Fernando Alonso

Yeah just read it too. His manager said his crash was due to the winds but that's not the case since they have advised him not to take part in the GP.

Now put logic into it, why the lies?

He fell unconscious 100%! More like 110%. The question now is, what triggered that and is he able to drive again or when he will, what is the danger and the chance of that happening again?

This is serious :S

This is a quote from Headway regarding recovery from concussion.

The general conclusion seems to be that the vast majority of people who experience a minor head injury make a full recovery, usually after 3-4 months. However there is a very small sub-group whose recovery is not so good.

Truth is, everyone probably has a pet conspiracy theory that they are sure about... IMO in this case the conspiracy theory is probably untrue.

Another possiblity is that the Mclaren is so bad that Alonso refuses to drive it until they have fixed all the problems with it... :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Doctors advised against it as two concussions in such a short amount of time can cause serious damage. So it doesn't really matter WHY he crashed.

Although Alonso himself demands a full and thorough investigation of the crash from McLaren and the FIA. Knowing him he could simply have refused to step foot in this car again, until this is done.

Times have changed.
I remember a Martin Brundle story.
He got concussion in an incident in warmup.

When asked he said " yep I'm fine to drive"
but then added
"What track are we at?"

Uhhh... Wtf?
I don't know the degree of BS in that, but according to a spanish newspaper Alonso right after the accident told the doctors, that he races go-karts and he wants to be a Formula 1 driver in the future... His memory came back a few days later... :O_o:
It sure fits in the whole weirdness of the situation and would explain the cautiousness around him.

EDIT: Translation for the lazy :p

From BBC:
"Alonso was in a confused state when he regained consciousness, to the extent that he did not know he was a Formula 1 driver or why he was in the car."

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/formula1/31732315

It's not uncommon to have a amnesia when suffering from a concussion. I was involved in a car accident in 2000, hit my head (but not very hard), I still to this day cannot recall much from the hours prior to the crash, not even getting in the car, just small fragments but I'm not sure if I'm remembering or if my brain is fabricating these memories based upon what I've been told by others, the first few days after the crash I didn't remember anything of it.

I still to this day cannot recall much from the hours prior to the crash
Yeah, hours. If that Spanish newspaper isn't exaggerating (which is HIGHLY unlikely for journalists ;)), then Alonso didn't remember YEARS - he thought it was 1995.
Oh, well, seems like he's fine now, but the whole situation is freaky :alien:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 132 13.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 103 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 95 9.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 71 7.1%
  • < 5 years