Resource icon

Apps fairracing - minimum stoppage time for driver swaps 0.8.5.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
yes, I opened all ports and did the forward to my pc running fairracing software, and it still doesn't work.
By the way, I tried some "nc" commands on linux to see if ports are opened and listening on stracker proxy, and it fails. I will ask my question on stracker now. Thank you for your help !

Did you get integration with either Substanding or ACTV included so it could use drivers.xml? I tried Substanding, and it doesn't seem to work, unless I need to place the drivers.xml file somewhere?

I had a working version of substanding last year, but it wasn´t published. It´s on my list for the new version. Tomorrow i will have a look at it. Currently i am testing a few things to make sure the app is working. Then i will add more features.

Reactions: TTC
You have a standing too for separate categories? y only new about Substanding on racedepartment. How you going with the test of this app? can i help you?

Currently i have the standing not ready, but i will start this weekend. The last few days i made a lot of rework and i still need to refactor some code. When this is done i will continue with integration of features.

It´s important for me to have a good base version we can start with. The tool will be useless if there are a lot of problems with the base functionality.

Just for interested readers here is my current testlog. As you can see work is going on and we are close to an initial release.

[ok] - detection of pitstatus
[ok] - pitstops:
[ok] - pitstop with minimum time
[ok] - number stops ++
[ok] - number stops with minimum time ++
[ok] - pitstop without minimum time
[ok] - number stops ++

[ok] - driverswap:
[ok] - leave server and join again
[ok] - leave server and join with another driver
[ok] - number stops ++
[ok] - number stops with minimum time ++
[ok] - number swaps ++
[ok] - number swaps_valid ++
[ok] - when swap but no minimum time log this event
[ok] - bug: pit exit after rejoin and time is over no message that stop was ok
[ok] - bug: when stop with swap too short and next stop is a stop without swap and without minimum time wrong message is sent

[ok] - penalties:
[ok] - award a penalty for speeding
[ok] - serve a penalty
[ok] - get a penalty and perform a normal pitstop
[ok] - when serving penalty and speeding again award the penalty again

[ok] - send chat messages that countdown looks better

[ok] - __repr__ for team class

[td] - consistent logging
- timestamp
- car_id
- team_name
- message type

[td] - send drivernames via chat
- new driver gets all names
- all other connected drivers get only the new name
- chat command for request drivernames

Gallow24 updated fairracing - minimum stoppage time for driver swaps with a new update entry:

fairracing is now ACEndurance

Hi Endurance-Fans,

in the last couple of weeks i rewrote the fairracing app in python and decided to rename the program to ACEndurance.

This is the initial release of the tool and there are a few things to do. Maybe the community can help. Feel free to continue development und help me to improve the tool. We can add cool new things.

Till now documentation is missing, but i wanted to publish the tool now and i will add this in the next days.
You can test the program with brands hatch...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I will give this ago. I was actually testing the previous version last night in preparation for a race I am hosting, everyone said it worked really well. One caveat to this is I suppose is that I need to install Python on my server, currently something I don't have right now.

Somewhat related, are you aware of any real-time in-game apps that track position and lap count correctly after a driver swap? The built-in AC relative app and custom apps such as ACTV don't work correctly. When a new driver joins, lap count is back to 1. Only the default leaderboard apps (F9 or built-in app) do it, but they only update when a lap is completed.

Somewhat related, are you aware of any real-time in-game apps that track position and lap count correctly after a driver swap? The built-in AC relative app and custom apps such as ACTV don't work correctly. When a new driver joins, lap count is back to 1. Only the default leaderboard apps (F9 or built-in app) do it, but they only update when a lap is completed.

I am aware of this issue. In the past i fixed this by a chat message and the timing app reacting on that. I will take a look at this in the next weeks.

I'm using substanding mod of racedepartment for multiclass version, but it display well btw don't tried with the driver swap, maybe can have the same problem. TAB keyboard button display okay the laps anyw.

Hello,

I have a question about the new version (source code) how can I start the for Windows Server ? I don't know how to program the app but somehow the .exe file is missing to start the app under Windows.

How do I get the .exe to test the new version ?

Best regards
Stefan

Hi Stefan,

this is a python script which has no .exe. First you have to install python on your machine. Download it from python.org

Then copy the whole sourcecode to your computer and extract the zip file.
gitlab.png

Then go to console (run with admin permission) and type in: pip install lxml
This is important, because this installs a library which i use to read xml configuration files.

Now you can launch the ACEndurance program. In console navigate to the folder which contains the ACEndurance.py file. Then type: python ACEndurance and hit Enter.

Here you can find more information about how to run a python script: https://realpython.com/run-python-scripts/

In the future this will become a bit easier i think.

The program needs no exe file, but I can deliver a batch file to run the program and I will take a look at lxml library. Maybe I will add it to the project source or I will swap to a standard lib.

Ok I have installed Python 3.8.3 and tried to use the console to enter the command pip install lxml but there is always the error message that this command does not exist or is misspelled :(

Unfortunately english is not my language which makes it really hard for me so the version with the exe was a simple version for Windows Server users :)

best regards
Stefan

Ok I have installed Python 3.8.3 and tried to use the console to enter the command pip install lxml but there is always the error message that this command does not exist or is misspelled :(

Unfortunately english is not my language which makes it really hard for me so the version with the exe was a simple version for Windows Server users :)

best regards
Stefan

Hi Stefan,

wie ich sehe kommst du aus Österreich. Daher kann ich dir gerne auch per PN weiterhelfen. Melde dich einfach, wenn du nochmal Hilfe benötigst.

mmm tried to execute the python, but says something about the asci codes. Just downloaded it and tried on linux

Captura de pantalla de 2020-05-18 23-26-59.png

Maybe i have bugs somewhere? don't know, i didn't touched the code.... not the expert in python xDDD i installed the library with pip and tried.

Captura de pantalla de 2020-05-18 23-32-44.png

Maybe is the python version, or you missclicked the encoding specification utf-8?

mmm tried to execute the python, but says something about the asci codes. Just downloaded it and tried on linux

View attachment 374166

Maybe i have bugs somewhere? don't know, i didn't touched the code.... not the expert in python xDDD i installed the library with pip and tried.

View attachment 374167

Maybe is the python version, or you missclicked the encoding specification utf-8?
Please use python 3.6 or higher.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea