Fernando Alonso

For me Ferrari works quite logic on that... when first half of the season ends, the one with lest chances to win the championship it's number 2, and has to take care only of help number 1 and make constructors points.

For me Ferrari works quite logic on that... when first half of the season ends, the one with lest chances to win the championship it's number 2, and has to take care only of help number 1 and make constructors points.
I think most teams work like this except that some i think will wait until the other person has no chance to win the title.
Mclaren i would guess would do something like this because they both are champions.

I really like Alonso...guy is the ultimate package at the moment and has been quietly for some time now....,but the time has come for Fernando to show what he is really made of and if he will trully be a great champ in the history of F1.....what i'll be looking for in the remaining races is whether the Spaniard will crack under pressure and lose the championship(providing the car stays on the pace) like he almost did back in 06 ,but he didnt thanks to a blown engine at Suzuka and some certain Ferrari boss who wanted someone holding an ice cream in his driver line up the following year:p

Fernando has a tough road ahead of him..im most concerned with Lewis because the McLaren's been awfully fast this year and Hamilton doesnt feel like its his fight to lose,so i expect the brit to be very strong in the remaining races. Sebastien is obviously always a massive treat and he can easily overhaul the point differential if the car allows him.Kimi is in great form this year but i wonder if he has the edge just yet ,being away from F1 for a few years and all...maybe not this year for the Iceman
I got my fingers crossed for Nando...its 2007 all over again,with alot of '06 as well...hehe

I always felt Fernando was a little too gloaty, especcially at his rivals' demise. E.g- Schumacher at Suzuka '06, he passed the engine-less Ferrari and celebrated. But in recent times I feel that he has matured and become an allround better racer, particularly since he joined the Scuderia in 2010

Ever
I always felt Fernando was a little too gloaty, especcially at his rivals' demise. E.g- Schumacher at Suzuka '06, he passed the engine-less Ferrari and celebrated. But in recent times I feel that he has matured and become an allround better racer, particularly since he joined the Scuderia in 2010

Probably he was under much pressure as he had two DNF for pure bad luck in the races before.

Everybody remembers Ferrari's blow off at Suzuka, but trends to forget about this (Monza, 2 races before Schumi blow off):

And this four races before due to a mechanics error in rear-right wheel in the pitstop:

After doing this, which was one of the best momments of F1:

It's funny, because there is kind of selective memory when looking back to the seasons Alonso got WDC :)

I was cheering for Ferrari at the time as usual, so I in fact celebrated this :D

Jesus! that was a good piece of video. I remember that battle. Never saw it from the onboard though...till now.The Ferrari was almost sideways...twice. That's some 'serious' car control. This musical editing really matches this video. Great job. I could watch this over and over without getting tired of it. These guys are super skilled.

Jesus! that was a good piece of video. I remember that battle. Never saw it from the onboard though...till now.The Ferrari was almost sideways...twice. That's some 'serious' car control. F1 pilots are super skilled.
i agree with you on that one i thought for sure he was going to lose it but he kept going like nothing happened

Ever

Probably he was under much pressure as he had two DNF for pure bad luck in the races before.

Everybody remembers Ferrari's blow off at Suzuka, but trends to forget about this (Monza, 2 races before Schumi blow off):

And this four races before due to a mechanics error in rear-right wheel in the pitstop:

After doing this, which was one of the best momments of F1:

It's funny, because there is kind of selective memory when looking back to the seasons Alonso got WDC :)

I was cheering for Ferrari at the time as usual, so I in fact celebrated this :D
yeah i understand now, but i never saw Schumi celebrating as he went by the stricken Renault, even though he may have been smiling in his helmet ;)

I really like Alonso...guy is the ultimate package at the moment and has been quietly for some time now....,but the time has come for Fernando to show what he is really made of and if he will trully be a great champ in the history of F1.....what i'll be looking for in the remaining races is whether the Spaniard will crack under pressure and lose the championship(providing the car stays on the pace) like he almost did back in 06 ,but he didnt thanks to a blown engine at Suzuka and some certain Ferrari boss who wanted someone holding an ice cream in his driver line up the following year:p

Fernando has a tough road ahead of him..im most concerned with Lewis because the McLaren's been awfully fast this year and Hamilton doesnt feel like its his fight to lose,so i expect the brit to be very strong in the remaining races. Sebastien is obviously always a massive treat and he can easily overhaul the point differential if the car allows him.Kimi is in great form this year but i wonder if he has the edge just yet ,being away from F1 for a few years and all...maybe not this year for the Iceman
I got my fingers crossed for Nando...its 2007 all over again,with alot of '06 as well...hehe

Bad Q day for Fernando.:O_o:...i wonder if the pressure is starting to build on him

Q: (Andy Benson - BBC Sport) Fernando, Lewis is moving teams next year. You've been his teammate, what can Nico expect? What's it like having Lewis as a teammate?

FA: I think it will be fine for him, it will be a good challenge at Mercedes, and as a teammate, I think he will be very strong, so Nico will have some extra work to do. After three years with Michael, I think Nico keeps learning many things and another tough challenge with Lewis will arrive. I think they will be very strong. I think Nico and Lewis together, with the Mercedes, they can be serious contenders for next year. In the future, who knows, but I have a lot of respect for Lewis. I always said that he's probably the best or one of the best here. I shared a year with him, it didn't work too well because maybe we were not sharing the same philosophy but without McLaren, why not?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back