Fernando Alonso

I would be very suprised if Hamilton and Mercedes are fighting for the championchip next year.
MGP are imo still having the same problems as in 2010: development ist to slow and the car is eating up its (rear)tires.
Is see no reason why we would see a much diffrent picture as the 2013 cars should all be just evolution of the 2012 cars. Maybe they are closer to Lotus again, but I really don't expect much from them.

Some more regarding the ALO HAM in 2007.
Interesting quote from Hamilton which again, further strengthens the situation that they were actually treated equally. A bit too equally for their own good.

Ron [Dennis] had told me: 'Don't be surprised if you're 0.5sec slower than Fernando [Alonso]', and I just smiled because I knew it wouldn't be the case. But, even so, that year was very hard, for many reasons.
http://totalf1.com/full_story/view/438289/Hamilton_says_McLaren_goodbyes/

Some more from F1T about their Q3 runs and how Mclaren dealt with it,

I am quite sure I read back then, that Alonso and Hamilton alternated between starting Q3 first in 2007. I believe that this was said during all the discussions about Alonso's penalty after qualifying in Hungary. I would like to emphasize the following statement from the race stewards:

At the commencement of the third period of the Qualifying practice it had been agreed within the Vodafone McLaren Mercedes Team ("The Team") that Fernando Alonso would leave the pit exit ahead of Lewis Hamilton in order to benefit from the possibility for purposes of fuel burn allowance of being able to complete an additional lap.
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/61373

Hamilton ignored this agreement and went in front of Alonso, and he also ignored repeated requests over the team radio to let Alonso pass. The reason why I mention this is that Hamilton had been faster than Alonso in Q2 (and he was also leading the championship at the time), but he still was asked by the team to yield position to Alonso. Hamilton did a lap of 1:19.301, while Alonso did 1:19:661. So the claims that McLaren decided who should run first in Q3 based on Q2 times do not seem to be correct.

I don't know if the Q2 times is a good measure of the driver's performance back in 2007. I would actually think that the Q3 times gives a better idea, especially under normal circumstances when we could see how much fuel they had been carrying based on when they made their first stop. Q2 was usually no concern for the McLaren (and Ferrari) in 2007, as they usually had a margin of at least 1 second to the 11th fastest driver. I am sure there would be some correlation, as an excellent driver would still be faster than a mediocre driver. But I think this correlation would be greater in Q3 than in Q2, so I don't really see the point of looking at the Q2 times.

Was never done based on Q2 times, was done, like I said many times, just alternating. Hamilton violated Alonso's turn and that's why the team asked him to back off.

A Ron Dennis quote, the man that made Alonso will to leave McLaren, doesn't have much value from a neutral perspective to be honest.

After watching the Season Review of BBC . I think Alonso became very strong in 2012 after his Win in Valencia. He came charging through the Field and got awarded with the Alternator Failure of Vettel to have a Victory. I wasn't saying he was not strong before that. But it boosted his Confidence levels that he can go for it and He started Pushing him self to absolute Limit. Kudos to Alonso for that.

I can't really understand why they let Perdo drive the car. Maybe he needs to get a feel for the real car in order to do better work in the simulator, but since there is so little testing time until Melbourne I would let the main drivers drive the car as much as possible.

I can't really understand why they let Perdo drive the car. Maybe he needs to get a feel for the real car in order to do better work in the simulator, but since there is so little testing time until Melbourne I would let the main drivers drive the car as much as possible.

I think the early tests are not very challenging for anybody. First day they will likely start-stop-start-stop. Then test all the buttons. Then test if the wheels steer. Then roll around on 1st gear. Etc.

Alonso is incredible at working a bad car.... thank god he has a good one this year....
that doesnt make him the best driver ever, otherwise Hamilton would be the second in the world and thats not gonna happen. Prost was the smartest, Schumacher was best with his equipment and with working out a race strategy, Senna "Best of the lot"- Frank Williams.

that doesnt make him the best driver ever, otherwise Hamilton would be the second in the world and thats not gonna happen. Prost was the smartest, Schumacher was best with his equipment and with working out a race strategy, Senna "Best of the lot"- Frank Williams.

no1 ever said the best one "ever" there will never be one since all cars are not the same. This "ever" would be validated to anyone if F1 stayed 100% the same, 100% same tires, car specs, car downforce, 100% literally everything in F1.

which is not, which you can only say about best driver of for example "2009 to 2013" the era of large front wings and tall and short rear wings or something like that...

For example Ayrton would be the best driver of his era in the time period of his F1 car specs. Then it started changing with Schumacer little by litte, you draw the line there.

no1 ever said the best one "ever" there will never be one since all cars are not the same. This "ever" would be validated to anyone if F1 stayed 100% the same, 100% same tires, car specs, car downforce, 100% literally everything in F1.

which is not, which you can only say about best driver of for example "2009 to 2013" the era of large front wings and tall and short rear wings or something like that...

For example Ayrton would be the best driver of his era in the time period of his F1 car specs. Then it started changing with Schumacer little by litte, you draw the line there.
The guy that siad something in the first place said "best driver in history"

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back