Ferrari F2002

Cars Ferrari F2002 1.4

Login or Register an account to download this content
I did some testing on my own server with my race setup. I conclude with the following: Tires have no effect (S,M,H), they all increase in temperature pretty likewise. The grip also seem to have no effect. Tried 97%, 98%, 100% and 90%. The track temperature has a bit of effect, I managed to get my tires too hot (105C) after 5 laps instead of just 4 when I lowered the track to 14C instead of 26C. Minor changes to track temp has no effect. I conclude that if there is nothing wrong with the mod then I need to learn how to careful driving this thing and not just hit the max throttle after every turn.

Last edited:
You are monitoring the wrong temperatures, the game uses practical temperatures, there is no app that displays them for now :) What you see there is the core temperature, and yes it's very stable on all compounds and it's normal.

I see the issue now. After watching most of the 2002 races I realised that the tyres brought by the suppliers to each Grand Prix were mainly driven by the weather. The "softs", "mediums" and "hards" were not like those of today, they were much more similar in traits between compounds than now. The main differentiator was the optimal working range. The teams would use the hards if the temperatures were high and the softs if the temperatures were lower. So if your tires are getting too hot (105C is not too hot) then switch to a harder compound. The optimal working ranges are 90C Softs, 100C, Mediums and 110C Hards.

When I reach "105C" in OV1info is very close to slippery with any compound. Well I'm not the guy to do any discussion on what is real or not. Just reporting my experiences. Are you guys intending to look into this or do I have to change how I use my throttle? :barefoot:

Hello

Do a clean install if you have issues with any part of the mod. It is working in 1.5 if it still fails to work consider validating your AC via Steam.

We are evaluating developments to the car in light of the new patch to AC.

Hello to all who downloaded the mod previously.

Before the 1.2 update drops I would like to make a few points regarding the new physics.

1. Old setups will not work. Do not use them, we cannot fix something if you are using the mod incorrectly. Changes have been made that unfortunately make all setups obselete. That's just how it is. Progress demands sacrifice sometimes :p
2. The very low pressures in the setup screen. Yes they are low but those are cold pressures at ambient temperature. F1 tyres are always in blankets, hot. So as such we would recommend you use blankets for this mod all the time. Due to small issues with AC tyre pressure gain with temperature we have to use lower cold pressures (than we would like) to create the right behaviour at operating speeds.
3. The tyres are designed to work in ambient temperatures 15-25°C and only designed on official tracks. If you use a modded track or use temperatures outside of those ranges it may exhibit slightly odd behaviour. I recommend researching the ambient temperatures at specific Grand Prix's as that is what the mod has been designed on.
4. Regarding tyre optimal pressures and temperatures (you can find them in the ReadMe). Teams did not use tyres like they do in modern F1. Bridgestone brought a compound for a race weekend. If it was hot or the track was abrasive then it would be the Hards. If it was cold or the track was less abrasive then it would be the Softs (Simplified examples). You will not and should not expect to be able to use Softs, Mediums and Hards at every track at any temperature.

btk150 updated Ferrari F2002 with a new update entry:

Update 1.2

Graphics
  • Updated Flames
  • Updated Driver Model Position
  • Updated Driver Helmet Visors
  • Added driver_f2002.kn5 to provide Backward Compatibilty with Skins

Physics
  • Updated Aero Map
  • Added New Tyre Heating Characteristics
  • Updated Optimum Tyre Temperatures
  • Updated Engine Curve
  • Re-intrdouced Camber Grip Gain
  • Adjusted Tyre Grip (based on above)
  • Tyre Pressures now more closely aligned with 2002 Bridgestones allowing for AC's handling...

Read the rest of this update entry...

UPDATE 1.2 IS UP GUYS!

Graphics

• Updated Flames
  • Updated Driver Model Position
  • Updated Driver Helmet Visors
  • Added driver_f2002.kn5 to provide Backward Compatibilty with Skins

Physics
  • Updated Aero Map
  • Added New Tyre Heating Characteristics
  • Updated Optimum Tyre Temperatures
  • Updated Engine Curve
  • Re-intrdouced Camber Grip Gain
  • Adjusted Tyre Grip (based on above)
  • Tyre Pressures now more closely aligned with 2002 Bridgestones allowing for AC's handling of pressure gain with tyre temperature)
  • Added Brake Pressure to Setup
  • Adjusted TC Levels (Reversed; 1 is lowest setting, 5 is highest) and Rate
  • UI Tweaks

Sounds
  • Reworked Pitch
  • Reworked Tyre Skid Sounds
  • Fixed Sound issue where car was using different Sound mods

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.