Cars Files removed on request [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey @Reb.Ellion :) I was doing some laps today on the awesome Boxer cup, and did found this new strange problem with your mod, the leds in the front bumper, it only shows until certain distance, but when is close it just disappears, and they are not showing in the showroom either. Do you have some idea of what can be causing this? cheers Reb

20161215022308_1.jpg

20161215022308_2.jpg

I've tweaked the HDV some more. I can never get enough heat into the rear brakes, so I have changed some things to balance the heating of the brakes out. The temperatures are I think more proportionate to a 60/40 bias split. Tweaked a few other things as well.

When I get chance I need to alter the tyre flat spot as it rattles your fillings out at the moment and a few other bits and pieces.

This car is just what AMS needed.

Please give me feedback and see what you think:)

****removed****

Brake temp test.

Last edited:
Wish I had something to contribute besides thanks, but I'm loving the work everybody in the community is putting into this mod. I can tell you, it is appreciated. Looking forward to the conquering of the flat spot violence! Thanks again.

Wish I had something to contribute besides thanks, but I'm loving the work everybody in the community is putting into this mod. I can tell you, it is appreciated. Looking forward to the conquering of the flat spot violence! Thanks again.

I should get chance to finish off a few bits tonight or tomorrow. The flat spot is one thing and I think the clutch could do with a tweak or two to make it more like the real car, but it is not far off. Hopefully post a update later.

Hope @Reb.Ellion does not mind me tweaking a few things?

It is nice that someone makes the effort to make the physics "better", especially adapts to his own wishes and ideas. But what about me? Is it really interested in you physics gurus if I like what you do with my Mod?
It is nice that someone makes the effort to make the physics "better", especially adapts to his own wishes and ideas. But what about me? Is it really interested in you physics gurus if I like what you do with my Mod? I have nowhere mentioned that this mod is a community project. Actually I wanted to publish the one or other mod here, but ....... :cautious:
Think about it, if it were your mod.

It is nice that someone makes the effort to make the physics "better", especially adapts to his own wishes and ideas. But what about me? Is it really interested in you physics gurus if I like what you do with my Mod?
It is nice that someone makes the effort to make the physics "better", especially adapts to his own wishes and ideas. But what about me? Is it really interested in you physics gurus if I like what you do with my Mod? I have nowhere mentioned that this mod is a community project. Actually I wanted to publish the one or other mod here, but ....... :cautious:
Think about it, if it were your mod.

Okay....... That's the spirit, have a nice Christmas.

Is it not a conversion anyway?

I am accustomed to a forum software warns me before I release a new post. Whether a contribution has been written in the meantime. Unfortunately this was not the case. Our contributions were published almost simultaneously. So now my view is known. This has nothing to do is this a Conversion or not.

I have removed the HDV downloads and will just keep it to myself.

I am not really sure what your getting at maybe lost in translation? But no offence meant, just thought it was decent mod that could be easily brought up to five stars with a bit of effort but if your happy with it crack on mate, I will leave you to it.

Just briefly a PM, if the changes are ok, as they can in an official update.

So just to clarify things you may use the updates if they are okay for you?

I was under the impression you wanted some help due to this post quoted below?

Thanks for the feedback. Unfortunately, my knowledge of physics is severely limited. If someone is here to create a better physics for the mod, Please do it for us.

That was why I was asking for people to test them to see what other people thought of them, I was not trying to hi jack your mod, I appreciate you releasing it for us.

So if I do some more tweaks then send a PM with a link for the file you will test it see what you think and then update the mod?

If that is the case that is fine with me, as we all want AMS to be as good as it can be either with offiical content or Mod's.

I've got to say - the discourse here on RD is usually so civil, cooperative and helpful. I was just at another website and two guys were going at it like eight year old schoolboys.

I would like to thank you again Mr. Ellion for all the contributions you have made to the sim racing community over the years.

FraPP!!!

Rebellion.....brother as far as I'm concerned , you did it! As in made this one kickass car! Man this thing is fun to drive. I just tested out the new V1.03 and the tire wear and other misc handling characteristics are really freakin' good! Tried it out for the past two hours on about 10 different tracks and had a blast! Thank you!

Hope you two get together and work it out, any improvement on a mod is a win win for the community.this mod has real potential if the physics can be polished up a bit. Really looking forward to further updates soon:)

I have given Mr Ellion my updates so far, so it is entirely up to him if he uses it or not, as non of us have actually or will drive this car all tweaks are subjective to a certain extent anyway. I have not really done anything with the handling yet. I do feel there is something amiss with how the rear wheels behave on this car, it feels too stiff especially at the rear and the grip at the rear feels too good for a 80's rear wheel driven car also it seems to just want to understeer in the faster corners, so that maybe something too play around with, I feel a bit more slip would be more realistic and more fun and maybe help the front to bite.

Just to clarify it is no criticism of Mr R Ellion I just like tweaking mods from time to time and I was under the impression he wanted someone to look at it. I feel this car is worth the effort for AMS so I had a look and noticed some anomalies in the physics file. So if he decides to use it great but if not I have done what I was going to do anyway and it is something I enjoy doing so nothing lost on my part.

The changes I have made are.

-Enabling of manual clutch & H pattern gearbox.
-Re-configuring clutch to enable smoother changes up & down.
-Tyre flat spot smoothed out so it does not shake too much.
-Brakes totally reconfigured including temperatures, feel, bite, power distrubution etc.

Last edited:
Hi Reb - following on from my last post, I got the most recent update but see that the front brake heating/cooling imbalance is still there. Again I have to say the car is an excellent job, fun, tricky, great dashboard and noise, but the brake temp issue is stopping me running any proper races in it as after a few laps braking from speed is really hairy as the car pulls to one side badly. I can see the front left and right brake settings in the HDV file are identical so there must be something else doing it?

Appreciate the efforts. Once the rough edges are ironed out on this bad boy it's going to be a go-to car in AMS I think :)

Reb.Ellion updated Toyota Celica GTO 1987 with a new update entry:

Toyota Celica GTO 1987 V1.04

Changelog:
Physic changes by @Lazarou ,Thank you for your help and permission to use the changes.
- Enabling of manual clutch & H pattern gearbox.
- Re-configuring clutch to enable smoother changes up & down.
- Tyre flat spot smoothed out so it does not shake too much.
- Brakes totally reconfigured including temperatures, feel, bite, power distrubution etc.
------------
minor details. Let's see if you notice.

Install in your Steam \ SteamApps \ common \ Automobilista...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back