F1 2016 Modding Questions Thread

Hey guys,
does anyone else have that glitch where u save an ERP file from a mod and it overwrites the decal dds files and driver number files for all teams in ALL your OTHER mods? :cautious:

Can someone help me i m new to modding and i tried for first time I use GIMP and when itried to import in EGO ERP Archiver it showed up error: Image type not supported

I'm getting a weird glitch. I can export ...tga.dds files using EEA but when I open them in Photoshop CS6 Extended (with the correct Nvidia plugin for dds files) they are just pure black textures.
Any ideas please?

Thanks - I don't normally have a problem opening dds files in PS - does the Intel plugin do something differently to the Nvidia plugin?

Edit: added the Intel plugin and all works now. A thousand thanks @kevintaddo10 :thumbsup:
I know you got it working but I'll just explain why it's needed. The common in-game file formats are BC1 sRGB, BC3 sRGB, BC7 and BC7 sRGB. The Nvidia plugin doesn't support sRGB formats and therefore can't load such textures, or in some cases you can open them but can't save them. Even though the game accepts non-sRGB textures they will end up discolored in-game

I know you got it working but I'll just explain why it's needed. The common in-game file formats are BC1 sRGB, BC3 sRGB, BC7 and BC7 sRGB. The Nvidia plugin doesn't support sRGB formats and therefore can't load such textures, or in some cases you can open them but can't save them. Even though the game accepts non-sRGB textures they will end up discolored in-game
Many thanks for the explanation.
One last question: the extracted DDS files seem to be of quite a low quality: physically small and quite pixellated. Is there a 'quality' setting somewhere that I'm missing?

Not sure what you mean?
1585739219207.png

This is what I mean. If you don't set that it won't export with mipmaps

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 362 15.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years