose grip, drift through corner and keep wheel neutral
or even countersteer.

Just want to know if this is how it's supposed to be?

Don't know if i'm doing something wrong or if that's just how Porsches drive,
but even slight movement of the wheel results in the car basically losing all
grip and even in relatively slight bends i have a little steering and then for the
last half i have to countersteer to avoid a spin.

It's like drifting just that it doesn't require lots of steering input.
Initiate corner entry, lose grip, drift through corner and keep wheel neutral
or even countersteer.

Just want to know if this is how it's supposed to be?
i think thats called being on the edge ;):D

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back