Ferrari F2002

Cars Ferrari F2002 1.4

Login or Register an account to download this content
locks at the slightest touch of the brakes, G27 with moded brake
Two reasons I can think off that have not been covered by others;
1. You are not running tire blankets and the tires are stone cold and hence have no grip. Either do a few slow laps to build up the temperature of the tires or enable tyre blankets.
2. You are using a setup from before 1.2 it is just a theory at this point but I think using old setups corrupts how the newly added brake pressure setup option functions. So I wouldn't recommend loading setups from before and seeing if the problem persists with tyre blankets enabled and fully default setup.

Hi and thanks for the update!

I actually spend the weekend (on the old version) testing the AI on how many laps it takes them - at 3x Tire Wear - to do pitstops. The results were quite satisfying and allow for offline race where every car pits once in a race under half an hour long (for example: 14 laps of Spa, AI pits between 6th and 11th lap). That's on the old version.

Do you think the pit behaviour / tire wear will be changed a lot now with 1.2?

Edit: Initial observation is that the AI Driver can't handle the player car anymore... wastes tires within two laps. I use the guy to test out race settings (opponent behaviour etc.) so it's not critical, but it's a bit weird that the AI for the player can't drive the car anymore.

Last edited:
Hi and thanks for the update!

I actually spend the weekend (on the old version) testing the AI on how many laps it takes them - at 3x Tire Wear - to do pitstops. The results were quite satisfying and allow for offline race where every car pits once in a race under half an hour long (for example: 14 laps of Spa, AI pits between 6th and 11th lap). That's on the old version.

Do you think the pit behaviour / tire wear will be changed a lot now with 1.2?

Edit: Initial observation is that the AI Driver can't handle the player car anymore... wastes tires within two laps. I use the guy to test out race settings (opponent behaviour etc.) so it's not critical, but it's a bit weird that the AI for the player can't drive the car anymore.
What is your definition of wasted? And how are you measuring it?

Okay, to answer my own questions after some preliminary testing on a laptop (that's why I also like if the AI driver works...)

In my opinion the Tyre Wear now must be off for AI, as they don't pit anymore. 14 Laps at 3x Wear are 42 "real laps", Spa was run for 44 Laps in 2002. With version 1.1 the first AI stops happen on lap 18 which is realistic, and the last happen at about Lap 33 (real life equivalent). AI is using medium compound. With version 1.2 they go 14 laps without pitting (,meaning 42 real life equivalent lap on same set of tires')

This basically means that 1.1 makes for more interesting and also realistic offline race experience since the AI can be forced to have one, maybe even two pit stops within the real life race distance. 1.2 doesn't offer that behaviour anymore :(

What is your definition of wasted? And how are you measuring it?

The AI driver on default car setup, 3x Wear, Tire Blankets no other aids, will have rear tires RED status bar in the second lap at Spa (in-game tire app). He then can't control the car anymore. AI Driver seems to get a lot of wheelspin out of corners, lots of slide corrections/catching. Tires at 180 degrees coming out of corner.

Interestingly as above the opponent AI doesn't have this behaviour, in fact they run full race distance on single set of tires now.

With 1.1 the AI driver didn't wear out his tires that much and the AI did wear out theirs in a realistic manner.

Caveat: For various reasons I'm using 1.5.3 version. Not sure if the latest minor game updates changed tire behaviour that much?

The AI driver on default car setup, 3x Wear, Tire Blankets no other aids, will have rear tires RED status bar in the second lap at Spa (in-game tire app). He then can't control the car anymore. AI Driver seems to get a lot of wheelspin out of corners, lots of slide corrections/catching. Tires at 180 degrees coming out of corner.

Interestingly as above the opponent AI doesn't have this behaviour, in fact they run full race distance on single set of tires now.

With 1.1 the AI driver didn't wear out his tires that much and the AI did wear out theirs in a realistic manner.

Caveat: For various reasons I'm using 1.5.3 version. Not sure if the latest minor game updates changed tire behaviour that much?
This is a game issue. The AI does not pit based on tyre wear anymore. It pits only when it runs out of fuel AFAIK as of 1.5.9 Unfortunately this means they are not smart enough to know to change tyres when they are worn. Also note that the red portion of the bar indicates that the tyre wear is at 96% which is not as bad as the colour suggests.

