Feldbergring

Tracks Feldbergring 1.4

Login or Register an account to download this content
Superb work guys! But should the entry for feldberg in the wet_config file be spelt as "feldberg" and not "felberg"? And should it also include cobbles and footpaths so it looks like:

[feldberg]
MATERIALS = road?, edges, cobbles, footpath

Yes @Andy68, as I just wrote on the discord channel:
corrected feldberg wet road adj (thanks @Andy68, I had uploaded a wrong file and with a typo too! cobbles and footpath are in the curbs section because of different reflections) . put it in "apps\python\BLMLights\settings"
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/465820035760390145/498792382993661973/wet_config.blm

feldberg_3_wet_on.png

Thanks Andy68 for for pointing that out

Thank you for this lovely track. I love vintage racing and can't wait to make some races on this one. BUT could you possibly add 8 more pits, to get a full 32 car grid? Pretty please with sugar on top :-D

Thank you for this lovely track. I love vintage racing and can't wait to make some races on this one. BUT could you possibly add 8 more pits, to get a full 32 car grid? Pretty please with sugar on top :-D

it already has 36 grid slots bro, you must be running an old version.

I'm in love with this great track, so thank you very much for this one!

Unfortunately the AI drives very poor in a few places so it's no sense driving against them.

There are a few flat out corners, where the AI brakes, sometimes due to a bad racing line.

If someone could remake the AI, this would be greeaaaaat!

.../...Unfortunately the AI drives very poor in a few places so it's no sense driving against them.
There are a few flat out corners, where the AI brakes, sometimes due to a bad racing line.

I don't have the same experience. Must add that I only drive classic cars on this track and I had some really great races.

Ok - I haven't noticed any problems personally, but I can take a look for you @Reik Major

Could you tell me your race settings that cause the problem? car / AI strength / AI aggression

I had a couple spots where the MX5 cup AI was very slow. 100% AI strength and I believe 90% aggression.

Once again my compliments for this track. It is stunning at sunrise with the new SOL mod. Thank you for your epic contribution.:notworthy:

You're welcome, and thank for the feedback.

I must admit, I have never used anything higher than 50% aggression for the AI (you must be a much better driver than me :roflmao: ), but I will certainly test with your settings and see if I can improve the AI line at all.

I haven't tried it with Sol yet as I only tend to use the current track I am working on at the time (in this case, Deutschlandring). The lighting effects look great, and with so many nice buildings dotted around the track, I think I may have to revisit this track at some point and add some lighting features.

I had a couple spots where the MX5 cup AI was very slow. 100% AI strength and I believe 90% aggression.

Once again my compliments for this track. It is stunning at sunrise with the new SOL mod. Thank you for your epic contribution.:notworthy:
You could give these AI files a go and see if they help. The AI still struggle with the 2 hairpins and will rear end each other at the bottom of the village but they have some extra pace (in the cars I tested)
20190201182033_1.jpg

Open the .RAR and find the corresponding files in your Feldberg install. Rename the original files so you can switch back to them if you want to and then add these new files.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/3i5etvl1s2of720/feldberg_new_AI.rar/file

Ok - I haven't noticed any problems personally, but I can take a look for you @Reik Major

Could you tell me your race settings that cause the problem? car / AI strength / AI aggression

I always use 100% strength, 40% aggression and 1% variation. So far I have taxed against AI with BMW 235 and GT3s. With the BMW 235 I was a few seconds faster.

In general the AI is ok but in a few corners not. When leaving the village after a few flat corners, there's a left hand flat kink. The AI brakes there. Or the flat out left hand kink before the steep falling tight right hander. I take it flat b it the AI brakes it hard. And the GT3s overshot that right hander sometimes. Then comes a full left and then a left, where I have to lift and coast. The AI takes it much slower. Also the next right hand kink...

Please don't think I'm moaning. Just mentioning it, hoping that this aspect also reaches perfection.

I don't have the same experience. Must add that I only drive classic cars on this track and I had some really great races.

Which cars are competitive for you there. I also drive classic cars, if they provide a good challenge.

You could give these AI files a go and see if they help. The AI still struggle with the 2 hairpins and will rear end each other at the bottom of the village but they have some extra pace (in the cars I tested)
View attachment 289481

Open the .RAR and find the corresponding files in your Feldberg install. Rename the original files so you can switch back to them if you want to and then add these new files.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/3i5etvl1s2of720/feldberg_new_AI.rar/file
Great! Will test it asap...

Great! Will test it asap...
Don't expect wonders. It is the nature of the track and the AI in AC are generally a bit slow anyway. Even more so in the classic cars. The Lotus 49's are now doing 47's in a long Q but IIRC I was doing 36's in the 312/67. They will still brake in plenty of places they don't need to. Of the classic race cars in AC they seem to cope quite well with the T70 mod. The cars they struggle with most that I can think of are the GTA, 908, 330P4, 718 RS60 and 312/67.

The 718 RS60 is one of my favourite cars to drive, but the AI are hopelessly slow at so many tracks :(

Thanks for taking the time to look at an alternative AI line for me, @Andy-R (this great guy has also been working on my Deutschlandring AI too :thumbsup: )

Which cars are competitive for you there. I also drive classic cars, if they provide a good challenge.
I have (for all cars) AI at 100% and aggression varying from 65-90%. AI in AC is not the fastest, so I always start in last position.
There is mostly a pile up in the first left hander when leaving the village. I always stay behind them to watch :laugh:
But after that it's mostly OK.
It's been a while since I raced at this track (lately mostly hotlapping), but I remember some nice races with:
- Porsche 718 RS 60 spider
- Porsche 911 Carrera RSR 3.0 (AC Legends version)
- Alfa 33 Stradale
- Alpine A110
And some more I'm not even sure of right now... ah yes, there's that Honda s800 that works fine too...
You'll see no open wheelers, since I'm not a big fan... ;)

It's not hard to beat AI, but it is imo not the track to blame, since that's the case for all tracks (bar a few exceptions where some car/track combo's seem to be rather fast.

Hey David!

Don't know if this has been reported as I'm too lazy to browse through 20+ pages at this hour. Mesh must be higher up than the visible road on the outside of the last right hander before the straight. No biggie as it's nowhere near the racing line.

Screenshot_bo_singer_feldberg_16-11-119-19-49-2.jpg

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea