F1 2016 Modding Requests Thread

baku trackside banners, please :rolleyes:
image2.img.2048.medium.jpg

I know I asked that a few Times. But would someone made the blue of Sauber to red, the yellow from the Sponsor to a black or a white?

It doesnt matter if the Alfa Romeo Logo is on it or not, but I want a the Sauber in this Colours to made a new Career on the Alfa Romeo Team and made Youtube-Videos.

That would be so great if someone would made finaly this.

hi i know this might be a noob question but is there tutorial on how to mod handling on cars? the only reason i ask is because even on the amateur setting i still can't win with mercedes :cc

Cockpit view: can you make it move around like PCars? It looks like cartoons with no depth of view. I remember after playing PCars for an extended time, I went back to F1 2013 just because I love the sound. But I realized how much the driving experience in F1 2013 lacked compared to PCars. I don't expect the cars in both games to behave the same but the static appearance in F1 2016 makes it feel far behind. PCars.

A better strategy for all the teams, it has happened only after the intervention of the safety car many good teams like mercedes or ferrari go to the pits and loose a lot of time while background grid teams takes the lead thanks to a better strategy (for my last case Danil Kvyat won the Belgian GP and Mercedes are 10th and 12th despite a pole position) . This is not at all realistic, but I don't know if you can change something...
Comment this if you agree or have an idea to solve this problem...
Thank you in advance and have a nice day ! ;)

I know I asked that a few Times. But would someone made the blue of Sauber to red, the yellow from the Sponsor to a black or a white?

It doesnt matter if the Alfa Romeo Logo is on it or not, but I want a the Sauber in this Colours to made a new Career on the Alfa Romeo Team and made Youtube-Videos.

That would be so great if someone would made finaly this.
You can make that yourself :p

How would we do that?
Maybe this? :p
How to mod F1 2016 - Walktrough

Hey guys, so I just found out that it is still possible to mod skins and colours of car liverys or something else of the game.
This Walktrough should help you, to learn how to export and import your mods into the game and make them work.

What do I need for modding?

- a graphic design program .. for example Photoshop
- the actual Ego ERP Archiver, you can find it here:/http://www.petartasev.com/modding/ego-engine/erp-archiver/

Let us say, we want to edit the car paint of the Ferrari livery. This walktrough should work also for the other graphic content like decals, umbrellas etc. This is just an example.

Let's start

1. searching for the file

So we first need the ferrari.erp file, which we have to find first. This file is located in this path:
/F1 2016/asset_groups/f1_2016_vehicle_package/teams/ferrari/wep
There you have the ferrari.erp file. ((((Make a backup of the original one!))))
View attachment 149264

2. open the .erp file and export the graphic

Now you need the ERP Archiver to open up your ferrari.erp file. Once you are in the ERP just click on "File" > "Open", then open up your ferrari.erp file. Once it is loaded, there should now show up a lot of content. The file we need is called "ferrari_paint.tga". If you found it click on it, then click on "Archive" > "Export Texture". Export the "ferrari_paint.tga.dds" to a place you want, for example the Desktop. Leave the ERP Archiver open in the background.
View attachment 149271

3. editing your graphic file

So now it is your turn. Open the "ferrari_paint.tga.dds" with a program like Photoshop and edit it the way you want. Once you have done that, save it. ((((It has to be the same format, in this case .tga.dds!))))

4. import the "ferrari_paint.tga.dds" back to the "ferrari.erp"

Go back to your ERP Archiver and click again on "Archive" > "Import Texture", and select your "ferrari_paint.tga.dds".

View attachment 149272

5. save

Once you have done that, you are nearly ready to play. The last step is to save the ferrari.erp. Just click on "File" > "Save".
View attachment 149273

6. Have fun :)

I hope this walktrough helped you to getting better into the modding of this game.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.