Oh. I got the wrong end of the stick.

So the issue is that the player AI (activated using ctrl c) does not pit for tyres? But the normal AI opponents do?

Sorry, I'm not being very clear myself... so here's a short summary to give a better picture:

With version 1.1 of the car, game version 1.5.3:
* Player activated AI (CTRL+C) can drive the car reasonable fast and stable, for a full race distance on same set of tires, but will show appropriate wear.
* AI Opponents will pit once or twice during a 14 Lap Race at Spa when Tire Wear is set to 3x.

With version 1.2 of the car, game version 1.5.3:
* Player activated AI (CTRL+C) can't drive the car stable anymore, will slide the tail around a lot, and by lap two the tire bar is half full and red. Then the AI goes spinning out of every second corner.
* AI Opponents will not pit at all for a full 14 Lap Race when Tire Wear is set to 3x.

^Meaning version 1.1. on game 1.5.3 is perfect behaviour if I can't drive full race distances and still want to simulate the pit randomness of a F1 race. And that the tire wear for AI is realistic given the real life endurance of that particular Belgian GP.

Of course the AI driver is just convenient for testing, not necessary; and the AI pitting may indeed be anyway broken in latest game version, so it's a not an issue for the mod then. In my game version however the AI does pit with 1.1 and not with 1.2, which I wanted to point out :)

Thanks for being super responsive to such suggestions; I realize I may be in a minority with the kind of "game mode" I'm creating here.

Sorry, I'm not being very clear myself... so here's a short summary to give a better picture:

With version 1.1 of the car, game version 1.5.3:
* Player activated AI (CTRL+C) can drive the car reasonable fast and stable, for a full race distance on same set of tires, but will show appropriate wear.
* AI Opponents will pit once or twice during a 14 Lap Race at Spa when Tire Wear is set to 3x.

With version 1.2 of the car, game version 1.5.3:
* Player activated AI (CTRL+C) can't drive the car stable anymore, will slide the tail around a lot, and by lap two the tire bar is half full and red. Then the AI goes spinning out of every second corner.
* AI Opponents will not pit at all for a full 14 Lap Race when Tire Wear is set to 3x.

^Meaning version 1.1. on game 1.5.3 is perfect behaviour if I can't drive full race distances and still want to simulate the pit randomness of a F1 race. And that the tire wear for AI is realistic given the real life endurance of that particular Belgian GP.

Of course the AI driver is just convenient for testing, not necessary; and the AI pitting may indeed be anyway broken in latest game version, so it's a not an issue for the mod then. In my game version however the AI does pit with 1.1 and not with 1.2, which I wanted to point out :)

Thanks for being super responsive to such suggestions; I realize I may be in a minority with the kind of "game mode" I'm creating here.
Ok. We cannot do anything about the ability of the AI driver when using ctrl c compared to AI opponents.

The AI do not pit based on tyre wear anymore. We unfortunately can't fix that so unless you set fuel consumption to 3x too it won't work very well.

It's ok. We try to help anyone who can describe their problem with some detail. :)

Okay, so basically the new version changes how the AI behaves in my version, but it would anyway not work in the newest game version to have the pits.

One more reason I'd rather stick with the "downgrade..."

Okay, so basically the new version changes how the AI behaves in my version, but it would anyway not work in the newest game version to have the pits.

One more reason I'd rather stick with the "downgrade..."
Yes pretty much. Apologies. The mod has been set up to work with pitting for tyres but until it has been enabled by the devs we can't do anything.

Do the following:
  • Start the game.
  • Before you start a session, press the brake pedal fully.
  • Make sure tyre blankets are enabled.
If it helps report back please, i do have a modded pedal as well and it works fine.
I have the same problem and the above didn't solve it. 1.5.3 Game version. Locks at a few mm of pedal movement, undriveable sadly.

Would a replay work or do you need some fraps or such? Not sure if the replay stores the inputs?

Can do it later this week, out of gaming time today... No issue with other stock cars or mod cars (ASR Formula F643 for example drives perfect).

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.