Ferrari F2002

Cars Ferrari F2002 1.4

Login or Register an account to download this content
@btk150 @Ferrari64
Apologies if this has already been reported but I've encountered a strange issue whereby the AI have no sound above a certain speed or RPM.

Just in a regular race weekend SP mode, the AI drives out of the pitbox producing the 599XX sound (not sure why) and then as soon as the pit limiter is lifted, the engine sound disappears and all that remains is the sound coming from the wind, tyres and a high pitched almost KERS-like sound.

Video:

Edit: Upon further testing, it appears that perhaps there is some sort of incompatibility between the @NeverKrash 599XX sound mod, and the Ferrari F2002 sounds. I just tested a bunch of F2002 AI with zero 599XX's and the AI sound was back to normal, but as soon as I add a 599, all of the F2002's lose their sounds.
It's the KERS working by itself :p

Jokes apart, only Ferrari64 will be able to say what the issue is, but thanks for reporting :thumbsup:

@btk150 @Ferrari64
Edit: Upon further testing, it appears that perhaps there is some sort of incompatibility between the @NeverKrash 599XX sound mod, and the Ferrari F2002 sounds. I just tested a bunch of F2002 AI with zero 599XX's and the AI sound was back to normal, but as soon as I add a 599, all of the F2002's lose their sounds.

Yeah I am aware that multiple Soundmods are not working at the same time. It is a issues which is known for most of the sound modders already. If you are racing the 599X with the NK Sound, the F2002 adopt the sound from the modded car you are driving. It might be possible that NKs sound is a little bit older and isnt fixed. But I can confirm that you shoudlnt have problems with the F2002 and Kunos original sounds.

I did further tests already with my fixed soundmods and I can confirm that it doesnt matter if the sound is fixed in fmod, at the time 2 modded car sounds are on track, any other car adopt the sound from your car you are driving. So only way to avoid that is by delete all modded car sounds and switch back the the kunos originals. There is no way to fix it at the moment. I just can hope for the next AC update.

I hope i was able to help you

Update 1.1 Now Released

Graphics
  • 8K skins are now available to download (Separately);
  • The nose of the car was changed to better represent the real version (modders, you will need to fix your skins);
AmBkwgg.jpg

• Updated Shaders, AO and Specular Map, better reflections;
  • Small change to the steering wheel (Thanks ADStudios Gaming);
  • Added custom lollipops;
  • Changed the LCD display material, should look more natural;
  • Reduced kn5 size by changing how suspension textures works;
  • 3D Collider Slightly Raised.

Physics
  • Updated Aerodynamics (Less CL and more CD at low downforce configurations);
  • Updated Tyre Flex;
  • Added Ability to Flat-spot Tyres;
  • Suspension Tweaks (Minor changes to default setup).

Sounds
  • Fixed Clicking Sound at high speed;
  • Slightly Improved Downshift Sounds.

Last edited:
Hello, I wanted to point out that nothing is displayed on the wheel, I put the files in their place but I have nothing on the wheel. an idea ??

So nice work!! :)
i'd like to say 2 things if possible...

is it possible to add tc sound in global effects of the car? :O i think should be really Amazing
and, for second...other exchances are expected about heat of the tyres? :O

anyway, am enjoin' it! :)

Hey,
TC sound used to work properly on some previous AC version, but some bug was introduced with the 1.3 patch that prevented it from being played properly, nothing we can about that for now.

Concerning tyres, they are actually heating up and down but not by much, it's just tyre apps do no display the proper tyre temperature.

I have a problem with the car. The rear tires seem to get very hot after just 6-7 laps. I use the soft compound. Can anybody suggest how to keep them cooler? I am sure it's not just wear.

What version of assetto corsa are you running?
Try to lower the track temperature, or using a higher level of traction control (ctrl+f)

i am using the latest, 1.4.3. i have full traction control, which is the default (ctrl+t). I've tried level 1/5 and 5/5 and there is no difference. The rear tires are getting very slippery just after a few laps when they pass 105 C in my OV1info. Track grip is 97%, air 22C, asphalt 31C. I've tried Soft and medium tires. I've also tried adjusting diff coast and diff power to no success.

Last edited:
I can only suggest re-downloading the mod. I designed the temps so that the rears wouldn't be more than 10 degrees higher than fronts. Clearly that's a rough estimate but it sounds as if your physics aren't running as intended.

I did a file compare (byte by byte) and I have the exact same files in my assettocorsa\content\cars\ferrari_f2002\ folder as in the Ferrari F2002 V1.1.7z file. So nothing wrong with my setup I think. I might add that I am a league racer and there's nothing wrong with my races on other GT3-cars. I'll ask our admins to try lowering track temp to see if that helps.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 388 16.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 262 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 251 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 183 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 309 13.0%