F1 2016 Modding Questions Thread

NOTICE: Before I get into the reason I'm here, please ignore my cringe name. I was young (ish) when I made this account and I can't seem to alter it.

I'd like to know how to alter the driver and team names. I'm not sure how, could some give me some advice? Cheers.

NOTICE: Before I get into the reason I'm here, please ignore my cringe name. I was young (ish) when I made this account and I can't seem to alter it.

I'd like to know how to alter the driver and team names. I'm not sure how, could some give me some advice? Cheers.
Have a not very subtle plug

Guys, I don't like the fact that my career helmet model doesn't have a spoiler in the back... Does anyone know how to link that helmet to a different game model? Help would be deeply appreciated.

Thanks!!!
Guys in response to my own question in case anyone is interested, you can have any driver's helmet model with any kind of spoilers in career mode...
In Ego ERP archiver you need to open incardriver.erp and the the same way you change driver heads (
). For each team you play with you need to change the respective career driver model... Soooo, if you play career with ferrari you go to resources and replace "career_ferrari.idf?model" and "career_ferrari.idf?render" with the driver model you want. If you want Kimmi you replace it with "kimi_raikkonen.idf?model" and "kimi_raikkonen.idf?render", but you will find two of each, so you chose the one wich uniform resource identifier is the one located in "drivers" and not the one in "heads".

I got this on career:
RR sf 52.jpg

Cheers guys I hope I helped.

Guys in response to my own question in case anyone is interested, you can have any driver's helmet model with any kind of spoilers in career mode...
In Ego ERP archiver you need to open incardriver.erp and the the same way you change driver heads (
). For each team you play with you need to change the respective career driver model... Soooo, if you play career with ferrari you go to resources and replace "career_ferrari.idf?model" and "career_ferrari.idf?render" with the driver model you want. If you want Kimmi you replace it with "kimi_raikkonen.idf?model" and "kimi_raikkonen.idf?render", but you will find two of each, so you chose the one wich uniform resource identifier is the one located in "drivers" and not the one in "heads".

I got this on career:View attachment 201509

Cheers guys I hope I helped.
You are a legend!
But there is a small problem because I'm driving for Ferrari in career and I put Massa's helmet 3d model on my but the ferrari sponsors on gloves appear on places where they would be in Williams. Any solutions or I can choose only between models from Ferrari?

You are a legend!
But there is a small problem because I'm driving for Ferrari in career and I put Massa's helmet 3d model on my but the ferrari sponsors on gloves appear on places where they would be in Williams. Any solutions or I can choose only between models from Ferrari?

I have never tried it with any model other than the drivers of the same team... Right now I can't find a way to fix that but if I do, I'll post about it...

To fix a different issue, if anyone finds the spoiler not being the correct color, you need to replace the career_ferrari_helmet (or the team you're using) texture files in the incardriver.erp with your own correct helmet textures, otherwise the color will be the default ones...

Last edited:
I have never tried it with any model other than the drivers of the same team... Right now I can't find a way to fix that but if I do, I'll post about it...

To fix a different issue, if anyone finds the spoiler not being the correct color, you need to replace the career_ferrari_helmet (or the team you're using) texture files in the incardriver.erp with your own correct helmet textures, otherwise the color will be the default ones...
Well too bad, but for sure post if you find the answer...

Hi does anyone know if it is possible to create a mod that is 2014 and 2015. I would really like to start at 2014 and then make my way to 2017 since there is already a mod for that.

So I've asked this question numerous times and got the same response: "It can't be done." Well, there is:

How to change engines for each team:

The resources you'll need:
Language File
Team JSON file
Team VTX file

Let's take McLaren for example.

In the Language file you'll search for 'McLaren-Honda' in the second column and replace it with 'McLaren-Mercedes' (if you want them to be Mercedes). You can also change the engine...I can't remember at the moment but the Honda engine is named RAH-16 or something like that. I don't know what Mercedes is, but it's unimportant to do this step as it only shows in one screen.

In the team VTX file you will open the Mercedes VTX file first and copy everything between <Engine> and </Engine> into the same area of the McLaren file. This gives McLaren the power of the Mercedes. Now, this doesn't mean that they will always have the power on every track. Codies has some things coded into track files if some teams do better or worse on certain tracks. But copying this portion does give the McLaren quite a boost.

The last is in the JSON file. Within this file there is a string line that reads: AudioF1Car
Under that is a line that has 'honda_2016.bdl' If you want to replace the audio for McLaren to the Mercedes sound you just edit the 'honda' to say 'mercedes.' So it would read 'mercedes_2016.bdl'

And now you have successfully changed McLaren-Honda to McLaren Mercedes...minus redoing all your texture files ;)

Cheers.

Hello, I have récement installed different mods (skins cars, drivers names, etc...) and I noticed that since it, the steering wheel from the ferrari and the Mclaren was bug...
The paint of the steering wheel does not correspond any more has the 3d of those this.
Do you know how I can repair this?
Thank you

viewer.php

Here is a photo of the problem

Excuse my English, but I am Belgian

Last edited:
Hello, I have récement installed different mods (skins cars, drivers names, etc...) and I noticed that since it, the steering wheel from the ferrari and the Mclaren was bug...
The paint of the steering wheel does not correspond any more has the 3d of those this.
Do you know how I can repair this?
Thank you

viewer.php

Here is a photo of the problem

Excuse my English, but I am Belgian
That looks like a toro rosso steering wheel to me so:
Export steering wheel textures (just search steering in the top left of Ego ERP Archiver) from toro_rosso.erp and import them into ferarri.erp
(the erps are found in asset_groups\f1_2016_vehicle_package\teams\*team*\wep)

Yes, it is well and truly the steering wheel Torro Rosso, and that's what I does not understand, how it this fact he that it finds itself has the place of Ferrari?

Because when we change a skin, the 3d should not be affected ...

However, thank you for the trick to put back the paint Torro Rosso by top, but I would like I could find the real steering wheel Ferrari ;)

Yes, it is well and truly the steering wheel Torro Rosso, and that's what I does not understand, how it this fact he that it finds itself has the place of Ferrari?

Because when we change a skin, the 3d should not be affected ...

However, thank you for the trick to put back the paint Torro Rosso by top, but I would like I could find the real steering wheel Ferrari ;)
When you change the chassis of the car it changes the steering wheel as well because the game thinks of the steering wheel as part of the car chassis model

Hi please can someone tell me why i keep getting this i follow the instructions i just don't know what i missed, trying to mod helmet.

Attachments

• 20170718211704_1.jpg
    20170718211704_1.jpg
    492.6 KB · Views: 350

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering